Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

tallpaul wrote: »
    Works out at €321 using Visa's own exchange rate. Hardly worth it unless you live near the border...

1) Use the Revolut card to pay which keeps the price at €311

2) Use Parcel wizard as the delivery address which gives free delivery

3) Profit

I hope I will still be eligible for the cashback. Hopefully it doesnt have to be a UK bank account or something??

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Answer to my question on the Canon website:

Q: Do I have to live in the UK or Ireland to participate in this particular cash back promotion?

A: You need to be resident in the EU. So if your current address is outside of the EU, however you are resident in this area and hold a valid bank account there, you can still apply. Please, note the product needs to be purchased in UK/ROI as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,997 ✭✭✭dodzy

nava wrote: »
    You will be able to use it, If not a chip and pin card you will need to sign for the transaction. Same as you do now with some shopping center that use the prepay mastercards as gift cards.
    adox wrote: »
    Prepaid Visa can be used anywhere.

Good to know, as I still have mine from last Jan. Did try to use it in Debenhams over the summer but they said they could not process it as I had no PIN. I never questioned them however as I wasn't under pressure at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭GatsbyGal

Is the cashback offer over? I was in a hurry today after picking up some items for almost €200 and completely forgot to enquire about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Few offers going onto Argos UK tomorrow have been posted on HUKD

I assume there will be similar here:

http://i67.tinypic.com/33vm6pe.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Few offers going onto Argos UK tomorrow have been posted on HUKD

I assume there will be similar here:

http://i67.tinypic.com/33vm6pe.png

As predicted Lenovo A8 is now €69.99, old 3ds €99.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

dodzy wrote: »
    Good to know, as I still have mine from last Jan. Did try to use it in Debenhams over the summer but they said they could not process it as I had no PIN. I never questioned them however as I wasn't under pressure at the time.

As far as I remember the PIN is the first four numbers on the card.
    Get on to customer support with Canon/Nikon and it should be clarified. I definitely bought stuff with it in a bricks and mortar and used a PIN number.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,143 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Here is a list of black Friday deals from the big ad they have in the paper.

http://checkargos.com/list/4484811,4266565,4391966,4508199,4178165,4483032,4086233,3315390,4277334,4360904

Let me know if there is other ones you want to add

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Its been €115 previously, and the reviews aren't great. The 410 is at the same price on argos too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I thought I heard an ad on the radio for "20% off nearly everything" at Argos starting today. Is that true or was it another retailer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

ablelocks wrote: »
    I thought I heard an ad on the radio for "20% off nearly everything" at Argos starting today. Is that true or was it another retailer?

That might be brown Thomas? They have just advertised "20% off almost everything".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,973 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is that nutri ninja lite any good?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

What are Argos like for returning open goods that are unwanted? Do they have to be in original packaging?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

RossieMan wrote: »
    What are Argos like for returning open goods that are unwanted? Do they have to be in original packaging?

https://www.argos.ie/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/ReturnsAndRefunds.htm

Can be opened but must be unused. We have definitely bought stuff in the past that had previously been opened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

With original packaging and the receipt.... Bet you've lost that too;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

No probs at all- as long as its saleable- and you have the receipt. Yes- you need the original packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Tyson Fury wrote: »

I'm wondering the same, there is pretty much zero information online about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Are the Lenovo tablet or Toshiba laptop good deals? Worth getting or better off waiting to see whats on offer Friday/ Monday?

GaGa21 wrote: »
    Are the Lenovo tablet or Toshiba laptop good deals? Worth getting or better off waiting to see whats on offer Friday/ Monday?

Argos had a slightly better Toshiba on sale for the same price a few days ago.
    Having said that, I've no idea what the upcoming deals will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

I have reserved the Canon camera for the discounted price yesterday (24/11); last date for collection was today (25/11). Today the price is increased. Also, I have asked for extension till Monday (30/11) which has been accepted. Any idea that my discounted price would be honoured on Monday? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

mac.in wrote: »
    I have reserved the Canon camera for the discounted price yesterday (24/11); last date for collection was today (25/11). Today the price is increased. Also, I have asked for extension till Monday (30/11) which has been accepted. Any idea that my discounted price would be honoured on Monday? Thanks.

It will depend on the manager, most do honour the reserved price, bring the printout of the email when you collect it to show the reserved price, been 5 days late might work against you, but give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

4motion wrote: »

Might be interested in picking this up for a 14 year old.

Wondering would this struggle with whatever the current iOS version is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Might be interested in picking this up for a 14 year old.

Wondering would this struggle with whatever the current iOS version is?

Don't even think they are pushing updates to this model anymore.

At €139, it's not very good value for money. Put €30 more and get the Smart Ultra 6. Or buy from Amazon for nearly €145. Much better choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Batesout

Tyson Fury wrote: »

For €50 its fine, not as good as the Nutri Bullet but if you are not using it a lot its ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Techmaster wrote: »
    Don't even think they are pushing updates to this model anymore.

At €139, it's not very good value for money. Put €30 more and get the Smart Ultra 6. Or buy from Amazon for nearly €145. Much better choice.

Unfortunately at that age, a far better specced Vodafone handset cannot begin to compete with this.

apple-logo.gif

• Advertisement

mac.in wrote: »

How did you extend it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement