Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭dermiestv

4motion wrote: »
    Yamanoto wrote: »
    Might be interested in picking this up for a 14 year old.

Wondering would this struggle with whatever the current iOS version is?

I have a 4 year old 4S, running IOS 9.1 (latest). Great little phone for people, especially teenagers, who prefer to stay in the Apple eco-system.

The eco-system and integration is the main advantage of Apple devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭swervring

Unfortunately at that age, a far better specced Vodafone handset cannot begin to compete with this.

apple-logo.gif

I also have an iPhone 4s still working fine after nearly 4 years, running newest iOS

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

How did you extend it?

called the customer care and did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

dermiestv wrote: »
    I have a 4 year old 4S, running IOS 9.1 (latest). Great little phone for people, especially teenagers, who prefer to stay in the Apple eco-system.

The eco-system and integration is the main advantage of Apple devices.

i wonder does preowned mean refurbished?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Any idea what storage capacity the iPhone is?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

long_b wrote: »
    Any idea what storage capacity the iPhone is?

According to description 8GB

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

Bose xt speaker dock, 94 euro

Bose soundtrue on ears 79 euro various colours.

Good reductions considering they never drop in price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

dunworth1 wrote: »

I picked one up.

Obvious signs of wear around the side buttons. Otherwise you'd never know it was used.

Supplied in a plain white box with "supplied by Brightstar 20:20" on the back. Quick google suggests they handle the Apple instore upgrade process

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

dunworth1 wrote: »

Generally- it would be a phone that was in full working order- that was traded in towards an upgrade. In general- it would be tested to ensure its working- and reset to factory settings- nothing further. It would normally come with a warranty honored by the retailer in the first instance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Any thoughts on the Toshiba 48" 4K smart tv for €699? Link on hot uk deals seems to suggest that it's a rebadged Vestel TV set. Also no reviews exist anywhere for the set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Unfortunately at that age, a far better specced Vodafone handset cannot begin to compete with this.

I agree, try explaining to a 14-year old any of the following
      4g
      NFC
      1GB RAM
      wifi ac vs wifi b, g and n
      720p versus HD screen
      sd card storage for games
      DLNA
        13MP camera
        iphone4 can not perform all the actions of a iphone6 as it doesn't have all the api, and the iphone4 will not receive another update, just as the iphone 3 did not receive one this year
        scaling issue, as apps in iOS which are desired by screen pixels, are redesigned for larger screen introduce poorer performance on iphone4

It's for the same reason people pay more for a BMW 1-series than almost any car in its class - it's the badge not the specifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭dermiestv

It's for the same reason people pay more for a BMW 1-series than almost any car in its class - it's the badge not the specifications.

If you don't understand why so many prefer Apple phones, why troll?

Go do something useful and find a bargain for us somewhere please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

dermiestv wrote: »
      If you don't understand why so many prefer Apple phones, why troll?

Go do something useful and find a bargain for us somewhere please.

Nothing he said can be classed as trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

mac.in wrote: »
      I have reserved the Canon camera for the discounted price yesterday (24/11); last date for collection was today (25/11). Today the price is increased. Also, I have asked for extension till Monday (30/11) which has been accepted. Any idea that my discounted price would be honoured on Monday? Thanks.

I collected the Canon 1200D yesterday after the price had gone up

They were sound about it and manager approved it (In Galway store)

As was said previously, the only thing is that your 5 days late. But I'm sure you won't have any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Tyson Fury wrote: »
      Is that nutri ninja lite any good?
      As usual I dither over something, tried a bit of a google on the nutri, get distracted with work, come back to reserve and it's all gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Do Argos do any Black Friday deal at all? 20% off or the likes

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

I agree, try explaining to a 14-year old any of the following
        4g
        NFC
        1GB RAM
        wifi ac vs wifi b, g and n
        720p versus HD screen
        sd card storage for games
        DLNA
          13MP camera
          iphone4 can not perform all the actions of a iphone6 as it doesn't have all the api, and the iphone4 will not receive another update, just as the iphone 3 did not receive one this year
          scaling issue, as apps in iOS which are desired by screen pixels, are redesigned for larger screen introduce poorer performance on iphone4

My 1 Series was less than an equivalent year and mileage VW Golf of the "same class". Don't tar us all lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

My 1 Series was less than an equivalent year and mileage VW Golf of the "same class". Don't tar us all lad!

Ah here, Golfs were a higher class altogether :D

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

Batesout wrote: »
        For €50 its fine, not as good as the Nutri Bullet but if you are not using it a lot its ok.

dont know if i would agree, done some research before buying the ninja & it wins in some areas against the bullet
        been great for me so far

sorry just realised its the lite version.. dont know about that one

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Cannon camera EOS 1200 DSLR again on sale at €329.99

€30 cashbak on top of the above price too.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Fifa16 for xbox at 42yoyo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

SanDisk Ultra microSDHC 128GB at 34.99

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Anyone know if a 3 for 2 on toys offer is due before Christmas? Trying to decide if I should go for what I need now even though there isn't much of a discount on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Pipmae

iPod Touch 6th generation 16gb is €189 - I've no idea of stock levels - I didn't check.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Anyone know if a 3 for 2 on toys offer is due before Christmas? Trying to decide if I should go for what I need now even though there isn't much of a discount on it.

Doubt it, best bet should be a toy sale in tesco next month. Only rumours though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

matchthis wrote: »
        Doubt it, best bet should be a toy sale in tesco next month. Only rumours though

Thanks for that. Will bite the bullet now, Argos is the only one that has the [really overpriced] toy I need!

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

Is that deal gone? How do I do it if it is still active?

Reserve one item then press continue shopping button reserve second item you will then see both items that you reserved,pick argos shop then reserve and you should get reservation no.

This discussion has been closed.
      Advertisement