Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Got a code for a white PS4 500gb with GTA V, FIFA 16 and Bloodbourne for €354.99 in Carlow to be used by the end of tomorrow. i got sorted elsewhere. First to PM me gets it.

Don't know if anyone's interested but Bosch Laser Range Finder is only €28.69. Number 1 best seller on Amazon where it's £30 STG.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,082 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Don't know if anyone's interested but Bosch Laser Range Finder is only €28.69. Number 1 best seller on Amazon where it's £30 STG.
    Its a very basic, entry level distance meter but for that money you cant go wrong. For anyone who just wants a precise measurement without all the bells and whistles then I'd think this is ideal. Reputable brand name and Id recommend this to anyone who is into DIY.

Good spot btw :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

http://www.checkargos.com/product/4131164

Looks like the price is back up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

dingding wrote: »
    http://www.checkargos.com/product/4131164

Looks like the price is back up.

Pity that would have been a nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Don't feel too bad about the 128Gb, speed turned out to be only 30Gb/s. So old stock really, only ok for the money. Grand for storage but not great for day to day use.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

1TB WD Elements USB 3.0 hard-drive
    Till misprice 49.99

http://www.checkargos.com/product/2951047

Its 73.99 on the website- but its being charged at 49.99 at the tills.

This includes a free copy of McAfee (allegedly worth 36.99 in its own right).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

1TB WD Elements USB 3.0 hard-drive
    Till misprice 49.99

http://www.checkargos.com/product/2951047

Its 73.99 on the website- but its being charged at 49.99 at the tills.

This includes a free copy of McAfee (allegedly worth 36.99 in its own right).

Is this any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Doge

Do Argos understate their stock levels, or lie in other words?

It just hit me there, anytime I'm checking stock levels in Cork, there always seems to be only quantities between 1 to 5 in stock.

The advantage of doing this if it is true, is that customers will rush in to buy it because the stock levels look low.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Doge wrote: »

It just hit me there, anytime I'm checking stock levels in Cork, there always seems to be only quantities between 1 to 5 in stock.

The advantage of doing this if it is true, is that customers will rush in to buy it because the stock levels look low.

5 is their max i think. 5 could be 50.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

None, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 5+ is what they show.

I do regularly see 5+ on any items I look for. If it's a bargain price, then it's natural to see fewer as people reserve. Whether they buy is another situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Doge

Ah cool, i don't think I've seen 5+ before! Must keep a look out.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Sherfin

5+ on the main Argos site will show as 5 in Checkargos I think

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Monopoly 80th Anniversary Edition €17.49 down from €29.49: http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=4088619&authToken=

Great for family arguments at Christmas :D

386-4088619-APJ265X.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Doge wrote: »

As said, looks like 5 is the max stated on the website.
    It's probably as much commercially sensitive as it is marketing strategy.
    One sale item showed 5+. As there was a dozen on the shelf I wondered aloud how soon they might sell out, was told they had a delivery of 300, so.......a while.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Is this any use?

Is the 1TB Western digital personal Elements hard-drive any use?
    Its a small profile USB 3.0 hard-drive- aka its even smaller than the normal 2.5" drive. After that- you have to go do your own research. Having checked stock this morning- plenty of people appear to like them- almost all of those available yesterday afternoon are gone (I do see a few around Dublin- 2 in Stephen's Green, 1 in the Irish Life Mall, 1 in Dunlaoghaire- none in Liffey Valley/Blanch/tallaght/Ashborne/Naas etc.

You decide- its your call- however, at 49.99 its no surprise its gone in most locations...........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

could this work for a laptop to replace a broken hdd as price is reasobable
    Is the 1TB Western digital personal Elements hard-drive any use?
    Its a small profile USB 3.0 hard-drive- aka its even smaller than the normal 2.5" drive. After that- you have to go do your own research. Having checked stock this morning- plenty of people appear to like them- almost all of those available yesterday afternoon are gone (I do see a few around Dublin- 2 in Stephen's Green, 1 in the Irish Life Mall, 1 in Dunlaoghaire- none in Liffey Valley/Blanch/tallaght/Ashborne/Naas etc.

You decide- its your call- however, at 49.99 its no surprise its gone in most locations...........

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

GY A1 wrote: »
    could this work for a laptop to replace a broken hdd as price is reasobable

No. USB 3.0 socket is soldered directly to the HDD.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

This seems like a good deal, got very hot on Hukd. Less than half price Casio watch, will probably last longer then you!

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2517883/Trail/searchtext%3ECASIO.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

wil wrote: »
    As said, looks like 5 is the max stated on the website.
    It's probably as much commercially sensitive as it is marketing strategy.
    One sale item showed 5+. As there was a dozen on the shelf I wondered aloud how soon they might sell out, was told they had a delivery of 300, so.......a while.

I've heard before, if you order more than 5, it may show if there's actually any left?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

If anyone missed out on Until Dawn in Argos it is back in stock on Amazon for £19.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Dard23 wrote: »
    This seems like a good deal, got very hot on Hukd. Less than half price Casio watch, will probably last longer then you!

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2517883/Trail/searchtext%3ECASIO.htm

In the small print section: * Please note item 2517883 has previously been on sale at €13.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Tusky wrote: »
    If anyone missed out on Until Dawn in Argos it is back in stock on Amazon for £19.99.

Also €30 in Gamestop I think if they have stock left that is..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Have you got one of these? looking for one for a 43 inch samsung

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Gamebred wrote: »

No I haven't but I've ordered one today to hang a 48 inch Samsung, it says upto 56 inch so I can't see it being an issue if it's secured to the wall properly.

I have a cheetah one that I ordered from Amazon for €11 and I have an old 42 inch JVC led hanging from it and it's solid as a rock and that tv weighs a ton.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Gamebred wrote: »

Couple of family members have the Vonhaus brackets, they're the job. Exact same thing as the €50+ ones in shops here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement