Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

vicwatson wrote: »
    Yet argos says it's less than half price :p

I sit corrected by your astute observedness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,886 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Basq wrote: »

I've reserved this...my last two purchases in argos will now be memory. 192GB of flash storage for about 50 quid. Madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Thomas Me Reader

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=487524

Have a reservation for this in castlebar if anyone wants it - nice stocking filler (my sis also had the same idea!!) Reservation good until closing tomorrow

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Was just about to post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

godtabh wrote: »
    Was just about to post

Class 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Techmaster wrote: »
    Class 10?

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Bought 2 of these last week for phones @ €21.99 each. a bargain at the price even

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Is there any chance to get old good checkargos back ? Even as an option, or under different link? I hate to click all shops I am interested in every time I use new one (I use different computers and have no option to select them once for ever)!!
    I am aware and understand sometimes marketing is more important than common sense, best example is new google map, but it is good to have option to use old, better solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

zom wrote: »
    Is there any chance to get old good checkargos back ? Even as an option, or under different link? I hate to click all shops I am interested in every time I use new one (I use different computers and have no option to select them once for ever)!!
    I am aware and understand sometimes marketing is more important than common sense, best example is new google map, but it is good to have option to use old, better solution.

You can select up to 10 stores? How many do you want? All of them?

I am happy to use what we can, it's obvious why we can't choose all stores,

http://node.checkargos.com/product/3939800

• Advertisement

It is not that obvious why we can't select all stores (too much load on argos website?? ddos attack ;-), but it was working fine witch old website so don't tell me it is impossible.

And if I want to check someting on not my computer (internet cafe for example) I have always go throu selecting all 10 stores...
    I found checkargos extension for chrome - GREAT!! - but it is doing the same :-(((

I hate new google maps but I found the way to use it old way. I was wondering if someone could do the same with checkargos??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

It also appears that its the 80mb/s version and not the 30mb/s version advertised. Just picked mine up in DL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

It is not that obvious why we can't select all stores (too much load on argos website?? ddos attack ;-), but it was working fine witch old website so don't tell me it is impossible.

The old way was causing a big load on Argos, and they did not like it, and tried to stop CA having access. If CheckArgos kept hitting the site with 40 request every time someone wanted to check something, they would eventually end up restricting all access to the site.

Lets say 60 people used the old CA to check an item over the course of an hour - that is 2400 requests. Now lets say there was a sale on, and those 60 people decided to check 5 different items over the same timeframe. That's 12000 requests in an hour. Let's say that number keeps up over the course of an 8 hour day - that 96000 requests in one day. Argos do not want a possible 100k requests to the site a day, when at the very best 1 out of every 40 checks may result in a sale.

Limiting the checks to stores that are relevant to end users dramatically reduce the load, and more importantly keeps everyone happy so CheckArgos can continue to exist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭warpdrive

[argos/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=SANDISK+ULTRA+MICROSDHC+64GB+MEMORY+CARD&authToken="]SanDisk Ultra microSDHC 64GB Memory Card with Adaptor. 339/2210] for €17.99.

As far as I know this isn't the best you could get at that price range. That card seems to be SDHC, even though there's an SDXC one in the picture, and you can get SDXCs with higher R/W speeds on eBay for a few euro more.

Maybe someone with better knowledge on all of this can let us know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Description is wrong.Looks like it point to 32gb version 48mb/s but on HUKD people said it is 80mb/s

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

just picked mine up,

64gb Micro SDXC, Class 10 and 80mb/s :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

And if I want to check someting on not my computer (internet cafe for example) I have always go throu selecting all 10 stores...
    I found checkargos extension for chrome - GREAT!! - but it is doing the same :-(((

I hate new google maps but I found the way to use it old way. I was wondering if someone could do the same with checkargos??
    Maybe you should just code your own and have it work exactly how you want it to?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭warpdrive

kop77 wrote: »
    just picked mine up,

Awesome! Gonna buy it then because I had bought one on Amazon the other day as part of a lightning deal (for ~€25 delivered) and I cancelled that when I saw them cheaper on eBay and I hadn't gotten around to buying one on there yet and now this one comes along, cheapest out of them all.

Don't ever buy one off eBay mate.....99% that it will be a fake one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Don't ever buy one off eBay mate.....99% that it will be a fake one.

Yeah I bought a 32gb one before, turned out to be only 8gb or less.

Only noticed tiny print afterwards on the ebay listing that said "size may vary" or something along those lines.

Paypal gave me my money back, lesson learned :o

• Advertisement

mossym wrote: »
    Maybe you should just code your own and have it work exactly how you want it to?

Was thinking about it after reading how it started (quite a story here on boards.ie). May do it anyway, not now but at some stage as I'm convinced by what people do with old google map.

GitHub! GitHub! Here I come!! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

kop77 wrote: »
    just picked mine up,

yep just got one and can confirm its the 80mb/s model

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Wohoo! Got one. It's very rare that Sligo Extra (yeah right) has stock of bargains (it's probably going to be even more difficult since your work is now next to them lol).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

What are you on about with Google maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Loads of tv brackets reduced.All sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,082 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

muffler wrote: »
    Eh?

Related to post above fro zom

• Registered Users Posts: 28,947 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Here ya go. An answer to all your issues

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Reserved and will pick up tomorrow , thanks for the post .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,082 ✭✭✭✭muffler

nava wrote: »
    Related to post above fro zom
    Wouldnt have been too difficult to have quoted the post though. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement