Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,915 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

loyatemu wrote: »
    no HDMI?

(I'm sure it must have but it's not listed).

I did'nt look too closely at the specs. If I bring another tv into the gaff, the locks will be changed:D.

Edit: They give no connectivity details at all !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

I did'nt look too closely at the specs. If I bring another tv into the gaff, the locks will be changed:D.

Edit: They give no connectivity details at all !!!!

Found spec ..... on adverts :D
    http://www.adverts.ie/tv/bush-40-lcd-tv-3-months-old/2893494

Probably vestel or summat anyway so I'm sure you'll find an identical technika/walker or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭lau1247

So…..

I had to go to argos in Ashbourne this evening to pick up something very small. Was waiting a few mins for collection of same and as I was there typed in our good friend 109/1678 and lo and behold…..1 left. :eek::D:)

Picked it up as I couldn't walk away from that, though not 100% sure if I'll keep it yet.

So..... I was at Jervis this morning while the missus went into Boots, I had nothing to do so I decided to chance it with the store checker, nothing.. when I clicked check other stores.. what do you know.. Ashbourne Argos had one..

I was gutted that I missed it when other poster mentioned that there was one in Ilac.. I guess my persistence paid off.. So anyone who is still looking for one, definitely check it if you happen to go into your local Argos because you'd never know, there might be more trickling through

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

~What was the product? Nothing on Checkargos for 109/1678...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

loyatemu wrote: »
    no HDMI?

(I'm sure it must have but it's not listed).

I bet my hair on it that this TV has at least 1 HDMI port.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Thargor wrote: »
    ~What was the product? Nothing on Checkargos for 109/1678...

A samsung 5 series smart tv reduced from €540ish to €309. Genuine reduction as it was a clearance line - not the usual argos chicanery, I.e. Was €50000000000000000000000, now €19.99 :rolleyes:

Here it is (exact model no.):
    http://www.samsung.com/uk/function/search/espsearchResult?input_keyword=40”%20f5300%20series%205%20smart%20full%20hd%20led%20tv&keywords=40”%20f5300%20series%205%20smart%20full%20hd%20led%20tv

Just looked on adverts.ie and there's loads of them up there now at silly prices which saddens me a little that people would try and profiteer from these "deals" when they obviously don't want it for themselves when so many people would love to get one for personal use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

i was looking at the various ads for this model of tv and the comments. it will be interesting to see how this guy replies! ps alot of his othe stuff looks like it was picked in post xmas sales in tesco

http://touch.adverts.ie/adcomments.php?item_id=4733473

physioman wrote: »
    i was looking at the various ads for this model of tv and the comments. it will be interesting to see how this guy replies! ps alot of his othe stuff looks like it was picked in post xmas sales in tesco

He obviously got more than one too judging by his comments. There are other at it too. Ah well. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

physioman wrote: »

Looks like all he does is buy popular stuff at discounted prices and resell on adverts for a profit, going by his current and previous ads. Everything is "new and unopened".

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,996 ✭✭✭dodzy

He obviously got more than one too judging by his comments. There are other at it too. Ah well. :(
    Feedback rating is solid, so people are happy with what they got.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Soarer

dodzy wrote: »

Of course they are. The items are new and unused.

I'm sure I could sell one of my 1c 3D bluray players from Tesco for €50 and the buyer would be happy too. I'd rather let people know that they're available for 1c though, and not be greedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

supply and demand !! or a fool and their money......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Soarer

I don't even think it's a fool and their money.

I actually don't think there's any problem with someone making a few quid...money's too hard to come buy at this stage. I couldn't do it though. And I certainly couldn't buy multiples of a cheap item and sell them on.
    I don't think anyone would have a problem with this chap if he'd bought one, declared what he paid for it, and made €100 on it. The buyer saves €100 and he makes €100. Everyone's a winner.
    But buying loads and profiting from lack of availability because of his bulk buying is a bit too capitalist for my liking.

Thread gone way OT at this stage. Apologies.

Edit: He's blocked me from making any comments on his ad, so he can do one as far as I'm concerned. Hope he gets stuck with everything he's trying to sell.

dodzy wrote: »

I'm sure they are and fair enough on one level. What I have a problem with is the buying more than one (as he has done) and selling them all at profit. Could he not just take one and resell, withough clearing the shelves? Taking every last one ruins it for everyone else.

Looked through the ads there and he's on the ball anyway with getting stuff at reduced prices. From his list you'd have to suspect he lives right next door to a Tesco and an Argos and spends 24 hours a day on the boards bargain pages and HUKD. :) and also that Dundalk is where to go for bargains!

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

maybe he works there??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,496 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Wonder how warranty works, could someone bring him to scc with adverts proving he has a business on the go if he wasn't going to replace a faulty item, distance selling rules etc?

gdavis wrote: »
    maybe he works there??

Maybe one of them but hardly both surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,996 ✭✭✭dodzy

TheDriver wrote: »
    Wonder how warranty works, could someone bring him to scc with adverts proving he has a business on the go if he wasn't going to replace a faulty item, distance selling rules etc?

I think yis are losing the run of yourselves here. You'll be calling for his head next.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It used to be the case that buying and selling at a profit was against the rules of adverts. They seem to have gotten rid of that rule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Quazzie wrote: »
    It used to be the case that buying and selling at a profit was against the rules of adverts. They seem to have gotten rid of that rule.

They should bring it back. Too many scalpers on Adverts.

I agree on one level but impossible to police I'd imagine. I mean if you got a present of something and didn't want/need it ang didn't have a receipt to exchange in the shop but wanted to sell on adverts what would you do? Is your purchase price then €0.00?

I think by purchase price they likely meant RSP - so again if it's cheaper than that what could they do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

sorry thought it was, trying to get the thread back on topic. still a decent price for the telly

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Quazzie wrote: »

Selling above RRP is still against the rules I thing. If the guy is selling below the Irish RRP, then it doesn't matter if he paid €1 for it, he is not breaking any rules.

kceire wrote: »
    Selling above RRP is still against the rules I thing. If the guy is selling below the Irish RRP, then it doesn't matter if he paid €1 for it, he is not breaking any rules.

Which was my point.....

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

daytob wrote: »

I see there are 2 of those TVs in Dundalk....I bet he will have them on Adverts.ie by tomorrow...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

muincav wrote: »
    I see there are 2 of those TVs in Dundalk....I bet he will have them on Adverts.ie by tomorrow...lol

Reserved one in Dundalk if anyone wants a code

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement