Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭phill106

odddavey wrote: »
    Still on, 28.99 on site

sorry just no stock i mean :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Managed to reserve 2 in Wexford,that's Xmas pressies sorted in one fell swoop.Cheers OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Reserved one in Kilkenny. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

They aren't honouring the price for guitar hero in store, showing as full in store

• Advertisement

I have one (Guitar Hero Live) reserved for the Xbox 360 in Cruises Street Limerick for €29. Don't need it as it seems I can't use the guitar with the first few Rock Band games. First to PM me their email address and I'll forward the reservation email on.

Gone to Kilteragh.

They've apparently cancelled all reservations in all the stores for this according to the manager I spoke to. Good luck to anyone trying to nab one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

RossieMan wrote: »
    They've apparently cancelled all reservations in all the stores for this according to the manager I spoke to. Good luck to anyone trying to nab one.
    Have a code was going to collect it shortly.

If i go to pay with card machine you reckon it wont give it to me?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

deckie27 wrote: »
    Have a code was going to collect it shortly.

If i go to pay with card machine you reckon it wont give it to me?

I went to pick up my Xbox reservation yesterday. Code wouldn't work on the machines. Deal wasn't recognised at the till but he manually inputted the reservation and I got it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Take a picture of the webpage with the price ,surely they have to give it then ?

• Advertisement

Take a picture of the webpage with the price ,surely they have to give it then ?

I would imagine it would fall under "invitation to treat" so don't have to sell it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Nope. Look up Invitation to Treat.

They don't have to give it to you. It comes up at full price on all the tills.

He called the head office who told him all orders are cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 harmarsuperlar

They don't have to give it to you. It comes up at full price on all the tills.

He called the head office who told him all orders are cancelled.

Then I just got really lucky because I picked it up at €28.99. The girl at the till was deathly hungover so I don't think she noticed the error!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭roxybargains

Got it for €28.99 just had to show the e-mail. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

they wouldnt sell Guitar Hero at the price i reserved it at in Dundalk

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Then I just got really lucky because I picked it up at €28.99. The girl at the till was deathly hungover so I don't think she noticed the error!

She has to put it in manually if it doesn't go through as per the listed price

• Registered Users Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Got mine in Wexford. Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Got mine in Clonmel with no issues. Tried to pay at the self serve first but came up as full price, then went to the till and they said the same. I brought the girl out to the stock check machines and showed her the price. Came back and gave it to me at €28.99. If anyone wants a Wexford code I have one spare

Ah for **** sake. I wasn't feeling too bad if everyone didn't get one. Now I'm raging.

Well done to all who got one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

I think I got a pretty good bargain in Argos today.

Limited edition Xbox one console
    Forza 6
    Fallout 4.
    Halo Guardians
    Guitar Hero Live with Guitar Xbox one
    Guitar Hero Live with Guitar Xbox 360

and I got change back from €450.

Prices for the reserves on Halo and the Guitar Hero games were coming up different. A LOT different in the case of the Guitar Hero games. So much so that the girl actually went a way twice to check it out before manually changing the price for me. She herself reckoned it was a misprice.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

kendragon wrote: »
    I think I got a pretty good bargain in Argos today.

Limited edition Xbox one console
    Forza 6
    Fallout 4.
    Halo Guardians
    Guitar Hero Live with Guitar Xbox one
    Guitar Hero Live with Guitar Xbox 360

and I got change back from €450.

Prices for the reserves on Halo and the Guitar Hero games were coming up different. A LOT different in the case of the Guitar Hero games. So much so that the girl actually went a way twice to check it out before manually changing the price for me. She herself reckoned it was a misprice.

That's a great haul for €450.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Anyone get the trooper
    What's it like

Quote: Zombienosh
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens Captain Phasma Figure

€17.49

I had a look at this in Argos today. It is very cheap looking and just grey marble effect plastic,not chrome or even silver.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

So annoyed......Castlebar won't give it yet my brother just got one in Tullamore! If they give it in one store they should give it in them all.

Ah for **** sake. I wasn't feeling too bad if everyone didn't get one. Now I'm raging.

Well done to all who got one.

ive sent an email just to see what they say,especially as my mother asked her neighbour could she travel 25 miles to pick it up for me.

They'll say No obviously. What you need to hope for are temporary Christmas Argos staff! ;)

They'll say No obviously. What you need to hope for are temporary Christmas Argos staff! ;)

but the thing is why have some stores accepted reservations and some not.

Ibid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Just picked mine up in Drogheda cam up at 105, but showed the reservation email. Thanks to whoever posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Kilteragh

Just got it in Cruises St. Limerick for €28.99. Also had a €10 voucher for Argos so happy days.

Checked the reservation on the self service machine first and it came up at €105.

Went up to the counter, gave him the number and acted surprised when he quuoted €105. Showed him the email. He checked with a manager. I saw a shrugging of shoulders and he came back and put it through for €28.99. He was pleased for me an' all :-)

Many thanks to Van Zan for the email and the OP for the bargain.

I can pay this forward as I have a reservation for Clonmel which expires tomorrow night. If anyone wants it then DM me your email address. First come, first served. No guarantee they will honour though I guess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement