Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's a great haul for €450.

I got halo + a black controller for €58.98.

It double discounted the €13, so basically paid 29 for the controller.

Couldn't resist getting the forza bundle either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I've just this minute reserved guitar hero in Monaghan for the 28.99. What the story with the stores not giving it? I can get a mate to pick it up for me but don't want to put them to the trouble if they are not honouring price. If they are cancelling the orders how come we are still able to reserve at the €28.99? There is also one left in Monaghan to reserve at this price if anyone is looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Picked up a couple in Wexford,self service came up as €105.99 so went to the till slightly worried after Rossie Mans post.Showed the email and the girl said "I'll have to charge you 28.99",when she uttered the words "I'll have to charge you" my heart sank but delighted she honoured the price I reserved them at.Result!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Fair play zerks. Was just quoting what the manager told me. The castlebar guy is an absolute gent, he'd usually give ya anything with a reservation. Just unfortunate I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

I faced the same situation where the price went high the next day of reservation. But the girl at the cash counter sorted out with the manager who was happy to honour the reserved price, with the email, in Mahon, Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I hate that! Did you see the comment underneath! Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Sligo1 wrote: »
    I hate that! Did you see the comment underneath! Lol.

I had to!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭mrm

RossieMan wrote: »
    Fair play zerks. Was just quoting what the manager told me. The castlebar guy is an absolute gent, he'd usually give ya anything with a reservation. Just unfortunate I guess.

@Rossieman, if it is not too much bother for you head back in tomorrow and mention to the manager that you understand some (most) stores are honouring their reservations (mention Tullamore and your brother) and could they reconsider. There may have been a change of heart after you were in. Management in Castlebar store are really sound.

I had to!!!

Love it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Monkeyjoe wrote: »
    I got halo + a black controller for €58.98.

It double discounted the €13, so basically paid 29 for the controller.

Couldn't resist getting the forza bundle either.

Nice... would have snapped up a second controller if I'd known that. Guess I'm just getting greedy... Ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

Picked up Guitar Hero in Drogheda about 4pm for €28.99. Staff member checked online price himself then put it through. Also spotted the 64b sd card on the wall marked 17.99 so got that too. Delighted with my boards bargains today!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mopsy06

Kilteragh wrote: »
    Just got it in Cruises St. Limerick for €28.99. Also had a €10 voucher for Argos so happy days.

Checked the reservation on the self service machine first and it came up at €105.

Went up to the counter, gave him the number and acted surprised when he quuoted €105. Showed him the email. He checked with a manager. I saw a shrugging of shoulders and he came back and put it through for €28.99. He was pleased for me an' all :-)

Many thanks to Van Zan for the email and the OP for the bargain.

I can pay this forward as I have a reservation for Clonmel which expires tomorrow night. If anyone wants it then DM me your email address. First come, first served. No guarantee they will honour though I guess.

Pm sent :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dawnied

It seems the Argos staff this year are so much better with the whole price change on offers and finds or reservervation prices.
    Last year I was told a clear no on a ps4 offer ..even with the price printed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

mrm wrote:
    @Rossieman, if it is not too much bother for you head back in tomorrow and mention to the manager that you understand some (most) stores are honouring their reservations (mention Tullamore and your brother) and could they reconsider. There may have been a change of heart after you were in. Management in Castlebar store are really sound.

That was actually me. Thing is i had my sister go over from claremorris to collect it so i don't want to give her another wasted journey. Wonder is it worth phoning them beforehand to see will they honour it today?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Guitar Hero Live is 69e in Smyths for anyone that didn't get their Argos order yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Anyone know if Argos will price match themselves ? I know they do it with other shops but I've seen a doll that's €51 here by reduced in uk to £26

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

shardylan wrote: »
    Anyone know if Argos will price match themselves ? I know they do it with other shops but I've seen a doll that's €51 here by reduced in uk to £26

No- is the short and simple, they won't/don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Guitar hero wasn't in stock in Galway City when I saw this yesterday morning but it was available to order which I did. After reading some of the posts here I was surprised to get a text this morning saying that it was available for collection.
    I was prepared for a bit of an argument at the till but no, they gave it to me at the reserved price of €28.99 and that was the price that came up on the til when he entered my order number.
    For anyone who was refused yesterday it's worth trying again because obviously the Argos system now has the reduced price.

Thanks a million Alistair_Doom & Happy Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Picked up a Guitar hero in carlow this morning to came up at 28.99 on the till got it no problems.
    Right behind me was someone else getting one they went to a different cashier and he hesitated to give it then the manager came out on the phone and said sorry they cant sell anymore for that price that it was an error.
    So its all down to luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

Just collected in Waterford at 28.99 I have a code for mahon if anyone wants pm your email
    It's for the Xbox 360

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

There's no code requests here.

I'll have a look in castlebar again this evening. Or if anyone else can get in before me. Working till around half 6 so it won't be much time for anyone else to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

I just collected one in Wexford thanks. I have a code for carlow if anyone pms me for it..

I just had to stick my reservation code in the reservation collect machine and it came up the right price , no bother at all

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Got two in Clonmel just now, came up €28.99 on the till, no hassles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

aidankkk wrote: »
    I just collected one in Wexford thanks. I have a code for carlow if anyone pms me for it..

I just had to stick my reservation code in the reservation collect machine and it came up the right price , no bother at all

What console is it for? If xbox one I'd take it please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Damn it...I keep missing a res for Waterford. I keep checking every few hrs and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Damn it...I keep missing a res for Waterford. I keep checking every few hrs and all.

What platform?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    What platform?

PS4 or XBONE

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭bluedoor27

I have a code for Longford. It has to be collected by 9 tonight and it's for PS4. Just Pm me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Luna Moon Hunter

Have a code for PS4 in Sligo to collect tonight if anyone is interested, just pm.

Gone to Sligo1 :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement