Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭p225886

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Unbelievable, I've seen it all now...:(

The gas thing is, you probably haven't!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭dan786

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Unbelievable, I've seen it all now...:(

Whats unbelievable? I have shared many bargains on here recently and also codes that I wasnt able to pick up.

Infact last year I got the MacBook Air for 110 and someone from here picked that up from Cork for me and drove down with one. Not all people are stuck up here, some genuine people who like bargains and also like helping others out.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dublin.15

dan786 wrote: »
    Right folks, I have a couple of Guitar Hero for Xbox reserved for Blanch. Was hoping to pick these up for Xmas presents. Thing is I cant make it out there today at all.

Is there anyone that lives in the Tallaght/Citywest area that is looking for one on Xbox One, get to Blanch today , they can have one of them if they can buy me the others. You would be saving 40e atleast and also doing a huge huge favour for me for Xmas.

i can do it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

With 2 posts? I wouldn't trust you with 1 of the numbers from the codes. Castlebar weren't willing to sell at reserved prices, yet have no stock today. Did the staff get them I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dublin.15

RossieMan wrote: »
    With 2 posts? I wouldn't trust you with 1 of the numbers from the codes. Castlebar weren't willing to sell at reserved prices, yet have no stock today. Did the staff get them I wonder?

thanks for your helpful post rossieman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Sweet jebus this thread title should be changed to rant alerts.

Good to see everyone soaking up the Christmas spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Soarer

Do argos pricematch?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭phill106

Soarer wrote: »
    Do argos pricematch?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭dan786

Soarer wrote: »
    Do argos pricematch?

They were on toys a few weeks back, don't know if they still are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Still price match on toys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

RossieMan wrote:
    Castlebar weren't willing to sell at reserved prices, yet have no stock today. Did the staff get them I wonder?

Was wondering that myself. Bad form if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

this asking for codes stuff it fair annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I have a code for the LG soundbar for naas. It has to be collected by tomorrow evening if anyone wants it send me a pm.

also on the price macth, T&C's say it doesnt apply to consoles and it has to be done in 14 days, I got a refund today from a console that was slightly cheaper in smyths and i bought it sometime in november.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Doge

Thread title should be After Hours Argos Chat! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

No go in Tralee either, refused to honor the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Why reserve an item with absolutely no intention of purchasing it.. is it to come on here and look for thanks an praise that you so f****** kindly offer it somebody else.. Ye must be badly stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Why reserve an item with absolutely no intention of purchasing it.. is it to come on here and look for thanks an praise that you so f****** kindly offer it somebody else.. Ye must be badly stuck
    If that is a snipe at me? I reserved it as there was only one left and i then realised that the only input on it is bluetooth or optical. MY tv doesn't have an optical output so would you rather i didn't offer the code to someone else to try get it at the reduced rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

guil wrote: »
    If that is a snipe at me? I reserved it as there was only one left and i then realised that the only input on it is bluetooth or optical. MY tv doesn't have an optical output so would you rather i didn't offer the code to someone else to try get it at the reduced rate?

No my apologies wasn't at you but was for usual cretins with feck all else to do

You guys won't be happy until you get this thread locked too.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bars

Argos Wexford
    Collected Guitar Hero for 28.99, won't give it to wife without proofs of email.
    Happy time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Picked up Guitar hero for PS4 yesterday from Naas, No problem's, girl at the counter didn't care, was ready to show email ect but not needed. there be smiles on christmas morning, thanks OP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Collected Guitar Hero just now from Childers Road at €28.99 with zero hassle. They just glanced at the email and off I went. Delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

Guitar hero collected me in dun Laoghaire for 28.99

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭warpdrive

If the game was apparently a misprice like some managers apparently claimed and that they were called and told to not sell any then why is the price still the same and showing on the self service tills in stores a couple of days later?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

Think it was a misprice though as its massively under anyone else's selling price.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,082 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I know you mean well but that post (and also this one of mine) isnt serving any purpose in keeping the thread on topic. Maybe start a thread in feedback about this or contact the forum mods by PM or both. Just saying :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Maybe they were planning on buying it but then couldn't make it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Rorok wrote: »
    Maybe they were planning on buying it but then couldn't make it

Yes that's exactly what happened to us. My friend was going to pick up for us in Monaghan but then couldn't. We were lucky enough to get a Sligo reservation thanks to a stellar boardsie. And thanks to them are going to have a very very happy niece and nephew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I've just realised what that thing in green and white shrink wrap type plastic that's been sitting in the corner of my wardrobe for ages is!!

YOUR VERY FIRST ARGOS BARGAIN!

I had totally forgot/ignored it since I bought it.
    I now have a new pillow (with a speaker in it) for Christmas.

There really is a Mr.Crinklewood :'(
    I'm the same ooops! Sitting in a corner of the boxroom :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Luna Moon Hunter

Well, I reserved one as intended it to be a part of Christmas pressie for my OH, but afterwards after dropping a couple of hints and trying to suss him out, he said that it wouldn't be really his thing as he prefers the real deal. So rather than let the reservation expire I thought I would rather ask fellow boardsies first. And I'm glad as it will make a couple of kiddies very happy this Christmas. Wasn't looking for any praise, that's for sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement