Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

whtas the alba 10 inch like that on offer in argos thread
    any good

any good

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

GY A1 wrote: »
    any good

Crap of the lowest order.
    Using it for anything other than basic web browsing is an exercise in frustration.
    Colour bleed from the screen- and its laggy.
    If you have some extra dosh- buy a proper tablet- even if it costs twice or even three times as much- its worth it.
    I'd only suggest the Alba for kids use (and only then if you put it in one of the gel cases).

Seriously- don't buy it- its cheap for a reason (they used the lowest priced components they could get their hands on).

cheers
    thats what i was thinking
    looking for something reasonable for present but not going to buy crap either,
    want something decent

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

I'm buying one later for one of the kids. I'll have a short trial to make sure it works.

I'm not expecting too much so doubt I'll be too disappointed.

• Advertisement

The USB sticks from yesterday have gone back up to 29.99 , they honoured the 19.99 reservation price for me.

Dub XV wrote: »
    I'm buying one later for one of the kids. I'll have a short trial to make sure it works.

I'm not expecting too much so doubt I'll be too disappointed.

Get a rubberised case for it- its quite delicate.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,082 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Get a rubberised case for it- its quite delicate.
    I heard that one before :p

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/p...OVO+TABLET.htm

is this lenova 10, the same as the alba,
    or any better

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Smash The House

Is the 10% off all TV's over?

• Advertisement

GY A1 wrote: »
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/p...OVO+TABLET.htm

is this lenova 10, the same as the alba,
    or any better

Its way better- its not on par with a Samsung etc- but its a world different from the Alba. Either the Argos one- or the B10 which you can get in carphone warehouse- are very acceptable alternates.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Crap of the lowest order.
    Using it for anything other than basic web browsing is an exercise in frustration.
    Colour bleed from the screen- and its laggy.
    If you have some extra dosh- buy a proper tablet- even if it costs twice or even three times as much- its worth it.
    I'd only suggest the Alba for kids use (and only then if you put it in one of the gel cases).

Seriously- don't buy it- its cheap for a reason (they used the lowest priced components they could get their hands on).

Phew... They were all raving about it in the other Argos thread and I thought I had made a mistake returning the two I had bought for my kids xmas presents and replacing them with the more expensive Lenovos. Thanks for putting my mind at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭patrickc

I want to return something I bought unopened and buy another of the same different brand however bought the original in Ilac, can it be returned to any argos or does it have to be the same one it was purchased in?

I cant see this on the website.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Any Argos store. I bought FIFA 16 in Stephen's Green and i got a refund in the Ilac Centre Argos and i had used a visa card. Should be no problem in any store as the system is centralised

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭patrickc

Any Argos store. I bought FIFA 16 in Stephen's Green and i got a refund in the Ilac Centre Argos and i had used a visa card. Should be no problem in any store as the system is centralised

great thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,947 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Its way better- its not on par with a Samsung etc- but its a world different from the Alba. Either the Argos one- or the B10 which you can get in carphone warehouse- are very acceptable alternates.
    Side by side the specs for the Alba are equal. The Alba comes with a newer version of Android though, which would make it a better choice than the A10.

In fact the MediaTek 8127 in the Alba is a new and more comprehensive chip than the MediaTek MT8121 in the Lenovo A10.

Do you have anything to back up your claim that the Lenovo is "way better"?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

Quazzie wrote: »
    Side by side the specs for the Alba are equal. The Alba comes with a newer version of Android though, which would make it a better choice than the A10.

In fact the MediaTek 8127 in the Alba is a new and more comprehensive chip than the MediaTek MT8121 in the Lenovo A10.

Do you have anything to back up your claim that the Lenovo is "way better"?

The Lenovo has Dolby sound stereo and 2 front facing speakers. Which are both a great thing.

Speakers on the back of a tablet can sound dull and blocked if you are housing a case on it.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Bought the Alba one yesterday but won't get to try it out until the weekend so no reports yet. I'll only be using it for watching video so if it does what it says on the tin it should be perfect. I use headphones so the sound shouldn't be a problem.
    Big shout out to Maura on the till in Galway for her customer service and efficiency. Absolutely no accolades to the guy in the suit who slid the thing along the counter cowboy/glass of milk style to me as he chatted to a woman who jumped the queue when my number was called. I even made my way back to thank him when I caught up with it but got a dirty look for interrupting him :-\

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I use an original iPad which makes it next to impossible to link pics....

This is one of the trees I bought today in Argos, been dying to get them for ages, then today, himself wanted me to put them up in the house!

They give out amazing light, really chuffed wih them,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

I ordered lego star wars complete saga for xbox one into galway last week
    got an email saying ready for collection from Monday 21st to weds23rd
    will it definitely be in there or shud I have received a further email saying it has arrived?
    it's saying out of stock now......

Guys whats the deal with items not in stock but that can be ordered for collection?

I have one that should be in today but didn't get text or email to say that it was now in stock. DO they generally do that or will they items just be there to pick up on the day of the reservation?

Oh I see km79 is asking same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mot2000ie

km79 wrote: »
    I ordered lego star wars complete saga for xbox one into galway last week
    got an email saying ready for collection from Monday 21st to weds23rd
    will it definitely be in there or shud I have received a further email saying it has arrived?
    it's saying out of stock now......

u should have received a text confirmation. ring them to make sure it's in stock. 091384430. I rang yesterday about an item and they said that all their delivery didn't come in yesterday but should be in tonight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Is the tv10 code still apply for 10% off TVs?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

physioman wrote: »
    Is the tv10 code still apply for 10% off TVs?

Why not put through a dummy purchase and try the code?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I posted this on the Argos bargains thread. Not sure if its a glitch or what. And I think you may need to order from instore but... For anyone who's a wedding coming up seems awesome value. Men's pallidium wedding band €295
    Down to €12.

Would be interesting to see if anyone is actually able to order it at this price.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2032148/Trail/searchtext>PALLADIUM+RING.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

degsie wrote: »
    Why not put through a dummy purchase and try the code?

Think it's over,10% was at till only and you had to mention a code.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Bit of a random one but someone might be able to give me a steer.

I managed to reserve an xbox one controller and the plug and charge kit but when I did the price for the two items came up (the charge kit is supposed to be free with the controller), I assume this is happening for everyone and it'll be fixed in the shop when i go to pay but has anyone else run into any problems? The wording is a little funny in the special offer and part of me is worried whoever has the misfortune of manning the till when i arrive might think it's in with the controller already.

I've been lucky with Argos to date so I hope it'll be ok again but my pessimism is getting the better of me!

Thanks

Just a side note,

Was in 2 Argos stores yesterday, massive massive queues, so be prepared to wait,

• Advertisement

Sligo1 wrote: »
    I posted this on the Argos bargains thread. Not sure if its a glitch or what. And I think you may need to order from instore but... For anyone who's a wedding coming up seems awesome value. Men's pallidium wedding band €295
    Down to €12.

Would be interesting to see if anyone is actually able to order it at this price.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2032148/Trail/searchtext%3EPALLADIUM+RING.htm

Tried to order this morning, would nt let me, pricehasgone up but still cannot order it.

It's my wedding anniversary tomorrow, had to stop wearing my ring as I lost weight and it kept falling off,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement