Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    Tried to order this morning, would nt let me, pricehasgone up but still cannot order it.

It's my wedding anniversary tomorrow, had to stop wearing my ring as I lost weight and it kept falling off,

Price on link is still reading €12. I think u actually have to go instore to order it on the right size?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Tried to order this morning, would nt let me, pricehasgone up but still cannot order it.

It's my wedding anniversary tomorrow, had to stop wearing my ring as I lost weight and it kept falling off,

I got a this,couldn't reserve online but my local shop reserved it in another, seems like a pricing error to me

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

I got a this

Anyone else read this in Mario's accent?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Guys whats the deal with items not in stock but that can be ordered for collection?

I have one that should be in today but didn't get text or email to say that it was now in stock. DO they generally do that or will they items just be there to pick up on the day of the reservation?

Oh I see km79 is asking same thing.
    rang them and it won't be in stock
    so suggest you do the same if you have far to travel
    would have been a 70k round trip for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Anyone else read this in Mario's accent?

yes, mamma mia!!

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    rang them and it won't be in stock
    so suggest you do the same if you have far to travel
    would have been a 70k round trip for me

Was going to phone them earlier but got the text to confirm my items were there before I got the chance. Glad you didn't drive all that way for nothing :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I tried this and they said they could order t in no bother but there's a new catalogue coming out so if it's not in the new one it'll never come. would take 3 weeks to come apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

murphm45 wrote: »
    Bit of a random one but someone might be able to give me a steer.

I managed to reserve an xbox one controller and the plug and charge kit but when I did the price for the two items came up (the charge kit is supposed to be free with the controller), I assume this is happening for everyone and it'll be fixed in the shop when i go to pay but has anyone else run into any problems? The wording is a little funny in the special offer and part of me is worried whoever has the misfortune of manning the till when i arrive might think it's in with the controller already.

I've been lucky with Argos to date so I hope it'll be ok again but my pessimism is getting the better of me!

Thanks

Just replying to this rather than editing to try to help others out.

So my luck ran out, turns out you need to buy a headset too to get the charger free. Personally I think it was very badly presented on the website but decided to buy the controller on its own given the reasonable price.

On the plus it is the new controller (with the 3.5mm connector) so I'm pretty happy.

Oh and I have a controller due to arrive on Nutgrove on Thursday of anyone wants the code (can't guarantee it'll be a 'new' one though)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Was in the Cavan store. Ring needed to be ordered. He said it was a pricing error so wouldn't let me order it at the €12.
    Bah humbug!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

they let me order it in limerick. I just didn't bother because they reckoned it'd never come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

It's gone up to €126 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

I have an Asus Zenpad 10'' Black - 16GB. 414/5428 reserved at: Limerick The Crescent which is available to collect from:
    Wednesday December 23rd to Saturday December 26th 2015 that I no longer need as Currys price matched the item closer to home.
    If anyone wants the reservation code, just give me a shout :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

It's gone up to €126 now.

Ordered in Blanchardstown Argos at 6.30 pm yesterday. Have a screen grab of the price showing €12.59 even if it is an obvious misprice. Was explicitly told I would pay the price indicated at the time of reservation.

I'll know in about two weeks but won't hold my breath :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Just picked up Battlefield 4 for 2.99 on PS3. Not the most recent one but still a stocking filler for someone who doesn't have it :)

Stock seems plentiful in Clonmel anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Yes wrong forum and not a bargain, but I'm guessing this topic can be closed within 1 min after posting.
    Have a reservation code for above mentioned game Argos swords. I bet I could sell this at a profit, but hey its Christmas. Any takers? First come first serve. Valid until tmrw.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

I'll take it, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

fdevine wrote: »
    Ordered in Blanchardstown Argos at 6.30 pm yesterday. Have a screen grab of the price showing €12.59 even if it is an obvious misprice. Was explicitly told I would pay the price indicated at the time of reservation.

I hope you do get it but I'll be raging if you do!
    Showed the screenshot in Cavan last night but he said no way because it had to be ordered. Fought my case with him but it made no difference.
    The inconsistency between stores is so irritating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

fdevine wrote: »

Argos terms do state that you pay the price at the time of payment, but they have over turned it for me in the past

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭warpdrive

Did anyone else who bought one of the 64GB micro SD cards that were on sale recently have any trouble with it? I got it for a Christmas present and it isn't working right, it doesn't show up on either mine or other people's phones. I have the receipt, would they exchange it if it's faulty?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

warpdrive wrote: »
    Did anyone else who bought one of the 64GB micro SD cards that were on sale recently have any trouble with it? I got it for a Christmas present and it isn't working right, it doesn't show up on either mine or other people's phones. I have the receipt, would they exchange it if it's faulty?

They will absolutley have to change it if its fauty,i cant see any problem with them replacing it for you.

• Advertisement

Did you try inserting it into your pc and formatting it? Does it even show up there?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If there is a problem with the card and you have the receipt- Argos are normally brilliant at swapping out products (or refunding if the product is not in stock). Of all the retailers- their return/refund policies are top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rahern

would it be your phone as some phones only accept up to 32gb cards

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭warpdrive

rahern wrote: »
    would it be your phone as some phones only accept up to 32gb cards

Nope, phone takes up to 64GB. I'll give it all another go soon. I didn't get to put it into a PC or laptop because there's no SD card slot on either but I tried hooking the phone up to the laptop while the card was in and it didn't show up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Nope, phone takes up to 64GB. I'll give it all another go soon. I didn't get to put it into a PC or laptop because there's no SD card slot on either but I tried hooking the phone up to the laptop while the card was in and it didn't show up

Could be that it needs to be formatted within the device you're using it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mot2000ie

I've a samsung galaxy s5 and just put it in today with no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

When it means orderable & ready to collect, does that that mean you can only order it that day when it comes in & collect & not pre-order now & collect?

As when you go to the trolley stage & click your store:
    Can be ordered
    for collection
    Fri 1st - Mon 4th January

But shows your out of stock, i thought there was a way of pre-ordering?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Just buy as normal and collect Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Just buy as normal and collect Friday.

You mean buy online?, no problem, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Hi all, here's a question for you and if appreciate any feedback.

Is there any way you can get an alert on a specific item when it goes on sale?

For example I'm looking at a specific table for my kids room and it's current price is €140. But when I've looked at the price history in January last year it was on sale for €60. Throughout the year it's ranged from €80-€140 but hasn't been on sale for a few months now. I want the table but it's something I could hold off for. And I'd rage if I bought it now and then saw it on sale in a months time for half the price. At the same time I don't want to be checking on it every day for the next 2 months to see if it's on sale either...

So does anyone know if you can get a price alert on an item you want to buy? I know I'm prob clutching at straws.... Thanks a mill.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement