Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Don't think so,

But what I do is check the Details.... I.e. see below... Each item has a valid price.... And I check every day or on the day is valid I.e. this one should change on 1st, bt one item I had my eye on went down this week by 2c! Is there much stock also,

Additional Information

* Please note item 4274526 has previously been on sale at €1099.00.

Current selling price valid until 31/12/2015

Is it this one ?......

Walton Corner Office Desk - Oak Effect. 162/8405
    €138.49

Home delivery not available

Reserve it now
    Check stock in your area
    Add to your order...
    Brixham Managers Chair - Black 617/9131
    €61.49
    Feltguard Dining Felt Pads - 2 Pack. 600/6840
    €5.99

Details
    Part of the Walton office range, this corner office desk is designed to fit around your office space. With easy cable access, this desk can go into any of the corners in your office, creating valuable space in your room. This oak effect desk is perfect for a modern office.

Part of the Walton collection.

Wood effect desk.
    Easy cable access.
    Maximum screen weight desk will hold 20kg.
    Desk height 74cm.
    Size A89.4, B119.9, C59.4, D59.4, .
    Overall size H74, W119.9, D89.4cm.
    Weight 29kg.
    Self-assembly.
    EAN: 1628405.
    Additional Information

Current selling price valid until 15/01/2016

• Registered Users Posts: 7,446 ✭✭✭corkie

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Hi all, here's a question for you and if appreciate any feedback.

Is there any way you can get an alert on a specific item when it goes on sale?

For example I'm looking at a specific table for my kids room and it's current price is €140. But when I've looked at the price history in January last year it was on sale for €60. Throughout the year it's ranged from €80-€140 but hasn't been on sale for a few months now. I want the table but it's something I could hold off for. And I'd rage if I bought it now and then saw it on sale in a months time for half the price. At the same time I don't want to be checking on it every day for the next 2 months to see if it's on sale either...

So does anyone know if you can get a price alert on an item you want to buy? I know I'm prob clutching at straws.... Thanks a mill.

You could try setting up a change detection alert for the product page.
    https://www.changedetection.com/

I use it to be alerted when there is new nexus factory images.

Have not tried it with argos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Hi Lazeedaisy, no that's not the one but thanks for comment. It says the current price is valid until 15/1/15. So I will check again then. Also, it doesn't even tell me what the previous selling prices have been. The only way I found it it had been cheaper was by the Argos stock checker which shows the graph of the prices it had been during the year.

Thanks corkie, that definitely looks like it's worth a try. Will set it up and feedback whether it works for me or not!

corkie wrote: »
    You could try setting up a change detection alert for the product page.
    https://www.changedetection.com/

I use it to be alerted when there is new nexus factory images.

Have not tried it with argos.

Never knew this existed! Thanks. : D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

When something it out of stock, but it says it can be ordered for collection, and you can through the process to reserve it, you don't get a reservation number. Do you get a email or a text to let you know it has come into stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

You should get both. I thought it used to give me a reservation number but I never took much notice.

bigron2109 wrote: »
    When something it out of stock, but it says it can be ordered for collection, and you can through the process to reserve it, you don't get a reservation number. Do you get a email or a text to let you know it has come into stock?

No,

You have to get the email immediately with the reservation number, it seems quite common, says you can Order, go through process, says either no stock available or kicks you out with no email and no reservation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

So just keep checking over the next few days to see when it comes back into stock would be the best thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    No,

You have to get the email immediately with the reservation number, it seems quite common, says you can Order, go through process, says either no stock available or kicks you out with no email and no reservation

Yeah, same with me, i just got the normal reservation email immediately, just for out of stock, you just get the same email with no reservation details on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭BabySlam

Does anybody know how to check for one store's "clearance" items that are in stock? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

BabySlam wrote: »
    Does anybody know how to check for one store's "clearance" items that are in stock? thanks

I don't know of one that tells you what clearance items are in stock but you can check clearance items in a specific store here

https://www.argos.ie/static/ArgosClearance&mvt=cb_wk24_clearance

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Anyone having problems with the Argos site? I'm getting an error with lots of text.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

guil wrote: »
    Anyone having problems with the Argos site? I'm getting an error with lots of text.

Really bad load times here- but no errors.
    Their website is probably getting a lot more traffic than usual......

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

MarkR wrote: »

Just wondering if you, or anybody bought this pack?
    I'm looking for a set to have for home DIY jobs that pop up.

I'd rather have a set and be looking at it then looking for it when needed if you get me.
    It's back at €19.29 now though.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

kceire wrote: »

I'd rather have a set and be looking at it then looking for it when needed if you get me.

I bought the very same set on Amazon for £6 a few weeks ago, it's £10 now, I got free P&P with it as I was buying something else at the time. It was excellent value for the money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

kceire wrote: »

Picked one up and only used 1 or 2 small bits. For the price paid, it will definitely be handy to have as you put it, be looking at it rather than looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Not the ideal time for it (maybe that's why it is on sale?) but Argos have a Qualcast petrol strimmer at the moment for under €75, seems to be stock available nationwide. Catalog number http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=410242

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Is Argos open today anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Sparko

• Registered Users Posts: 8,970 ✭✭✭893bet

Savage tv deals in Argos.

40inch Samsung for 319
    55 inch for 669

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Seems like the PS4 bundle with GTA 4 has gone up, from 299 to 359. Strange to up it after Christmas, would have thought it wouldn't be increasing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

That 40 inch would be painful enough enough with football, definitely motion blur.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

893bet wrote: »
    Savage tv deals in Argos.

40inch Samsung for 319
    55 inch for 669

Links ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 koolflame2

50L Roll Top Bullet Kitchen Bin - Silver

€7.99 (was €19.99)

Less Than Half Price

shortened link: bit.ly/1NWtY0s

• Registered Users Posts: 46,082 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Seems like the PS4 bundle with GTA 4 has gone up, from 299 to 359. Strange to up it after Christmas, would have thought it wouldn't be increasing :(
    Seen that this morning. My 2 lads bought the PS4 with the Black Ops bundle yesterday in Strabane (paid in Sterling). It was £249.99 but this morning I got an email from them about the breakdown cover and when I went to look at the item again it was up to £299.99. lucky escape it seems by buying it yesterday :)

edit / just had a look at the prices on amazon and they're up also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Do not click the above link.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

RossieMan wrote: »
    Do not click the above link.

Two posts up the shortened link ? What's up with it ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 koolflame2

koolflame2 wrote: »
    50L Roll Top Bullet Kitchen Bin - Silver

€7.99 (was €19.99)

Less Than Half Price

shortened link: bit.ly/1NWtY0s

I cannot post with images, URLs or attachments because I am a new user.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement