Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Two posts up the shortened link ? What's up with it ?

Doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it:

http://longurl.org/expand?url=bit.ly%2F1NWtY0s

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

RossieMan wrote: »
    Do not click the above link.
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    Two posts up the shortened link ? What's up with it ?
    koolflame2 wrote: »
    I cannot post with images, URLs or attachments because I am a new user.

Nothing wrong with the link.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=9047796&authToken=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Do not click the above link.

http://unshorten.it/

It goes to Argos, what's wrong with you?

He's right to be cautious. Shortened urls are dangerous. Had a particularly nasty experience with the lemon party website one time. :)

He's right to be cautious. Shortened urls are dangerous. Had a particularly nasty experience with the lemon party website one time. :)

Just Google it instead of opening the link if you're ever concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I was on my phone, copied the link, and up popped Argos and then loads of ads.

From using it a bit more it seems to be a more common issue with my Google chrome.

I apologise to the poster above, assumed it was that link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

I was on my phone, copied the link, and up popped Argos and then loads of ads.

From using it a bit more it seems to be a more common issue with my Google chrome.

I apologise to the poster above, assumed it was that link.

I dunno, the lad only posted 3 times on his account about that particular bargain, and then closed his account.... Something fishy anyways

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    I dunno, the lad only posted 3 times on his account about that particular bargain, and then closed his account.... Something fishy anyways

This gets posted in here near weekly now....I wouldn't mind if it turned out to be fishy but I can't remember one ever being dodgy....except for maybe the shiller ones but they werent dodgy. Dodgiest thing on here is the boards shilling that we were told we could unsubscribe from when in fact we can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭plonker

When you search for an item and it comes up in some stores as "can be ordered for collection"but your local stores comes up as"X out of stock",just wondering why items can be ordered in some stores but not in others or is there any point going in and asking them to order one in the out of stock stores?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Far as I know, it's usually for jewellery that comes in about 20 different sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

I have a reservation for NBA 2K16 PS4 for Waterford at €21.99. Unfortunately I can't make it in before they shut so let me know if someone can make use of it. Please don't request it if you just want to flog it at a profit. I'd prefer a boardsie to benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

I've booked one of the 40" Samsung TVs as posted here earlier:
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4533140/Trail/searchtext%3EGREAT+DEALS+ON+SELECTED+TELEVISIONS.htm

However I've just seen this one on the Argos uk site, size aside any ideas which would be the better tv?
    http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/4178196.htm

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

th283 wrote: »
    I've booked one of the 40" Samsung TVs as posted here earlier:
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4533140/Trail/searchtext%3EGREAT+DEALS+ON+SELECTED+TELEVISIONS.htm

However I've just seen this one on the Argos uk site, size aside any ideas which would be the better tv?
    http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/4178196.htm

Samsung by a country mile.
    I had a Bush- the sound board went on it 3 times- eventually Argos just gave me a refund on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it:

http://longurl.org/expand?url=bit.ly%2F1NWtY0s

Thanks for that, as i get a lot of tinyurl links.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Any recommendations on threadmills from Argos. Some of them are available for less than half price at the moment. There is a Roger Black one half price. Thinking of buying it

Any recommendations on threadmills from Argos. Some of them are available for less than half price at the moment. There is a Roger Black one half price. Thinking of buying it

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

pah wrote: »
    I've got a €380 credit note coming my way in lieu of a Galaxy Note tablet.

What will I buy??

Seems an un-usual request - Why Ask ?
    Why dudn't u get a Refund?

Do you wish 2 sell the credit note ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

dobbs2210 wrote: »

I got a Roger Black one back in 08/09. Still going strong to this day with no problems and it's been moved between three different houses and even spent a while in a garage.

dobbs2210 wrote: »

It will more than likely last longer than your desire to use it. :D

• Advertisement

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    It will more than likely last longer than your desire to use it. :D

That is for sure.....ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Picked up a couple of Acer Iconia 7" cases in black for 1.49.
    Can't link!

would they do as a generic 7' case or only for acer iconia

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

would they do as a generic 7' case or only for acer iconia

They are really pouches more than cases but they fit my kindle fire 7" no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fccallan

So last week I checked the argos website for available ps4 stock. I reserved a PS4 bundle with COD Black Ops 3 for 299 euro. I got an email with my reservation number and product details and it gave me a date to collect the item from monday to wednesday of this week.
    I went into the store yesterday to collect the item and it hadn't arrived yet, so the manager took my name and number and said he would call me when it arrived.
    I got a phone call this morning to say they had cancelled my reservation as there was no items in stock or going to be in stock for the foreseeable future.
    Seems as a bit of a scam to me, the price went up a day or two after I reserved it, so I am sure they'll be back in stock for the increased price.
    Really disappointed with Argos, not good customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I wouldnt put that down to being a scam. Possible that the units they had at that price over sold and they just had to pull the plug. Or realised they had it underpriced?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

koolflame2 wrote: »
    50L Roll Top Bullet Kitchen Bin - Silver

€7.99 (was €19.99)

Less Than Half Price

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=9047796&authToken=

Picked up one today in Jervis Street. Excellent value. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Got a call from Argos today, ended up cancelling my order for Reebok cross trainer(no stock) but just so people know the reebok treadmill on sale is due to go even lower next week I was told

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

fccallan wrote: »
    So last week I checked the argos website for available ps4 stock. I reserved a PS4 bundle with COD Black Ops 3 for 299 euro. I got an email with my reservation number and product details and it gave me a date to collect the item from monday to wednesday of this week.
    I went into the store yesterday to collect the item and it hadn't arrived yet, so the manager took my name and number and said he would call me when it arrived.
    I got a phone call this morning to say they had cancelled my reservation as there was no items in stock or going to be in stock for the foreseeable future.
    Seems as a bit of a scam to me, the price went up a day or two after I reserved it, so I am sure they'll be back in stock for the increased price.
    Really disappointed with Argos, not good customer service

There are no ps4's uncharted bundles in stock anywhere in Argos it seems. I can't find one anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A billion?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement