Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

CH3OH wrote: »
    Free €10 voucher when you spend €100 or more
    Free €5 voucher when you spend €50 or more
    WITH ANY PURCHASE BETWEEN 27th JANUARY AND 2ND FEBRUARY
    & SPEND BETWEEN THE 27th JANUARY AND 23RD FEBRUARY

Maybe coincidence by I've noticed they've added a fiver to the Amazon Fire 7
    http://checkargos.com/product/3072499 now €75

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Do you have a link? Argos might just not be able to get it into stock as it might be a discontinued item.

How do you know if its discontinued? The price just came down.

I just can't seem to post a link. It's catalogue number 462/9236, a HTC phone .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

bubblypop wrote: »
    How do you know if its discontinued? The price just came down.

I just can't seem to post a link. It's catalogue number 462/9236, a HTC phone .

I don't know if it's discontinued. I'm wondering is it. The M8 was originally released in early 2014 and updated (M8S) later that year if I remember correctly.

The M9 was released in early 2015 with the new HTC flagship do to be launched in the next month or two.

I'd assume stock levels would be very low of the older models and maybe Argos just can't source any.

I'd probably go for this LG myself either way for a little more.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5057704/c_1/1|category_root|Office,+PCs+and+phones|14418968/c_2/3|cat_19805493|Mobile+phones|14419095/Trail/searchtext>PHONES.htm

Or this Samsung A5 although it is a little more expensive than the LG

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4299769/c_1/1|category_root|Office,+PCs+and+phones|14418968/c_2/3|cat_19805493|Mobile+phones|14419095/Trail/searchtext>PHONES.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I bought the yoshi woolly world amiibo + game from argos today, got home and found the game wasn't in the box, very disappointed, tried to call the store and got no response.

I bought the yoshi woolly world amiibo + game from argos today, got home and found the game wasn't in the box, very disappointed, tried to call the store and got no response.

Prob best to call the head office. Was the seal on the game broke?

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Prob best to call the head office. Was the seal on the game broke?

It came in a box like this

yarnyoshiamiibo.jpg

No game in the box

I called head office, they tried to put me through the store several times, they either disconnected or didn't pick up at all.

It came in a box like this

yarnyoshiamiibo.jpg

No game in the box

I called head office, they tried to put me through the store several times, they either disconnected or didn't pick up at all.

The game box wasn't in the white box then?

Might be best to pop into the store in the morning and explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Bought laptop few years ago in Argos came home to find there was no battery in the box. They gave me new laptop no problem even though she was a bit skeptical :pac:

dave1982 wrote: »
    Bought laptop few years ago in Argos came home to find there was no battery in the box. They gave me new laptop no problem even though she was a bit skeptical :pac:

Aye I'm gonna go up there today but since it was on clearance and I had to reserve it I don't think I'll be able to get it replaced :(

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

Do argos do a price-match on electrical items? Or is it just toys? They have an item thats cheaper in powercity, but argos is handier for me to get to. Item isn't on sale in either store, so its not a 'special' price.
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

alowe wrote: »
    Do argos do a price-match on electrical items? Or is it just toys? They have an item thats cheaper in powercity, but argos is handier for me to get to. Item isn't on sale in either store, so its not a 'special' price.
    thanks

No it's just toys

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭onform

Sainsburys are buying the parent company of Argos, deal seems to be done. Wonder what impact if any it will have for the ROI stores?

http://m.independent.ie/business/sainsburys-agrees-13bn-deal-for-argos-owner-home-retail-34416038.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is there any sainsbury shops in Ireland?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭onform

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Is there any sainsbury shops in Ireland?

Not in the ROI, there are in Northern Ireland.

I have emailed Argos customer service twice in relation to a phone that has been out of stock since Christmas.
    Price has been reduced twice, but it hasn't been in stock since then.
    They haven't answered me at all.

Do they bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Why don't you just ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

RossieMan wrote: »
    Why don't you just ring?

The op doesn't have a phone :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Are the Micro SD cards a good price at the moment? I remember there was talking a few months back that they were very good value but not sure if thats still the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

You"ll get them cheaper than that on likes of mymemory
    Are the Micro SD cards a good price at the moment? I remember there was talking a few months back that they were very good value but not sure if thats still the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

GY A1 wrote: »
    You"ll get them cheaper than that on likes of mymemory

Have a one for all voucher to spend so will probably just have to go for argos probably?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭Villa05

Have a one for all voucher to spend so will probably just have to go for argos probably?

Got a 64gb cheaper than the present 32gb price just before Xmass, wait a while

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Tried to ring Argos about an item out stock, does it usually specify when something is coming back? If it doesn't does that mean it's not going to be restocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Looks like Argos have a new mobile site!

http://m.argos.ie

Who knows, they might have a sale to celebrate the launch! :D

I have emailed Argos customer service twice in relation to a phone that has been out of stock since Christmas.
    Price has been reduced twice, but it hasn't been in stock since then.
    They haven't answered me at all.

Do they bother?

So turns out they were just false advertising.
    Phone has been reduced twice and hasn't been in stock at all. And they won't be getting it back in.
    Surely this is wrong?
    Advertising sale prices and further reduced prices on items that they know they haven't got & won't have again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Phone has been reduced twice and hasn't been in stock at all. And they won't be getting it back in.
    Surely this is wrong?
    Advertising sale prices and further reduced prices on items that they know they haven't got & won't have again.

You should try for the LG G3 its reduced by about 20% and its streets ahead of the M8

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Surely this is wrong?

http://www.thejournal.ie/argos-items-half-price-recalled-2345999-Sep2015/

ARGOS ADVERTISED ITEMS on its Irish website for ‘less than half price’, although the items were not actually available in Ireland.

The Advertising Standards Authority of Ireland, ASAI, ruled that the advert was misleading after a complaint was made by a customer who noticed the items were constantly out of stock.

Argos were offering the following items at half price:

PC Trolley with Shelf – Metal and Beech Effect Less Than Half Price, €21.99 – was €54.99

Dalton 2 Drawer Coffee Table – Dark Walnut Finish Less Than Half Price, €44.99 – was €124.99

Slimline Hall Storage Unit with Jute Box – Chocolate Less Than Half Price, €42.99 – was €111.99

Maine Extra Deep Bookcase with 2 Drawers – Pine Effect Less Than Half Price, €35.99 – was €81.99

Chequer TV Entertainment Unit – Beech Effect Less Than Half Price, €32.99 – was €82.99

Maine Tall Wide Extra Deep Bookcase – Pine Effect Less Than Half Price, €24.99 – was €61.99”

The complainant said she tried to purchase the PC trolley on many occasions over a three week period and each time the item was out of stock in every Irish store.

She then uncovered that the item she wanted had never been in stock in Irish stores.

Argos admitted that it had stopped offering all the products mentioned at the end of January and so the information was out of date.

“All of the items had been removed from their UK website but it appeared to be the case that they had not been removed from their Irish website and therefore their Irish customers were receiving old out of date information.”
    The ASAI ruled on complaints in respect of 12 advertisements yesterday, finding eight of them were in breach of its code relating to principles, promotional marketing, misleading and decency and propriety.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Same story with tv brackets, reduced from 109 to 29 and none anywhere, boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Looks like Argos have a new mobile site!

http://m.argos.ie

Who knows, they might have a sale to celebrate the launch! :D

I really don't understand why their Irish site is so significantly different from their UK site.

The UK's mobile version of the site is much nice looking than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I really don't understand why their Irish site is so significantly different from their UK site.

Yeah it's really strange and i assume only makes things more difficult when adding new items etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭phill106

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Same story with tv brackets, reduced from 109 to 29 and none anywhere, boo.

Its available to order/reserve at the moment, just did one for childers road limerick

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement