Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

• Registered Users Posts: 7,446 ✭✭✭corkie

Don't know if it's been mentioned but Google Nexus 7 2013 model is down to 135.99 for the 16gb and 163.99 for the 32gb one. Bargain price for a tablet that still more than cuts the mustard.

Google Nexus 7 2013 - 16GB. 138/8381

Google Nexus 7 2013 - 32GB. 138/3661

Problem is this device won't get Android N.

I have a N7('12) that is creeping along on it's last legs. Also the N9.

If this device comes available at a more reduce price, I might consider it as a fall back device for when N7('12) gives up totally on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

corkie wrote: »

If this device comes available at a more reduce price, I might consider it as a fall back device for when N7('12) gives up totally on me.
    Android N, who cares.

They're all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

corkie wrote: »

That's true, although there have been some contradictory reports on that recently.

Either way, on marshmallow its miles ahead of anything else in that price range the same or similar sizes.

Picked a 32gb one up to replace a Nexus 9 that's currently a little the worse for wear after an incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Argos Safety Notice - Alba branded 8GB tablets:

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/index.jsp?p=103&n=127&a=1545

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,412 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Argos Safety Notice - Alba branded 8GB tablets:

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/index.jsp?p=103&n=127&a=1545

They're on the ball. Ordered Thursday, arrived this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,947 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

They're on the ball. Ordered Thursday, arrived this morning.

Ordered mine Tuesday and still hasn't arrived

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

That's true, although there have been some contradictory reports on that recently.

Either way, on marshmallow its miles ahead of anything else in that price range the same or similar sizes.

Picked a 32gb one up to replace a Nexus 9 that's currently a little the worse for wear after an incident.

Hi

Is it 3G/4G as well.
    I've looked the EAN number up and it indicates it is though I'd be surprised at that price.
    Let me know as I have one reserved! :)
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭breeno

I'm keeping an eye on a tablet that has been reduced well below the current sale price a few times in the last few months. It currently says price is valid until 22/03/2016. Does this mean it is likely to change(hopefully reduce!!) again tomorrow or could that date just be pushed out further?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,446 ✭✭✭corkie

breeno wrote: »
    I'm keeping an eye on a tablet that has been reduced well below the current sale price a few times in the last few months. It currently says price is valid until 22/03/2016. Does this mean it is likely to change(hopefully reduce!!) again tomorrow or could that date just be pushed out further?

What is the tablet? Check it on checkargos.

It will show the price history. Price could drop/increase again tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Anyone else having an issue with the scanner this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

GaGa21 wrote: »

Yes getting a page not found error when trying to view past the 3rd page

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

^^ Ditto. ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Hi guys, does anyone know what the story is with items that are in assorted styles? Do you get whatever they pick up or do you get to choose from what they have?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,412 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

How do you mean? Usually the different colours etc have different order numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

How do you mean? Usually the different colours etc have different order numbers.

I mean, take these action figures for example - http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3595794/Trail/searchtext%3EWWE+FIGURES.htm

One number, but various styles and I'm under the impression that it's random, just wondering if anyone has experience with asking them for a choice of what's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

I mean, take these action figures for example - http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3595794/Trail/searchtext%3EWWE+FIGURES.htm

One number, but various styles and I'm under the impression that it's random, just wondering if anyone has experience with asking them for a choice of what's there.

You can ask for a customer view at the checkout before you pay. Just explain you're looking for particular figures. They'll usually bring out a selection and you can pick out the ones you want and pay or just decline the lot. Might be worth picking a quiet time if possible, for everyones benefit.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Has anyone else noticed that recently there are items that do not appear on the website that can be found in store via the little machines? I have searched for particular phrases in store and the cat numbers or items are nowhere to be found on their website?

In addition I've also found some items that seem to be cheaper in store than the same items are on the website? Confusingly on one of the consoles I also got a more expensive price for looking up the item by cat number to just searching for it by name, where got a result with the exact same cat number?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Has anyone else noticed that recently there are items that do not appear on the website that can be found in store via the little machines? I have searched for particular phrases in store and the cat numbers or items are nowhere to be found on their website?

In addition I've also found some items that seem to be cheaper in store than the same items are on the website? Confusingly on one of the consoles I also got a more expensive price for looking up the item by cat number to just searching for it by name, where got a result with the exact same cat number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Philips TV looks like an easel !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Philips TV looks like an easel !

Yeah Philips sold off the tv dept

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Used to make v.good tvs.
    Who did they sell to ?

Looks dreadful .... Imagine lookin at that for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,947 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Hopefully Argos will do a special on ban-hammers so the mods can enforce the no chat in the Argos {No Chat} Thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Quazzie wrote: »
    Hopefully Argos will do a special on ban-hammers so the mods can enforce the no chat in the Argos {No Chat} Thread.

Tell me more about this hammer 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 28,073 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Quazzie wrote: »

Link for this Hammer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Link for this Hammer?

Feeling the hype for this hammer now
    Let me know when it's "hammer time"
    :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Hi Guys,

I've moved some posts from the no chat thread into this one.

Just a reminder as well bargains do not need to be posted in the megathreads if you would think the deal is worthy of a new thread please feel free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

NIMAN wrote: »
    I bought 2 large Clara sofas yesterday, and using £100 off special offer for buying 2, plus FURN25 discount code, getting them both delivered for £421.

Hi.

Do you mean Euro's ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

No stg, it's from argos UK.

I have a delivery address in the north.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement