Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    Can't seem to find the Argos price graph. Is it gone?

On checkargos? Still there for me anyways. Do let me know if its not working!

http://checkargos.com/product/4556938

384432.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Thanks for that, been using the CA app, but the old link I had would not work,

Was trying to see if this was such a good deal..

http://checkargos.com/product/4839734

Ok thanks for letting me know. I have been doing some work on the site recently, including tidying up the price history stuff, but its obviously after having an effect on the mobile app.

I need to revisit the app soon as it currently is just an old version of the website! And I'll run into this kind of stuff more and more.

If anyone has any features they would like to see in Checkargos or the app it would be a good time to let me know as I will be spending some time on it over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

Ok thanks for letting me know. I have been doing some work on the site recently, including tidying up the price history stuff, but its obviously after having an effect on the mobile app.

I need to revisit the app soon as it currently is just an old version of the website! And I'll run into this kind of stuff more and more.

If anyone has any features they would like to see in Checkargos or the app it would be a good time to let me know as I will be spending some time on it over the next few weeks.

One thing I always wondered, would it be possible to be able to filter the content of the scanner into categories?

Similar to the site it scans could it categorise into men's/women's/homewares?

Or are there further complications when you go into that detail?

Just curious about the workings! Great site!!!

One thing I always wondered, would it be possible to be able to filter the content of the scanner into categories?

Similar to the site it scans could it categorise into men's/women's/homewares?

Or are there further complications when you go into that detail?

Just curious about the workings! Great site!!!

You'll have to ask Maxiiim that, he's the scanner guy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

You'll have to be quick to get this but the George Forman Grill/Griddle combo is down to 19.99
    58-9065651MRUC1167198M.jpg
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9065651/Trail/searchtext%3EGEORGE+FOREMAN.htm

I just got a call to say they aren't honouring this price, it is now €61

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭p225886

A question for you and Maxiiim would it help if we clicked the odd ad on your sites? Would that help support them??
    You'll have to ask Maxiiim that, he's the scanner guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

th283 wrote: »
    I just got a call to say they aren't honouring this price, it is now €61
    €66.99 and Manager in St Stephens Green refused to honour price when shown reservation. Perhaps the "good times" are over?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Dec4 wrote: »
    €66.99 and Manager in St Stephens Green refused to honour price when shown reservation. Perhaps the "good times" are over?

Did you show the manager the current webpage?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

Showed manager my email reservation which stated €19.29. It came up on self service machine and on their system as €66.99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Dec4 wrote: »
    Showed manager my email reservation which stated €19.29. It came up on self service machine and on their system as €66.99.

Regardless - If u have a valid reservation & in date, they have to honour it.
    Was ur reservation in date ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

They don't have to. It's up to the managers discretion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭lau1247

yeah it is a bit hit and miss.. 3 weeks ago, they wouldn't budge on something I reserved also.. This is the Swords Pavillion store..

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭RayCon

RayCon wrote: »
    Miele Classic C1 Powerline Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner. 427/5312 €70.15 ...

Sells for £119 on Amazon, €139 on DID

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=805520

54-4275312-ANV253X.jpg

Code Gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

That Miele is a misprice, it's up to €139 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Not a chance that they have to honour it. Up to them

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Soarer wrote: »
    Bestway Lay-Z Spa reduced to €278 from €680.

Spa

Its in stock in Homebase for 340 euro.

physioman wrote: »
    Chicco next to me crib- 199 euro. Cat no 3232040. Strange thing is that can't get it on Argos.IE website but can get it on checkargos app. Might be of use to expecting parents.

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Search/searchTerm/3232040.htm

Its not on argos.ie or checkargos.com when i search, but is on the app! :pac:

Here is the link if anyone is interested

http://www.checkargos.com/product/3232040

I have no idea whats happening with this! Will look into it!

EDIT: Had to move my own post for posting in the no chat thread .... Abuse of mod powers or what!

Just got my foreman grill for 19.99 in Limerick, came up on the till at reduced price

Ooooh can of worms opened!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

padyjoe wrote: »
    That Miele is a misprice, it's up to €139 now.

They honoured it at lunchtime today- no questions asked. Gave me a choice of colours too........

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rahern

Picked up grill in mahon point.came up at €19.29

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Pity about the George Foreman, could have done with one!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rahern

There seems to be a few foreman grills in stock again if anybody was looking for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Missed the boat again, few stores saying they orderable on CA but says OOS when I go to Argos site.

If anybody has a code for LV or Tallaght I'd love it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Just got my foreman grill for 19.99 in Limerick, came up on the till at reduced price

What store?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Henry Cooper beats George Foreman
    Frying pan upside that big head
    Down for the count, permanent ban
    Argue with Argos? 'nuf said

© me, music to follow. Don't swallow.

Not your ornery onager

bigpink wrote: »
    What store?

Childers road