Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

bigpink wrote: »
    Oh cool have it reserved there.You pay at till or self service

Till, came up at the €66, showed her my email, she went over to another till and changed the price, no issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Zombienosh wrote: »
    606-3463606-AQX825M.jpg
    Lenovo YOGA Tab 3 8 Inch 16GB Tablet
    €164.66
    http://checkargos.com/product/3463606

I was gonna say that's a great price as sister has one but this is same name different spec than hers,
    Resolution 1280 x 800 pixels
    1.3GHz quad core processor.
    1GB RAM

Bought in the same place but far inferior to hers^^, bit sneaky in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

They don't have to. It's up to the managers discretion

Same thing happened at Clonmel. Manager said they weren't honouring it. He had received contact from head office (?) earlier that day.

Same thing happened at Clonmel. Manager said they weren't honouring it. He had received contact from head office (?) earlier that day.

They're under new ownership now so you'd expect some changes, wiping out these errors would be an easy one, especially when they're abused by people, no shortage of them on here over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Does Argos still price match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Thanks. They've changed their policy :(
    Smyths it is then !

I added back in the clearance section to checkargos:

http://checkargos.com/clearance

Let me know if you see any issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

[...]

Some products have no price displayed. When clicked...

385023.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

could the search filter out items where stock is 0 in all stores?

• Advertisement

Its not on argos.ie or checkargos.com when i search, but is on the app! :pac:

Here is the link if anyone is interested

http://www.checkargos.com/product/3232040

I have no idea whats happening with this! Will look into it!

EDIT: Had to move my own post for posting in the no chat thread .... Abuse of mod powers or what!

I fixed this now on checkargos, entering the above product ID returns the correct page.
    joujoujou wrote: »
    Some products have no price displayed. When clicked...

385023.png

Yeah I noticed a few products with "." as their price, unfortunately thats how Argos search returns them on their website

385056.png

They don't seem to be valid products anymore so I now remove them from results shown in checkargos

I also added a nicer error page than your screen shot , as that one was kinda bare!
    could the search filter out items where stock is 0 in all stores?

It's a nice idea, but unfortunately I wont be able to do it. Basically it would be way too many requests to Argos stock checker to check stock live every time someone does a search, and not doing it live means people might miss out on things that come back into stock.

The best I can offer on this as the moment is that you can select a store from the drop down and it will check that the search results are in stock, hope this helps?

385057.png

I'm still doing work on the site so any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

ahmsalo wrote: »

What has that got to do with Argos bargains or have you a link to that item on Argos.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

What has that got to do with Argos bargains or have you a link to that item on Argos.ie?

Have a look at who's selling it on eBay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭ahmsalo

it's argos outlet store on ebay :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

ahmsalo wrote: »

Are they worth having here without Amazon prime and all that, given they run on Fire OS?

It would be handy for my son to watch the kids stuff we have off a memory card, and the usual like Netflix etc.

Amazon themselves are selling them for £49.99 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Are they worth having here without Amazon prime and all that, given they run on Fire OS?

It would be handy for my son to watch the kids stuff we have off a memory card, and the usual like Netflix etc.

Maybe try discussing on the Argos 'chat' thread.

Moved chat to this thread, please report in future

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

ThisRegard wrote: »

Yep, and Kodi.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The clearance section doesn't seem to bring up anything for me?

I do love the site though, so thank you for your work! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Star Lord wrote: »
    The clearance section doesn't seem to bring up anything for me?

I do love the site though, so thank you for your work! :)

Did you select a section (e.g. Kitchen/Laundry) as well as a store? It's a required field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Reserved this hoover in Nutgrove posted in the no chat thread earlier in the week, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99613137&postcount=166
    Sister went to collect it for me earlier and they told her it did not come in to stock and offered her this one for the same price €34.99.

Happy days

Prices are mental in Argos nowadays.

SD Cards and Irons and Drills I've checked in the last week and they're a joke their price is so far away from Amazons.

New owners haven't a clue.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Prices are mental in Argos nowadays.

SD Cards and Irons and Drills I've checked in the last week and they're a joke their price is so far away from Amazons.

New owners haven't a clue.

It all depends- I got an 80 speed class 10 128Gb Micro SD Card for 34.99 recently. Its not remarkable value- but its the beat of anywhere else.

Similar to buying anywhere- you need to have a good idea of what other places are charging for the product you're looking at- nowhere has a monopoly on cheap prices; bargains, and indeed misprices, pop up regularly in a wide variety of places.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Hoolies

Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro 10" with Projector currently €401.99. Cant post the URL. Looking to purchase a tablet as a present, this seems good (spec wise) but mixed reviews on various sites. Has anyone any experience with this? worth the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Hoolies wrote: »
    Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro 10" with Projector currently €401.99. Cant post the URL. Looking to purchase a tablet as a present, this seems good (spec wise) but mixed reviews on various sites. Has anyone any experience with this? worth the money?

i bought this on saturday. the quality of the screen is unbelievable. Battery life the same. i havent put it to any hard use yet but no lag at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Hoolies

i bought this on saturday. the quality of the screen is unbelievable. Battery life the same. i havent put it to any hard use yet but no lag at all.

Thank you good to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Couple of questions:

Family member is looking for a good deal on a basic office laptop (running Word, Excel and Chrome with 20-30 tabs will be the extent of its performance being stretched). Any good deals on Argos since they have some store credit?

Product 450/5037 "Microsoft Office 365 Personal and McAfee LiveSafe" - I don't give a damn about the McAfee, but can anyone confirm if the Office 365 licence is a one-off full licence, or if it's for 1 year of a renewing 12 month licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Office 365 is a subscription and will be for 1 year only.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

JDxtra wrote: »
    Libreoffice is free :)

also check if anyone already has one of the older office home and student version that allows 3 installs from same family

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭bren2001

JDxtra wrote: »

You can pick up an Office 2013/2010 sub on the likes of adverts for 20e or so. That's what I'd do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement