Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭funkhouser

Anybody get the Bloodborne PS4 bundle from Argos a month ago?

They still don't have any stock of the game in. I have the PS4 and am using it. I've asked for a voucher or an alternative game but I'm met with idiotic statements like the bundle was available "while stocks last" (what that means in the context of a package I've paid for but not received I don't know). There is no sign of it arriving anytime within the next 2 weeks. I will try the manager of the store next time I'm not sure what to do in case of another stonewall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

funkhouser wrote: »
    Anybody get the Bloodborne PS4 bundle from Argos a month ago?

They still don't have any stock of the game in. I have the PS4 and am using it. I've asked for a voucher or an alternative game but I'm met with idiotic statements like the bundle was available "while stocks last" (what that means in the context of a package I've paid for but not received I don't know). There is no sign of it arriving anytime within the next 2 weeks. I will try the manager of the store next time I'm not sure what to do in case of another stonewall.

as they haven't completed their side of the bargain, would it be worth reserving another bundle that comes up if its better and returning the one you have ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Hey Guys,

I've been working on something for Checkargos for the last couple of months that hopefully people will find useful.

387312.png

If you notice the new green buttons, you can now

A) Sign up to get price change notifications
    B) Also if a product is not in stock you can get sign up to get notified when it becomes available.

You will be contacted via email when the you are being notified.

This is something I've wanted to add for a really really long time so really happy to get it out there! But please let me know if you have any suggestions/questions or feedback as I would love to hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

That's dead handy, thanks a million for all your work.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

Thanks witnessmenow - very useful. I've also reserved the Thomas toy that you have in your screenshot so double thanks are in order :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

Had to put a new hard drive in the mac and lost everything. Can someone post the stock checker link for chrome please.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,446 ✭✭✭corkie

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

corkie wrote: »

Thanks but there is an app for chrome . When you are on the Argos site you click the item number and it tells you the stock

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

paska wrote: »
    Thanks but there is an app for chrome . When you are on the Argos site you click the item number and it tells you the stock

Here you go:> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/argos-stockchecker/kdfjafldmdgledccmljiadgmbdcicjee

I will add it to the charter sticky for anyone else looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 maxiiim

Hi All,

Week of updates :) Same as witnessmenow as I was working on scanner - hopefully you will find it useful!
    - Scanner is moving to pricescanner.ie
    - It is by category now
    - Price charts
    - Lowest price sticker
    - https and faster
    - other minor changes

P.S. If anything doesnt work please give me a shout!

• Advertisement

Picked up the Philips cleaning solution someone posted yesterday. Did a great job on my screens . Dried super fast and no streaks or residue what so ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

maxiiim wrote: »
    Hi All,

Week of updates :) Same as witnessmenow as I was working on scanner - hopefully you will find it useful!
    - Scanner is moving to pricescanner.ie
    - It is by category now
    - Price charts
    - Lowest price sticker
    - https and faster
    - other minor changes

P.S. If anything doesnt work please give me a shout!

Great work, well I have started my Christmas shopping now thanks guys! Always appreciate the work you do.

Only complaint is Argos discount stuff not in stock or error in stock! Nothing to do with your hard work, just look at today's reductions!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Getting a lot of heat on HUKD is Philips Screen Cleaning Solution for €3.

Bought the philips screen cleaner today.

Has Any Poster used this product yet ???

Or can any poster suggest a 'proven' cleaner for LED / LCD Screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Getting a lot of heat on HUKD is Philips Screen Cleaning Solution for €3.

99p in the Uk, €2.99 here....

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Getting a lot of heat on HUKD is Philips Screen Cleaning for €3.
    Took me a while to 'decode' HUKD - Link Below.

Seems to be a fair few messers contributing to the review on HUKD.

I bought the GREEN Philips tv cleaner 2day.

HAS ANY POSTERS HERE USED THE PHILIPS GREEN CLEANER, ON AN LED TV SCREEN ????

A cloth dampened with water was used on my tv screen last year - I don't know if the tv was switched on or off when wiped.
    - The Screen was destroyed - Could see water streaks on the screen when tv was switched off. Looked dreadful - Hence my hesitation in using this product.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/philips-cleaning-fluid-for-led-lcd-plasma-200ml-was-3-99-now-99p-argos-2459066?page=8#comments

Bought the philips screen cleaner today.

Has Any Poster used this product yet ???

Or can any poster suggest a 'proven' cleaner for LED / LCD Screens.

I posted earlier to say I have, used it on 2 screens. PC monitors. So you can imagine they would be a little more prone to getting stuff on from coughs etc as you are sat on top of them. Tested it on the older of the pair 1st which id already used water on a while back and was streaked, philips stuff did an A1 job on cleaning it. Seeing the result I cleaned the 6 month old one which I obviously cared more about and came up very nicely, no streaks or residue at all.

They key regardless of what you use is to always always always sparingly spray the cloth and not the screen and make sure they are off and cooled.down.

Edit: the bottle was much bigger than I expected , I'll have clean screen for a few years to come from the looks of it :D

I use the spectacles wipes from aldi/lidl on all my screen, laptops, phones, even camera lenses.. never had an issue and been doing it for 5 years..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

sunny2004 wrote: »
    I use the spectacles wipes from aldi/lidl on all my screen, laptops, phones, even camera lenses.. never had an issue and been doing it for 5 years..

I've seen packets of those wipes specifically state that they're not to be used on TV screens (not ones from aldi/lidl though)

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    I've seen packets of those wipes specifically state that they're not to be used on TV screens (not ones from aldi/lidl though)

As I stated I have used them for 5yrs without any issue..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Yea, same. Great wipes/price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

With regards the mattresses on sale.

Are they worth the risk of not trying out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

With regards the mattresses on sale.

Are they worth the risk of not trying out?

I ended up buying one and got a nice surprise

Less than half price at 460 then add the code FURN20 for another 20%.

I phoned it in and the lady said she could not add delivery for Ireland and gave me free delivery. saving 18 euro.

Well pleased. got this for 360 reduced from 1151.99

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4447906/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+and+furniture%7C14417894/c_2/3%7C19536165%7CMattresses%7C14418237/c_3/4%7Ccat_14418237%7CKingsize+mattresses%7C14418240.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Hoolies

De'Longhi ECC220.B Motivo Espresso Cappuccino Maker - Black €95
    De'Longhi ECC220.R Motivo Espresso Cappuccino Maker - Red €84
    (cant post links)

Specs on the red are sparse, but looks to be the same machine. Decent reviews on line. Has anyone used these?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rahern

don't know if this would be honoured but xbox live 50 euro gift card is showing at 25 euro on site and available at some stores.the 25 euro gift card is showing at price of 50euro so its a mix up but might be worth a try for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Damien360

rahern wrote: »
    don't know if this would be honoured but xbox live 50 euro gift card is showing at 25 euro on site and available at some stores.the 25 euro gift card is showing at price of 50euro so its a mix up but might be worth a try for someone.

I bought one today but they cannot be activated. Loads of boardsies all over the country are the same. On the Xbox bargain thread over on Xbox forum. Don't buy. Rang Argos and they said they were aware of problems but of course didn't tell anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Anybody here reserve an item that wasn't in stock when you got to the store? I reserved battlefield 4 when it was €2 last week and when I went to collect it I was told it might be on the next delivery to the store. I went in the next day and checked the self service machine and still nothing.

If you give them your mobile number when reserving, will they text you when it's actually in the store?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

Can you use any online discount at the moment? I'm looking to buy a bbq which only has home delivery. When I use the code home20 or furn20 it doesn't apply. If I go in store will they apply it ? (Or is it out of date?)

Could I please ask if you are returning something does it have to go back to the same store you got it in? Or can you go to an Argos at a different location? Ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Could I please ask if you are returning something does it have to go back to the same store you got it in? Or can you go to an Argos at a different location? Ta!

You can bring back to other stores, or at least you could a couple of years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone know if that George foreman 5 portion grill for 23 euro is any good?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement