Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

Could I please ask if you are returning something does it have to go back to the same store you got it in? Or can you go to an Argos at a different location? Ta!
    nava wrote: »
    You can bring back to other stores, or at least you could a couple of years ago.

You still can!

You're contract is with Argos Ireland, not Argos Tallaght etc.

This exists even though it says the specific store on the receipt!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Anybody here reserve an item that wasn't in stock when you got to the store? I reserved battlefield 4 when it was €2 last week and when I went to collect it I was told it might be on the next delivery to the store. I went in the next day and checked the self service machine and still nothing.

If you give them your mobile number when reserving, will they text you when it's actually in the store?

Happened to me once, I traveled by two buses to a store to collect a reserved item only to be told it wasn't in stock. They said it can often happen that a item can't be located or is on the stock system incorrectly. There was no option to order the item in, I had to just leave empty handed and put up with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Why do argos keep changing their prices,I wanted to buy SA kids bed that was 360 last wk,now it's 465 at least until September as it says under the description,it also says this bed has previously been for sale at 285, I mean come on what's the story,and this happens with the majority of their products,prices changing constantly

• Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Why do argos keep changing their prices,I wanted to buy SA kids bed that was 360 last wk,now it's 465 at least until September as it says under the description,it also says this bed has previously been for sale at 285, I mean come on what's the story,and this happens with the majority of their products,prices changing constantly
    Have you ever shopped before? Prices go up and down.. it happens everywhere, not just Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

At least Argos tell you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Their 3 for 2 on toys is a load of rubbish. Two toys I only bought recently were way up in price. One of them is (can't remember exactly as I type) about 40 euro dearer than I paid a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Trying to get a Nexus 5x. Out of stock in every Argos.
    Are they likely to come back into stock or they just had a load of them to shift?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

iggy wrote: »
    Trying to get a Nexus 5x. Out of stock in every Argos.
    Are they likely to come back into stock or they just had a load of them to shift?

lg 16g? Ashbourne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

paska wrote: »
    lg 16g? Ashbourne

Yea 16gb.None in stock. Was there one available earlier.?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

iggy wrote: »
    Yea 16gb.None in stock. Was there one available earlier.?

Yes i reserved it for you. Do you want the code?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

Are there any codes for using instore at the moment that can get a discount on a bbq?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

heldel00 wrote: »
    Their 3 for 2 on toys is a load of rubbish. Two toys I only bought recently were way up in price. One of them is (can't remember exactly as I type) about 40 euro dearer than I paid a few months ago.

Totally agree. One toy I was looking at was double in price than two months ago. I find any place that offers 3 for 2 usually charge more for each item than else where.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just seen an ad on TV3
    from 27th July to 2nd August

Spend €100 and get a €20 voucher

It doesn't seem to be up on website at the moment, but should go up after midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭GatsbyGal

CH3OH wrote: »
    Just seen an ad on TV3
    from 27th July to 2nd August

Spend €100 and get a €20 voucher

It doesn't seem to be up on website at the moment, but should go up after midnight

Ah no, I just spent almost €400 there last week. Would there be anyway they would allow me retroactively receive this deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

GatsbyGal wrote: »
    Ah no, I just spent almost €400 there last week. Would there be anyway they would allow me retroactively receive this deal?
    Return item, buy again? That's your only option I'd imagine..

.. so best start taking apart that table and chairs to put back into the box! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭CH3OH

GatsbyGal wrote: »
    Basq wrote: »
    Return item, buy again? That's your only option I'd imagine..

.. so best start taking apart that table and chairs to put back into the box! :D

IF the items are returnable under Argos return policy and the price hasn't increased!-
    Buy item again and then return them using your older receipt

• Registered Users Posts: 14,918 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

so here it says Spend 100 get a 20 Euro voucher, but in the T&Cs it says spend 100, get 10 and spend 50, get 5 - which is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,081 ✭✭✭✭muffler

loyatemu wrote: »
    so here it says Spend 100 get a 20 Euro voucher, but in the T&Cs it says spend 100, get 10 and spend 50, get 5 - which is it?
    Its possibly the part where it says the €20 voucher has to be spent no later than 2nd August while a €10 can be spent up to 23rd August.

Perhaps you are given a choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

loyatemu wrote: »

I got an e-mail that says spend €100 get €20.

Also in that e-mail:
    Save 20% when you spend €150 or more on indoor furniture..(Code=FURN20)
    &
    Save 15% when you spend €25 or more on homewares....(Code=HWARES15)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,945 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I recently bought a tablet in Argos. For some reason it doesn't charge sometimes, then at other times it charges ridiculously slow, then at other times it charges normally. Random results on varying chargers, with no direct link between them. If I bring this back to Argos are they likely to replace it or try send it back to the manufacturer (Acer)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Quazzie wrote: »
    I recently bought a tablet in Argos. For some reason it doesn't charge sometimes, then at other times it charges ridiculously slow, then at other times it charges normally. Random results on varying chargers, with no direct link between them. If I bring this back to Argos are they likely to replace it or try send it back to the manufacturer (Acer)?

I have found Argos the best for faulty returns and no hassle whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

Quazzie wrote: »

Are you using the same cable and plug, if so, Argos. If you are using different plugs or cables these can have an effect on charging time, as plugs for electrical use thingys have different a peerages and some cables are shiiiiite and should be dumped

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 28,945 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

rameire wrote: »
    Are you using the same cable and plug, if so, Argos. If you are using different plugs or cables these can have an effect on charging time, as plugs for electrical use thingys have different a peerages and some cables are shiiiiite and should be dumped
    It happened on the charger supplied with it, but I've also tested it using others to eliminate that factor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Bring it back to Argos with any packaging if you still have it and tell them that it is not charging properly, explain that sometimes it works fine but mostly it takes far longer than stated in the instructions to fully charge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,278 ✭✭✭✭Esel

rameire wrote: »

Bob took a peerage - he still doesn't like the first day of the week... 'tis a hard, hard life.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 22,278 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Esel wrote: »
    Bob took a peerage - he still doesn't like the first day of the week... 'tis a hard, hard life.

Yeah, soz - meant to namecheck Bound For Glory.

This Machine Kills Fascists - kind of thing.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I see Argos UK only give £10 back for £100 purchase, so the €20 we get for €100 purchase is great

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭EnmxLP

I thought this would be a suitable sub to post this on.
    The DJI phantom 3 standard has the description of the DJI Phanthom 3 advanced, and vice versa.

The considerable differences are the advanced does 4k video and the standard 2.7k. Is there any sort of trick or anything i can do with this situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

EnmxLP wrote: »
    I thought this would be a suitable sub to post this on.
    The DJI phantom 3 standard has the description of the DJI Phanthom 3 advanced, and vice versa.

The considerable differences are the advanced does 4k video and the standard 2.7k. Is there any sort of trick or anything i can do with this situation?

Is this guy serious lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Damn you all and these Argos threads! I'm now the owner of a Dyson V6, a Nexus 5X, a new George Foreman and a Philips power bank thing, none of which I had been planning on buying other than researching Android phones!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement