Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

g0g wrote: »
    Damn you all and these Argos threads! I'm now the owner of a Dyson V6, a Nexus 5X, a new George Foreman and a Philips power bank thing, none of which I had been planning on buying other than researching Android phones!!

But just think of all the money you've saved

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Sneaky duckers have upped the price of loads of stuff again Witcher 3 is up to €39.99 lucky I have my screen grab with Fridays reservation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Does anyone know how long the 20% off furniture with the code furn20 is on for

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

But just think of all the money you've saved

No money left for the Android phone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

g0g wrote: »
    Damn you all and these Argos threads! I'm now the owner of a Dyson V6, a Nexus 5X, a new George Foreman and a Philips power bank thing, none of which I had been planning on buying other than researching Android phones!!

dingding wrote: »
    No money left for the Android phone though.

havent you a nice 5x android phone now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,886 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Spipov wrote: »
    havent you a nice 5x android phone now?

Check the usernames ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,945 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Quazzie wrote: »
    I recently bought a tablet in Argos. For some reason it doesn't charge sometimes, then at other times it charges ridiculously slow, then at other times it charges normally. Random results on varying chargers, with no direct link between them. If I bring this back to Argos are they likely to replace it or try send it back to the manufacturer (Acer)?
    I have found Argos the best for faulty returns and no hassle whatsoever.
    rameire wrote: »
    Are you using the same cable and plug, if so, Argos. If you are using different plugs or cables these can have an effect on charging time, as plugs for electrical use thingys have different a peerages and some cables are shiiiiite and should be dumped
    Just to follow up on this. I brought it back, and they didn't have any replacements because it's last year's model, but they did have the newer model in stock. The new model costs €50 more because the older one was on sale when i got it, but they gave it to me with a €20 voucher as an apology. Realistically they probably issued a credit note for the original amount, then used that with the €50 I gave them and put it through as a new sale, thus qualifying me for the €20 voucher as it was over €100. No matter how they done it, I don't mind. It was quick and easy and they were great to deal with. i was worried I was going to have a son with no tablet for his last three weeks of holidays due to it being sent off for repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Orchid

Hi guys, I do not know if it appropriate to post so no problems for admin to delete it. I am looking for a favour. I really like the Winchester Low Hallway Unit Soft White - Oak Effect. 414/9431
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4149431/Trail/searchtext%3EHALL+UNIT.htm

However it is out of stock in Cork. I was wondering if anyone in any of the below areas can collect it for me today or tomorrow if they are calling to the shop anyway. I can Paypal the money or get you a voucher for a shop you use and I will arrange for a courier to collect it from you. So here are the shops I found it in:
    - Omni Park (Dublin)
    - Ilac Centre (Dublin)
    - Swords
    - St. Stephens Green (Dublin)
    - Killarney
    - Dun Laoghaire
    - Clonmel
    - Tralee

Or if anyone knows a company that does this kind of service please share and I will check with them. I know I will end up spending the full price (and hopefully not more) but I really like it. So if it works will be great, if it doesn't I will have to wait for it to get back in stock I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ando88

I purchased a bike 100.00 in Argos (received gift card 20) I returned it to fit a refund and was told I needed the gift card or they will deduct it from the 100.00. just wondering if that's correct procedure? The manager said I didn't have to sign anything and just handed me the 80.00

ando88 wrote: »
    I purchased a bike 100.00 in Argos (received gift card 20) I returned it to fit a refund and was told I needed the gift card or they will deduct it from the 100.00. just wondering if that's correct procedure? The manager said I didn't have to sign anything and just handed me the 80.00

It's in the terms and conditions here https://www.argos.ie/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/ReturnsAndRefunds.htm
    If your product(s) have qualified for a free Argos voucher/Argos giftcard and you return them under our 30 day money back guarantee, the free Argos voucher/Argos gift card must be returned. If the qualifying products aren't returned then the Argos voucher/Argos Giftcard amount will be deducted from the money refunded.

Our 30 day money back guarantee does not affect your consumer rights, in particular any right you have to return the goods under the European Union (Consumer Information, Cancellation and Other Rights) Regulations 2013.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Orchid wrote: »
    Hi guys, I do not know if it appropriate to post so no problems for admin to delete it. I am looking for a favour. I really like the Winchester Low Hallway Unit Soft White - Oak Effect. 414/9431
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4149431/Trail/searchtext%3EHALL+UNIT.htm

However it is out of stock in Cork. I was wondering if anyone in any of the below areas can collect it for me today or tomorrow if they are calling to the shop anyway. I can Paypal the money or get you a voucher for a shop you use and I will arrange for a courier to collect it from you. So here are the shops I found it in:

- Clonmel

Not available in Clonmel any more I'm afraid. I hope someone can help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Do argos take away your old bed and mattress if you get a new one from them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

On the Scanner today the 2015 One Direction Calender is €1.99. Any takers?

I'm alright for loo roll at the moment thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Masala

Hi... Am looking at buying a coffee machine at €89.99. Does this attract a €10 voucher???

Can't find link to voucher notice... Any one able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Masala wrote: »
    Hi... Am looking at buying a coffee machine at €89.99. Does this attract a €10 voucher???

Can't find link to voucher notice... Any one able to help

The voucher promotion finished last Monday iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 28,072 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

tharmor wrote: »
    Cracking 500gb xbox one deal for 249....free xtra controller two games and €30 vouchers.

Don't see that on the site. All I see is the Quntam Break Console with an extra controller and €20 voucher for €249.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

emmetkenny wrote:
    Don't see that on the site. All I see is the Quntam Break Console with an extra controller and €20 voucher for €249.

Thats the one....it has two games...alan wake and quantum break..extra white controller is latest xbox one S model....u get additional €10 for spend of 100....ask them firmly to get extra 10...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,072 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thats the one....it has two games...alan wake and quantum break..extra white controller is latest xbox one S model....u get additional €10 for spend of 100....ask them firmly to get extra 10...

Ah now I get you. Was wondering where the second game was com from.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Mr E wrote: »
    Full "band in a box" version of Rock Band 4 for PS4 and XB One for €59.99.

https://m.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?searchTerms=Rock%2520band

Game, drum kit, microphone and guitar.

Game with guitar is only €30 too.

Out of stock everywhere ive checked anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Tinie wrote: »
    Out of stock everywhere ive checked anyway.

Was going to post this yesterday myself but i checked everywere myself yesterday and no drum kit anywere,reason i didnt bother to post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

ptyloch wrote: »
    Misprint in the Argos leaflet with yesterday's Indo - Canon 1300d for 249.99.

Normal price is 489.99 but 2 of my friends were able to buy them at the price advertised in the leaflet.

Is there an online copy of the leaflet, presumably you'd need a copy of the leaflet to have any chance of getting the camera at this price?

BigCon wrote: »
    Is there an online copy of the leaflet, presumably you'd need a copy of the leaflet to have any chance of getting the camera at this price?

Yeah, anyone got a scan or picture of the leaflet please.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

12211ro.jpg

Tinie wrote:
    Yeah, anyone got a scan or picture of the leaflet please.

Highly unlikely of being honoured...

The poster said two of his friends got it honored.

There's no harm in trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Invincible

Showing as €489 on the site.

12211ro.jpg

Any screenshots with the date on the paper it's in as they won't price match without a date of the paper with it

Tinie wrote:
    Any screenshots with the date on the paper it's in as they won't price match without a date of the paper with it

They checked website three times in store for €10 voucher...all the best with €240....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

2e3a82b.jpg

This is the leaflet that I picked up in Argos on Fri morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement