Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

So it seems the best chance of getting the camera from 249 is by bringing in the physical leaflet into Argos? I imagine if it is a price error these leaflets would have been removed from stores and can only be gotten if you bought yesterday's Indo. Correct?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

No issue getting the camera at the price in leaflet today. Also got ten euro voucher and free big canon SLR bag too. Good bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Tinie wrote: »
    No issue getting the camera at the price in leaflet today. Also got ten euro voucher and free big canon SLR bag too. Good bargain

Did you have to bring the copy with you to show them the price drop or is it an actual discount and not a mistake as per what some may think?

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Did you have to bring the copy with you to show them the price drop or is it an actual discount and not a mistake as per what some may think?

Just took one of the leaflets on the shelf to the counter and showed them. I assume the leaflets are still out in the shelves

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Moyglish

I have the camera reserved in my local store for pick up today. Unfortunately the free Canon bag that's on offer with this is out of stock in my local store - and most other stores I checked too!

Any chance they'll be getting them in stock again and if so if they'll honour giving it free as part of buying the camera deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭ablelocks

staying out of the bargain thread in fear of the chat police...

got this camera for 249.99 today, the camera bag wasn't in stock but it might come back in the next week to 10 days according to sales assistant.

the catalog number for the free bag is 102 4463

no issue getting it - the leaflets with the "sale" price are in-store - Limerick Crescent didn 't have stock but would have ordered it in for me at the sale price, but Childers Road had 1 left. 1 thing to note, it is "exempt from the normal 30 day guarantee" - whatever that means....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Kat1170

I am pretty sure all cameras are exempt from that. Stops you buying a camera, taking it on holidays/wedding/big event and then returning it afterwards and getting your money back.

Kat1170 wrote: »
    I am pretty sure all cameras are exempt from that. Stops you buying a camera, taking it on holidays/wedding/big event and then returning it afterwards and getting your money back.

I assume you can take it back if you don't open the box however.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Went in to collect the camera and was refused the price printed in the in store leaflet. Manager said head office wouldn't let her. I'd say she just didn't want to take the heat if she was pulled on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,072 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just collected my camera and bag there now. No problem at all getting it at €249, the girl at the till just had to double check with the manager.

Great spot OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Just collected my camera and bag there now. No problem at all getting it at €249, the girl at the till just had to double check with the manager.

Great spot OP.

Hi all,
    How much is that camera actually worth!??

Cheers,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi all,
    How much is that camera actually worth!??

Cheers,
    M

It looks like its £299 on Amazon.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It looks like its £299 on Amazon.

Thanks ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Tinie wrote: »
    I assume you can take it back if you don't open the box however.

I wouldn't think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

I got one of the cameras, but so did my Dad, after asking him to get it yesterday at the price, he was refused, and I told him id get it myself later, but he went off and got it this morning after trying again and forgot to tell me, until I had got one myself...ugh. And he only realised it was exempt from the 30 day return, the staff member that sold it never said it to him at the counter which hes pretty annoyed about.

So ill sell it here at what I paid, €250, if anyone is interested, I can ship it if you pay the cost of that or meet in Waterford/Kilkenny at a time that suits. Its not used or anything. Reply to this or pm me if interested, please dont time waste and only if your genuinely interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I had no problem picking one up at the price once I showed the catalogue price. No bags in stock. I've mailed argos directly to ask if you can claim this later once its in stock. I also got the €10 voucher.

I think that camera had a kit lense worth another bit or so with it but I'm no expert. I spotted it elsewhere with a deal price as well so they must be trying to shift them on. Seems like a a decent bargain at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I'll buy it cyberwaste. If you've got sold it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

RossieMan wrote: »
    I'll buy it cyberwaste. If you've got sold it.

Hey, saw you couldnt PM me, I deleted many messages now, a guy PM med a while ago about it, so ill see if he gets back to me soon and wants it still, otherwise your next, hopefully thats fair!

No problem, I've no issue with payment, I just couldn't get one here in mayo at all. Sickened. Want it for a present. Did you manage to nag one of the bags too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

CyberWaste wrote: »
    I got one of the cameras, but so did my Dad, after asking him to get it yesterday at the price, he was refused, and I told him id get it myself later, but he went off and got it this morning after trying again and forgot to tell me, until I had got one myself...ugh. And he only realised it was exempt from the 30 day return, the staff member that sold it never said it to him at the counter which hes pretty annoyed about.

So ill sell it here at what I paid, €250, if anyone is interested, I can ship it if you pay the cost of that or meet in Waterford/Kilkenny at a time that suits. Its not used or anything. Reply to this or pm me if interested, please dont time waste and only if your genuinely interested.

Can I be next in line if the other decide not to take it. Based in Waterford where there was none in stock. Cheers

• Advertisement

south wrote: »
    Can I be next in line if the other decide not to take it. Based in Waterford where there was none in stock. Cheers

There's one in stock in Carlow and Kilkenny if that's any good to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭dan786

Hi folks,

I ordered one for collection due to arrive in store tomorrow in Tallaght as there were none left in store but I checked again earlier and there was 1 in stock so reserved that. So now I have 2 reserved. If anyone wants one let me know.

ptyloch wrote: »
    Misprint in the Argos leaflet with yesterday's Indo - Canon 1300d for 249.99.

Normal price is 489.99 but 2 of my friends were able to buy them at the price advertised in the leaflet.

Do you know the catalogue number for this?

Thanks,
    M

It's showing at 489 on the website. It'll literally take you 2 seconds to find it.

RossieMan wrote: »
    It's showing at 489 on the website. It'll literally take you 2 seconds to find it.

OK mate. As cameras go, how good is that one? Just so tempted to get it....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It's an entry level DSLR really. It has an image sensor that Canon used in the 60D from 6 years ago. Not that that is any reason to avoid it really. Although it is quite a compact DSLR, it is still relatively large when compared to a compact camera. Worth bearing in mind as I know plenty who rarely shoot with them as they never want to carry them around. It would be a good relatively cheap option to get into photography.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

if you can get it for €249 then yes. Assuming you know what it is you are buying. otherwise no.

Thanks guys ;-) If I can get it for the €249 I'll go for it.....otherwise no!

Went to the store this morning and was told they had been contacted by head office saying not to honor the deal. I guess the quantity sold yesterday triggered a flag.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys ;-) If I can get it for the €249 I'll go for it.....otherwise no!

They are not honoring it as they contacted by head office this morning. Quantity sold yesterday must have triggered a flag

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement