Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Try another store I was told the same yesterday in Stephens green went to Dundrum after and got it no problem.
    dan786 wrote: »
    Went to the store this morning and was told they had been contacted by head office saying not to honor the deal. I guess the quantity sold yesterday triggered a flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

vicwatson wrote: »
    Now down to €1.99 200mls

What are peoples views on this, using it on a 2k tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

spongbob wrote: »

Not sure about that product but you can't go wrong with distilled water for cleaning screens. Easy to make too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

spongbob wrote: »

Just as good as "monster" that be 10 times the price probably, it comes with a streak free and anti static cloth

Contents/ingredients - water, 2-butoxyethanol, anti-static, anti-septic, fragrance

Says its fine for led, plasma, pc, monitor and is safe for 3D tv

• Registered Users Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭dan786

Update on the cameras: The leaflet with misprice is no longer valid, as it was valid from 24th Aug-30th Aug so even if you have that they wont honor it.

As my local store refused to honor the deal yesterday I am still on the lookout so if anyone that got one and now doeest know what to do with it give me a shout.

• Advertisement

Update on the cameras: The leaflet with misprice is no longer valid, as it was valid from 24th Aug-30th Aug so even if you have that they wont honor it.

As my local store refused to honor the deal yesterday I am still on the lookout so if anyone that got one and now doeest know what to do with it give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭shalom

south wrote: »
    Can I be next in line if the other decide not to take it. Based in Waterford where there was none in stock. Cheers

Do you know if the camera was sold ?

Guys over at HUKD going a bit mental over this on Argos UK:

Xbox One S 1TB with Battlefield 1 for £250

I believe you can order it with something like Parcel Motel? Good deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Guys over at HUKD going a bit mental over this on Argos UK:

Xbox One S 1TB with Battlefield 1 for £250

I believe you can order it with something like Parcel Motel? Good deal?

if it is the 1TB version, then it's 50 pounds cheaper than microsoft.

However, the colour suggests and the description says it is the 500gb - on the MS site, the 1TB battlefield edition is military green. To me, it looks like the title is wrong so the likelihood is that if you buy it, it'll be the 500gb white console that will be shipped.

Actually on the HUKD the last time I looked someone had rang Argos and confirmed it was the new model:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/pricing-description-error-xbox-one-s-1tb-battlefield-1-249-99-argos-orders-have-2513427

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭dee1983

ablelocks wrote: »
    if it is the 1TB version, then it's 50 pounds cheaper than microsoft.

However, the colour suggests and the description says it is the 500gb - on the MS site, the 1TB battlefield edition is military green. To me, it looks like the title is wrong so the likelihood is that if you buy it, it'll be the 500gb white console that will be shipped.

I've just ordered this. The title and description seem to be at odds with one another. The title says 1tb and the description says 500gb but lower down in the description it again says 1tb.

The price seems to line up correctly though : the 1tb Fifa console is priced at £319.99 and this model 1tb with Battlefield is priced at £249.99 with a saving of £70.

Does anyone know if Argos have to honor this or would it just be put down to error?

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

I ordered this last week, Argos took the money from my account last Tuesday but just had a call from them to say that's it's not a 1TB console it's a 500gb console and they asked if I wanted to cancel.

Has anyone had this deal honoured?

Should argos honour it when they accepted the money?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I ordered this last week, Argos took the money from my account last Tuesday but just had a call from them to say that's it's not a 1TB console it's a 500gb console and they asked if I wanted to cancel.

Has anyone had this deal honoured?

Should argos honour it when they accepted the money?

As far as I know, once the money is taken they have to give it to you at that price. They have the right to refuse to sell it to you at that price if they notice the mistake before taking your money but once they take your money there is a contact in place. Seeing as they still have the xbox in store I'm not sure what you can actually do about it though. They can just process the refund and tell you to get stuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

If you buy something from Argos UK via Parcel Motel, how would returns work? Could you return an item to a store here?

As far as I know, once the money is taken they have to give it to you at that price. They have the right to refuse to sell it to you at that price if they notice the mistake before taking your money but once they take your money there is a contact in place. Seeing as they still have the xbox in store I'm not sure what you can actually do about it though. They can just process the refund and tell you to get stuffed.

That is not correct. They do not have to honor the price at all. Most companies have automatic payment system so funds would have been taken automatically.
    Even a order confirmation does not mean they have to honor it. Most retailers have terms on their site and the "acceptance of order" does not happen either until the goods have been dispatched or until the point of delivery. The retailer reserves the right to cancel an order.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Not true, ive heard of cases of Amazon doing delivery recalls from the couriers for big misprices that slipped through.
    Its only yours to keep legally when its in your possession or on your property.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭masterboy123

We found this good deal in Argos but it's out of stock in all other argos centres.

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4442028/Trail/searchtext>Blow+dry.html

Any idea where i could get one at this rate? Amazon is too expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭ablelocks

exercise bike - €131 - is something like this worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Long shot question;

Anyone know if I can use an argos gift voucher without having the physical gift card in store with me? I?m guessing no.

My friend has asked me to pick up an item that isnt in any store local to them. If I went in with the gift card numbers of photos of all the numbers on the card on my phone would they accept that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

shineon23 wrote: »
    Long shot question;

Anyone know if I can use an argos gift voucher without having the physical gift card in store with me? I?m guessing no.

My friend has asked me to pick up an item that isnt in any store local to them. If I went in with the gift card numbers of photos of all the numbers on the card on my phone would they accept that.

Not sure how they validate the cards but if it's a barcode scanner then a photo would probably do, as the card would then be marked as redeemed even if your friend went in later with it. There must be some type of verification but it could be a scratch code so you'd need to find out first. They could be awkward though and say they need the physical card as some places will take gift cards back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

shineon23 wrote: »
    Long shot question;

According to this they can be used online as long as they have a pin. I'm guessing that they might let you use it instore as long as you have the pin. https://www.argos.co.uk/help/gift-cards/

Agh, just see that is Argos UK. The Irish site says:
    Gift vouchers or Gift Cards cannot be redeemed online at present but if you reserve for store pick up, you can use them to pay when collecting your item(s) in-store.
    ... which still doesn't answer your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

I bought a Fitbit Charge Hr 10 months ago from Argos. The plastic skin if bubbling and starting to peel off. I have the receipt, etc but don't have the box, should I be able to get replacement without any box? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,261 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Login to your Fitbit account and log a ticket. They'll replace it. They may ask for a photo.
    I got rid of mine, bands are rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I bought a Fitbit Charge Hr 10 months ago from Argos. The plastic skin if bubbling and starting to peel off. I have the receipt, etc but don't have the box, should I be able to get replacement without any box? Thanks.

I had a Charge and had issue with the strap as well. Got onto Fitbit about it and they sent me an Alta as a replacement (as they had stopped making the Charge) without any fuss. Strap on the Alta is much, much better

Have a code for the Elite bundle for 249.99 with The Division for extra 15 for Nutgrove if anyone wants it as I got one closer to where I live.

The Elite controller goes for 150 new so if your not going to use that you could get 120-130 on Adverts and buy a normal controller for 30-40 on Adverts. New 1tb console would work out at 170ish

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

BDJW wrote: »
    I had a Charge and had issue with the strap as well. Got onto Fitbit about it and they sent me an Alta as a replacement (as they had stopped making the Charge) without any fuss. Strap on the Alta is much, much better

Got a replacement in Argos. No hassles.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,072 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Does anyone have a number for Argos Customer Service?

I've a reservation expiring today that I need to extend but the two numbers I've tried on the website get me through to the UK Customer Service who said that they can't help from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Best is to call the store directly, but for some stores do not answer the phone, you should find the number in google.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Does anyone have a number for Argos Customer Service?

I've a reservation expiring today that I need to extend but the two numbers I've tried on the website get me through to the UK Customer Service who said that they can't help from there.

That's the way I've always done it, Uk put me through to local stores. Insist on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Reserve the same item again to get date extended

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement