Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭OCEANIC FIZZY POP NINE

Hi - hopefully some1 can assist re SandDisks as I know nothing about them except they're used for storage on phones.

I am required to leave my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone in for repair (its a 16gb phone) & have been advised to store my ph content on a SDisk.

Amazon are offering the follow:-
    1) SD ULTRA Android 64gb mocro sfxc ckass 10 memory & sd adapter £14.99

2) 128 version of No. 1 above @ £24.99

3) SD EXTREME 64GB Micro SDXC CLASS 10

Can some1 please advise what they consider is the best option for me.

Thank You.
    What content do you want to keep?

For pictures - You could just connect your phone to you computer and drag drop everything over, or upload to Dropbox/some other online storage.

If you want to keep all your txts - Use this.

If they end up wiping everything off your phone, all the apps are linked to your email so they'll all reinstall themselves when you add the email back to the phone when you get it - just make sure you've this turned on in settings-->back up and restore or whatever it's called.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/how-to/backup-android-phone-for-free/

Theres a couple of all in one apps^^ down the bottom, may have to buy them or root your phone. I never used them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

garbeth wrote: »
    Just saw this on HUKD

Chromecast reduced to £20 on Argos.co.uk

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4475662?tag=ar:chromecast:buynowbottom

Wonder will we get a similar drop here. Must be due to the new 4k chromcast thats just out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Gods damn pink Hatchimals is up to order since last night the dreaded out of stock San reservation number message since 2am from every store I've tried in and out of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

I can't say I have tried it before myself. tbh, as someone else said I bought them as small gifts and stocking fillers.

Between Water Melon & Frozen Pear fragrance - it sounds a bit 'fruity' - Don't want to go around smelling like a bag of fruit.
    Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Damien360

Gods damn pink Hatchimals is up to order since last night the dreaded out of stock San reservation number message since 2am from every store I've tried in and out of Dublin.

Not a hope in hell of getting one. Smyths in Naas said it would be after Christmas. Amazon have them but have added a premium to the prices and if you try to buy, they are not available.

• Advertisement

Just viewed Argos Black Fri catalogue - Nothing much in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭OCEANIC FIZZY POP NINE

Just viewed Argos Black Fri catalogue - Nothing much in it.

PlayStation?

PlayStation?

Just checked the brochure - no playstation in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Just checked the brochure - no playstation in it.

Look.for PS4....still, nothing to shout about

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

Is there an x box one in it???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,072 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭900913

Hi - hopefully some1 can assist re SandDisks as I know nothing about them except they're used for storage on phones.

I am required to leave my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone in for repair (its a 16gb phone) & have been advised to store my ph content on a SDisk.

Amazon are offering the follow:-
    1) SD ULTRA Android 64gb mocro sfxc ckass 10 memory & sd adapter £14.99

2) 128 version of No. 1 above @ £24.99

3) SD EXTREME 64GB Micro SDXC CLASS 10

Can some1 please advise what they consider is the best option for me.

Thank You.

First you'll need to check what is the maximum size micro SD card that you phone can use.
    There is no point in buying a 64GB if you phone can only handle 32GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Just wondering, does Argos often do 25% off furniture or is it only once a year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Doge

Just looking at that AMD Acer Aspire ES laptop going on sale on Friday.

The cpu has an extremely poor benchmark compared to the deals in the UK near the same price.

It only scores half the amount of the likes of the Intel N3700 which are in the same class.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+E1-7010+APU&id=2820

I think ill be gunning for the Dell on sale on Friday.

Is the Dell on sale in Argos or Dell.
    Please send Link.
    Cheers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Doge wrote: »
    Just looking at that AMD Acer Aspire ES laptop going on sale on Friday.

The cpu has an extremely poor benchmark compared to the deals in the UK near the same price.

It only scores half the amount of the likes of the Intel N3700 which are in the same class.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+E1-7010+APU&id=2820

I think ill be gunning for the Dell on sale on Friday.

Got one to fill an emergency during the summer- it regularly shuttered to a halt- performance was appalling. After the emergency was over (a few weeks later)- I donated it to Camara.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Also on lookout for new laptop,
    Thanks for that as was gonna pull trigger on that acer. Could you post the dell one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's in BA. Not active until Thursday night at 12. No one is sure of stock, so don't bank on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Probably going to be €100 off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

It's mostly likely a placeholder for the new Touchbar MacBook Pro. They've only started arrived for using in Europe the past day or so. Argos most likely haven't even got stock yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Kat1170

DubDJ wrote: »
    It's mostly likely a placeholder for the new Touchbar MacBook Pro. They've only started arrived for using in Europe the past day or so. Argos most likely haven't even got stock yet.

That certainly has never stopped them offering items for sale ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Have one of the Acer Aspire ES laptop for €219 reserved though it might be ideal for Leaving cert student and for first few years of college. Would really only be used for writing reports and presentaions watching dvd's or something like streaming tv and skype I suppose.
    as she is not into gaming etc
    At that price i was hoping it would be worth it.
    Now the doubts are starting to develop

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

So i "reserved a fire tablet" in the local argos. No stock showing up today and available eary next week. No reservation number in the email or item description from argos.
    Am I out of the loop or am I still good with the reservation ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Doge

This ASUS from amazon is better value @ £220, the processor has twice the power of the AMD one in the Acer, although dont expect great performance either.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01HMLAEYG/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1Y4T4XVM83L8C&coliid=I3DWDYOX8J0HZ7&psc=1

The processor has a max TDP of 6 watts meaning it is very efficent and will extend battery life , its about half the TDP of most i3 processors.

Edit: theres no access bay to upgrade the ram and hard drive easily in this model:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/752622/Asus-X453ma-Series.html?page=17#manual

Youd have to unscrew the whole back case, keyboard and top of the bottom case id imagine.

Yes it is a good tv.
    I just bought the 49" version today over the phone in Richersoubds in Belfast.
    £499 Stg - Works out at €578 & comes with a 6 Year Guarantee.

Just got 49" delivered from Richersounds today.
    Did u get a document confirming the 6yr guarantee & receipt ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Kat1170

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :D:D:D:D:D
    42678750.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭T-Bird

LOL it is taking the "chat" thread to another dimension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:
    made my night...cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement