Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Website taken down again...but it was running fine, like normal... weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

The argos website went haywire and reserved Fire Tablets in Portlaoise even though I selected Carlow. It reserved rthe units in the nearest store with stock instead so....

I have two individual fire Tablet 8GB (two reservation codes) in Portlaoise reserved. Both are black.

Anybody want them?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,776 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Lots of decent offers on lego if anyone is looking (games also discounted)

on legos site this is +30
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4989316/Trail/searchtext%3ELEGO+SUPERHERO.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

I have FIFA 17 on PS4 (£31.99), F1 2016 on PS4 (£28.99) and Samsung Tab A 2016 10.1 Black (£169.99) all reserved in Argos in Newry, Merchants Key if anyone is interested and wants the reservation code - to be collected by 6pm tomorrow

- I reserved them while the Irish site was down just incase I fell asleep but I stayed up and managed to reserve them in my local Argos shop down here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

There's still loads left I imagine but I have the 500gb PS4 with uncharted and fifa 17 reserved in Dundrum to be collected by the end of tomorrow if anyone wants it. Says on the website they're expecting more in next week at some stage so basically for anyone that wants it tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

kopite386 wrote: »
    Deals are better on UK website everything I've reserved down here ive reserved for Newry as well so in the morning I will add everything up & see what savings I make begure I pick anything upbut now that the site is finally live & ive reserved what I wanted I can finally go to bed

One year, i looked at bracelets in L'kenny & Derry, it was £100 cheaper in Derry, & shops don't call us patriotic, it goes both ways.
    The argos website went haywire and reserved Fire Tablets in Portlaoise even though I selected Carlow. It reserved rthe units in the nearest store with stock instead so....

I have two individual fire Tablet 8GB (two reservation codes) in Portlaoise reserved. Both are black.

Anybody want them?

Is that the same tablet from last year that was available for €50 down from €75, on sale today for €37?
    as i heard RadioRay on about getting them for his staff, as it was mentioned by Conor Pope.

Also did anyone get the cover for them for 1/2 price with it last year, as i noticed the UK site, as it's a much better cover & it bends, as teh one i got is like a book & you've got to take it out of the case if you're gonna take a pic with it :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

One year, i looked at bracelets in L'kenny & Derry, it was £100 cheaper in Derry, & shops don't call us patriotic, it goes both ways.

Is that the same tablet from last year that was available for €50 down from €75, on sale today for €37?
    as i heard RadioRay on about getting them for his staff, as it was mentioned by Conor Pope.

Also did anyone get the cover for them for 1/2 price with it last year, as i noticed the UK site, as it's a much better cover & it bends, as teh one i got is like a book & you've got to take it out of the case if you're gonna take a pic with it :(

What in the name of god are you talking about? Random and impossible to follow

What in the name of god are you talking about? Random and impossible to follow

There was nothing wrong, If you had quoted it correctly :rolleyes:

I was saying, stuff is definitely cheaper in the North than the South, did you not get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

Strange that i can not get monopoly Irish edition on argos.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Strange that i can not get monopoly Irish edition on argos.ie

One guy probably has them all reserved nationwide.

I'll get my coat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Yes he probably has a 'monopoly' on supply.

Sorry just couldn't resist

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I've fifa 17 for ps4 reserved for carlow until 6pm this evening. Won't be able to use it. It's for €39.99.

If anyone wants reservation code it can go to first reply.

Dec4 wrote: »
    Back on topics boys...
    Not a huge fan of Seagate but 2tb portable drive for €66.99 is a bargain. Can be ordered for collection everywhere. Its £90 on Amazon.
    The 1tb version is €96.99

It says it's €94.99 &

Additional Information

Current selling price valid until 20/01/2017

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Rallycrazygirl

Friend got a samsung 40 inch tv for €199 product number 528/1879 yesterday in argos. Wont let me create direct link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Friend got a samsung 40 inch tv for €199 product number 528/1879 yesterday in argos. Wont let me create direct link.

How? It's listed at €489

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Showing as €489 for me ,

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5281879.htm?_$ja=tsid%3A30390%7Cprd%3A7708057

I was with her she had her email with reservation details she reserved it for 199 and they honoured it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

well done. I just reserved it there and it came in at 489

Was a bargain. Store manager was sound and said he had to give it too her. They've had loads of mistakes all week he said. They had problems with Xbox one aswell he said one store had to sell it for 50 euro. And a washing machine for 130 euro. He said if you ever get a bargain like that go in first thing when store opens because the mistake won't have been spotted until stores are open a while and they'll honour it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Was a bargain. Store manager was sound and said he had to give it too her. They've had loads of mistakes all week he said. They had problems with Xbox one aswell he said one store had to sell it for 50 euro. And a washing machine for 130 euro. He said if you ever get a bargain like that go in first thing when store opens because the mistake won't have been spotted until stores are open a while and they'll honour it.

And! That's the way to do it....not post it on boards before it's collected and feck up your chance of getting it for the cheaper price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I was with her she had her email with reservation details she reserved it for 199 and they honoured it

A curved smart Samsung 40' TV for €199 :eek:

She should've reserved several....Id stick one in the bathroom for that price :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭chooey

Hi, just wondering would anyone know if there is anyway of getting an item from Argos in letterkenny down to Dublin? The item that I want is small enough and I can only find it in the letterkenny store. I don't think they offer delivery on it. Would there be any companies that you know of that would collect an item and ship it to me? It would make my dads year if I could get it for him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

chooey wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering would anyone know if there is anyway of getting an item from Argos in letterkenny down to Dublin? The item that I want is small enough and I can only find it in the letterkenny store. I don't think they offer delivery on it. Would there be any companies that you know of that would collect an item and ship it to me? It would make my dads year if I could get it for him

I think someone mentioned before a stored did that for them, I don't know if they organise it from the Argos store or customer service, might be worth giving a call to the store that has it and also customer service.

Argos also sells some items on ebay, worth checking by items name if they have it.

Also check Argos UK home delivery and Argos ebay uk you will need to get it ship to Parcel Motel/Wizard or Address if small item.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭dan786

This was never 199 so not sure how it was reserved for that. CheckArgos keeps track of the price and 489 is the lowest its been. Stop making stuff up.

http://checkargos.com/product/5281879

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭chooey

nava wrote: »
    I think someone mentioned before a stored did that for them, I don't know if they organise it from the Argos store or customer service, might be worth giving a call to the store that has it and also customer service.

Argos also sells some items on ebay, worth checking by items name if they have it.

Also check Argos UK home delivery and Argos ebay uk you will need to get it ship to Parcel Motel/Wizard or Address if small item.

Oh that's good to know! I'll try all of that tomorrow and hopefully I'll be in luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

chooey wrote:

PM me. I could pick it up and send it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,446 ✭✭✭corkie

Thanks for sharing this: -

It works out to be roughly the same price on amazon.co.uk

I got a friend to collect one for me during the week from argos.

Opened tonight and glad to say once formatted to fat32, it works in my RN3 Pro.

nava wrote: »

I'm wondering something on the opposite way, i've a few items reserved in Dublin, but not available in L'kenny, but can i pay at one store for it & get it collected in the other store,

I've looked at it online,
    it says you can't but when i rang Customer service
    the assistant told me i can, but then she asked me do we still use sterling here :rolleyes:

Or if that can't be done as i've a few cards with credit on them, give my friend the details on them & ask staff to manually input it in?

I've heard various stories on it, but does anyone know if you can?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Either her or you are telling porkies. CheckArgos has no record of that item being that price, which it would if it was.

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »
    Either her or you are telling porkies. CheckArgos has no record of that item being that price, which it would if it was.

Well I was there definitely only paid 199.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement