Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Well I was there definitely only paid 199.

Pic of receipt?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Not a hope argos will sell an xbox for 50 euro, whatever about the tv been mispriced but a washing machine, games console and tv all at wrong prices and all honoured does not sound right at all.

• I was with her she had her email with reservation details she reserved it for 199 and they honoured it

I call shenanigans but I will eat humble pie if you can prove it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭OCEANIC FIZZY POP NINE

An error price like that may not show up on Checkargos....witnessmenow where are ya???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Rallycrazygirl

An error price like that may not show up on Checkargos....witnessmenow where are ya???

They dont put up error prices as lowest selling price. Ill get copy of receipt off friend and will post it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

Was it a display model?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Doge

Was a bargain. Store manager was sound and said he had to give it too her. They've had loads of mistakes all week he said. They had problems with Xbox one aswell he said one store had to sell it for 50 euro. And a washing machine for 130 euro. He said if you ever get a bargain like that go in first thing when store opens because the mistake won't have been spotted until stores are open a while and they'll honour it.

Did ye do a celebratory doughnut in the car park after she got it? ;)

Probably not in case you damaged the TV!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Bad Gateway on checkargos.com :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Does anyone remember how long ago, was it that when a Samsung 46" was 1/2 price form €1051 -> €529, afaik was bargain alert of the year?

I got one of those then, but jeez people were getting nervous when it wouldn't go thru when ordering it when you rang up CustService & thought we've been rumbled, but it turned out that it was the PRF fee that was causing the hiccup.

Still going strong to this day, but what is the shelf life of tv's these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Nescafe Dulco Gusto reduced from €119.99 to €36.99

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2391157/Trail/searchtext%3ETASSIMO.htm

Not sure how good they are as I'm not a coffee drinker but seems a pretty good deal.

Lots of stock about too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Love2love wrote: »
    Nescafe Dulco Gusto reduced from €119.99 to €36.99

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2391157/Trail/searchtext%3ETASSIMO.htm

Not sure how good they are as I'm not a coffee drinker but seems a pretty good deal.

Lots of stock about too.

Only avaialble at that price until tomorrow :)

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Only avaialble at that price until tomorrow :)

Regularly available at around the 50 quid mark.
    Good deal- but not nearly as remarkable as they are suggesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Bad Gateway on checkargos.com :(

Any particular page? It seems to be working ok for me

Any particular page? It seems to be working ok for me

Working fine now. Wasn't even getting the landing page last night- it was throwing up the 'Bad Landing Page' and refusing to load even the homepage. Also had some Ubuntu gobbledegook- whatever it was- seems to have resolved itself........

• Registered Users Posts: 28 aerodynamix

I bought something in Argos NI at the weekend which I want to bring back in Dublin, I'd asked and was told this would not be a problem.

Just wondering if I can get a refund and if so how would they price it? I would make a nice profit if they refunded it for the current Euro price!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 aerodynamix

I bought something in Argos NI at the weekend which I want to bring back in Dublin, I'd asked and was told this would not be a problem.

Just wondering if I can get a refund and if so how would they price it? I would make a nice profit if they refunded it for the current Euro price!

I am pretty sure they wont refund in a different currency but an exchange/store credit might be offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mot2000ie

Yes you can return it but the item has to be for sale in Ireland. They sell a lot more items in uk so some things aren't available here. What they do is give you a refund with an exchange rate on their tills so you won't get the price they are selling it at here, it's whatever the exchange rate is.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭jc77

Query re this phone - Sim Free Alcatel 2008G.

Looking to buy for my mother-in-law who is simply looking for a big screen/big buttons phone.

The description includes: "This handset is not compatible with the three mobile network."

Question:
    Will this phone work on the O2 network, or even Tesco mobile?

jc77 wrote: »
    Query re this phone - Sim Free Alcatel 2008G.

Looking to buy for my mother-in-law who is simply looking for a big screen/big buttons phone.

The description includes: "This handset is not compatible with the three mobile network."

Question:
    Will this phone work on the O2 network, or even Tesco mobile?

O2/Tesco are all routing through three now so I wouldn't chance it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

Trying to register my details with argos uk and keeps telling me evening phone no needs to be between 10 and 20 numerical characters.

Been trying both my number and parcel motels number but neither works

How do I get around this..?

Edit: Got it sorted, needed uk mobile number...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

jonnycivic wrote: »
    O2/Tesco are all routing through three now so I wouldn't chance it.

I've no issues on a Tesco mobile account.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I've no issues on a Tesco mobile account.

Wait till you have family or friends in County Galway, Sligo, Leitrim, Roscommon etc- you'll very quickly change that opinion.

I do. Why would it be an issue for me calling or receiving from them in that area if I'm with Tesco mobile?

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I do. Why would it be an issue for me calling or receiving from them in that area if I'm with Tesco mobile?

Coverage is diabolical over significant areas of the West/NorthWest- masts are located according to population density, rather than geographic coverage- anytime I'm at home I have to go up a local hill to try and connect with the mast in Tubercurry and I regularly get 20-30 missed calls all popping up together in around the outskirts of Carrick-on-Shannon........ Its almost like the twilight zone. I get similar in Inverin and other parts of Galway, along the coast road out of Ballina- and several other areas. I can use a Vodafone phone in some areas- but my handsfree in the car will only connect to one handset at a time- which negates having two separate phones ready for use........

Yeah, it can be brutal around the midlands, but I've found that with all providers. In the local pub there's one part where you can just about get a signal, no matter what provider, so when you walk in you'll see a line of phones stacked against one particular window. O2, now Three, can just drop away completely in the village at seemingly random times, for random periods. So while Three/Tesco aren't the greatest, they're not alone. Obviously it's different in different towns and villages, locals just switch providers as a process of elimination to try figure out who they can get some sort of stability with. I know someone in the east who has to use a broadband dongle, and they have to leave it in one of those postboxes outside of the house in order to get data.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Hey Guys,

I collected a PS4 from argos last night that I had reserved on Black Friday. Is there any way to get a look back at what black Friday deals they had as I want to double check something about the deal I got etc

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Bought a ps4 pro last week before they had any deals on it. They have a deal now with two games plus €30. Would argos refund me if i bring it back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

bur wrote: »
    Bought a ps4 pro last week before they had any deals on it. They have a deal now with two games plus €30. Would argos refund me if i bring it back?

They have a 30 day returns policy

https://www.argos.ie/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/ReturnsAndRefunds.htm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement