Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

Yeah love mine too! Bought the multicolored and was so impressed got the warm white too. If anyone thinks the Argos ones are bad then I got some in Woodies for the same price which were just terrible in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

kceire wrote: »
    I have Duracell in mine and very impressed with the brightness.
    How does the auto on/off work though?

They switch off 8 hours after you switch them on or change setting, then come back on after 16 hours. I switched mine on at 5pm, they go off at 1am and back on again at 5pm, and on they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ando88

Anyone know when Argos will be getting the Mini NES back in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

ando88 wrote: »
    Anyone know when Argos will be getting the Mini NES back in stock?

It boggles my mind that this would sell out here.

The NES didn't even catch on here, the Master System did (well, in the UK at least, I can't find any Ireland specific data) so it's not even nostalgia.

I hope people aren't confusing it with the SNES.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,277 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Occono wrote: »
    It boggles my mind that this would sell out here.

The NES didn't even catch on here, the Master System did (well, in the UK at least, I can't find any Ireland specific data) so it's not even nostalgia.

I hope people aren't confusing it with the SNES.

But... but... but... it's 8-bit! 8-bit! :)

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

No minecraft for PS4 in ARGOS anywhere. What gives?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

vicwatson wrote: »

Couldn't get it anywhere here for wii u either. Try littlewoods, I got a copy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Seems to be stock in city centre stores now

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2483704/Trail/searchtext%3EMINECRAFT+PS4.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭Soarer

Is the €10 for €100 spend for every hundred euro over the one hundred mark, or €10 over the €100 mark irrespective?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

ahlookit wrote: »

Got a copy in CEX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Soarer wrote: »
    Is the €10 for €100 spend for every hundred euro over the one hundred mark, or €10 over the €100 mark irrespective?

You get a single E10 voucher once you spend over E100, even if you spend a million euro.

If possible, split the transactions into as many voucher-able transactions

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Got a copy in CEX
    Re Minecraft:

Its available in most stores (although it is OOS in a good few stores)

xabi wrote: »
    Couldn't get it anywhere here for wii u either. Try littlewoods, I got a copy there.

Cheers. Got the complete story for €32 delivered on littlewoods, tvm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

vicwatson wrote:
    Cheers. Got the complete story for €32 delivered on littlewoods, tvm

Just in case you didn't realise but The story mode is not the same as regular Minecraft ...it's an episodic type game similar to a drama series

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    Just in case you didn't realise but The story mode is not the same as regular Minecraft ...it's an episodic type game similar to a drama series

Ballsy, so I need to buy the normal one too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

vicwatson wrote:

Yeah it's a completely different type of game to be honest

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    Yeah it's a completely different type of game to be honest

The one I got was complete story mode. Still different yeh?

The one I got was complete story mode. Still different yeh?

That's the episodic version.
    We got the complete story mode during the year- but have had to go back and buy the full version.
    Our little guy does love story mode- and its cross-compatible with his Vita- but of late he has abandoned it for the full version.

Ps- I think I have a young psychopath on my hands- he is taking particular glee in killing Santa Claus, taking over his house and terrifying the elves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

All gone in Cork..great deal though.

"Story Mode" is a story based spinoff game set in the Minecraft world. It's good, but it's not the actual Minecraft game itself, no.

• Advertisement

That's the episodic version.
    We got the complete story mode during the year- but have had to go back and buy the full version.
    Our little guy does love story mode- and its cross-compatible with his Vita- but of late he has abandoned it for the full version.

Ps- I think I have a young psychopath on my hands- he is taking particular glee in killing Santa Claus, taking over his house and terrifying the elves.

Im a thicko at this stuff, of you have minecraft for ps vita can you download it to the ps4 too or need to buy a ps4 version, period.? sorry:o

Im a thicko at this stuff, of you have minecraft for ps vita can you download it to the ps4 too or need to buy a ps4 version, period.? sorry:o

Probably. There's something called "Cross Buy" for some games, but from what I can tell Vita > PS4 isn't supported for Minecraft: https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/4bzfd8/minecraft_no_longer_cross_buy/

• Registered Users Posts: 11 NORMARHAN

Hi, Does anyone know of anywhere in Cork that is selling or has in stock pokeman headphones the teen ones

Thanks in advance

NORMARHAN wrote: »
    pokeman

3600-white-z1-t-we-must-hunt-the-pokeman.png

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

OOS for me, kid would have loved it :(

They also have these on shelves near the tills,AFAIK they don't show up on the regular stock checker.Might be worth a trip into a store.

Occono wrote: »
    Probably. There's something called "Cross Buy" for some games, but from what I can tell Vita > PS4 isn't supported for Minecraft: https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/4bzfd8/minecraft_no_longer_cross_buy/

The PS3 version came with a Vita coupon- the PS4 version can save to your PS account- which you can then access on your PS3 version. I.e. you can't play the game in the way you did on the PS3- but you can access all your saves etc- when you have them backed up. We have a free-standing copy for the Vita anyway (the console came with it)- so we've actually 2 entirely different versions installed on the Vita- versus the two different games on the PS4........

I sound like we buy lots of games- we don't- our little guy is just completely nuts about Minecraft (one of his Christmas presents is a full box of Series 6 blind boxes- a Steve jumper- and the collection of Pampling t-shirts........

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bdeal

Missed out on the paw patrol annual for 1.50. Anyone got one reserved is navan, drogheda or ashbourne that they don't Want?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Don Imac2 wrote: »
    De'Longhi ECAM25.462 BK Bean to Cup Coffee Machine. €520 (was €1240)

Some more De'Longhi machines with great reductions on Argos also.

58-4024697-AMC298M.jpg

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4024697/Trail/searchtext%3EGREAT+SAVINGS+ON+SELECTED+KITCHEN+ELECTRICALS.htm

This was previously on sale at €511. That 'was' price isn't realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

bdeal wrote: »
    Missed out on the paw patrol annual for 1.50. Anyone got one reserved is navan, drogheda or ashbourne that they don't Want?

I am afraid I don't have any reserved there but I have a couple reserved in ilac centre that I'm not using anymore if you want one ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 bdeal

kopite386 wrote: »
    I am afraid I don't have any reserved there but I have a couple reserved in ilac centre that I'm not using anymore if you want one ?

Thx unfortunately a bit far but appreciate offer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement