Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

bdeal wrote: »
    Missed out on the paw patrol annual for 1.50. Anyone got one reserved is navan, drogheda or ashbourne that they don't Want?

Check out Deslz if there is one near you. I saw some annuals in the Omni one which were €1.50!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭sjoyce87

question guys, a few football flicks showed up there in a few stores, and when i went to click reserve they said it wasn't in stock, but i presume i reserved one for when they are in stock in a couple of days?? it said something like available for collection when in stock?? just wondering am i guaranteed it??

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bdeal

sjoyce87 wrote: »
    question guys, a few football flicks showed up there in a few stores, and when i went to click reserve they said it wasn't in stock, but i presume i reserved one for when they are in stock in a couple of days?? it said something like available for collection when in stock?? just wondering am i guaranteed it??

Only if you got a reservation number. Otherwise no.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

I have 3 star wars annuals reserved in ilac centre, I reserved them for someone who decided they didn't want them anymore if anyone wants them let me know and I'll pm you the code(s)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Please don't bother reserving products if you aren't buying them. It kills the system for everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

kopite386 wrote: »
    I have 3 more paw patrol annuals and 3 star wars all reserved in ilac centre, I reserved them for someone who decided they didn't want them anymore if anyone wants them let me know and I'll pm you the code(s)

Can I get one of those PAW PATROL please.

Can I get one of those PAW PATROL please.

Yeah I'll pm a reservation number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

RossieMan wrote: »
    Please don't bother reserving products if you aren't buying them. It kills the system for everyone else.

;)

They were supposed to be for someone who didn't have access to the webpage as Christmas presents for grandkids but they decided against getting them after they were reserved in ilac (only place that had them) rather than the local store if I could cancel the reservation I would have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I have been guilty of this, and I know a lot of us have and then changing our minds for whatever reason,

You don't need to state the obvious, he is giving someone the option,

Life is not always black and white,

Do you really feel this type of negativity is good for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

x2

I wish Argos wouldn't let people reserve without paying :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

This was previously on sale at €511. That 'was' price isn't realistic.

Price history paints a fairly bleak picture of the honesty of this reduction!

http://checkargos.com/product/4024697

Only two in stock anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Anyone else find Argos website unusable this morning - get error messages when I try to search or filter product categories?

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Anyone else find Argos website unusable this morning - get error messages when I try to search or filter product categories?

User does not have permission to access the function Browse

haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

marcbrophy wrote: »
    User does not have permission to access the function Browse

haha :D

Yeah, I bit unfortunate for an e-commerce site! I was trying to check stock and reserve an item, in the end I just had to take a chance and head in to the store.

All seems OK now

P.S. Spoke too soon!

100412.2526@compuserve.com

bdeal wrote: »
    Missed out on the paw patrol annual for 1.50. Anyone got one reserved is navan, drogheda or ashbourne that they don't Want?

Many stores have them back in stock, Drogheda have 5 in stock

Most Dublin stores seem to have the paw patrol annuals back in stock with the exception of Liffey Valley & Omni

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Call of duty Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition for 55 Euro (Xbox one), reduced from 80. Not sure if mentioned already. Decent saving I think (even if you like/dislike the game:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

.E_C_K_S. wrote:
    Call of duty Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition for 55 Euro (Xbox one), reduced from 80. Not sure if mentioned already. Decent saving I think (even if you like/dislike the game )

Thanks a mill..just got the PS4 edition..saved 25eðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 10,883 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    Call of duty Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition for 55 Euro (Xbox one), reduced from 80. Not sure if mentioned already. Decent saving I think (even if you like/dislike the game:D)

You'll get €63 in-store credit on trade-in in CEX ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Anybody know of Argos are due a re stock of 32" smart tvs before the new year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Is there a way to get more than one item on a reservation when using the Argos mobile site? Can be a nuisance when ordering a few different items and having a separate reservation code for each.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭DopeTech

markc1184 wrote: »
    Is there a way to get more than one item on a reservation when using the Argos mobile site? Can be a nuisance when ordering a few different items and having a separate reservation code for each.

Don't think so, I just use full website on my mobile. It works fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭OCEANIC FIZZY POP NINE

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Don't think so, I just use full website on my mobile. It works fine.

How do you get full site to load?

How do you get full site to load?

At the bottom of the screen, there is a link to go to the desktop version.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Did someone say that you get vouchers off for spending over 100e..is it after you buy?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Colser wrote: »
    Did someone say that you get vouchers off for spending over 100e..is it after you buy?

I think that ended a week a few days ago- I certainly got nada instore today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Just be careful, i picked up a 64gb iphone and I was given a A16gb one.

It was a different code.

Did this ever happen anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Sorry for posting on the no chat thread with this. Mods please delete if appropiate

I reserved a 64gb iphone and ,I was given a 16gb one.

They accidentally picked the wrong code.

Just be careful to check the code and the white label on the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

dingding wrote: »
    Just be careful, i picked up a 64gb iphone and I was given a A16gb one.

It was a different code.

Did this ever happen anyone else.

thats equally your fault for not checking when you received it.

They'll swap it back if you've got the receipt anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement