Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

dingding wrote: »
    Sorry for posting on the no chat thread with this. Mods please delete if appropiate

I reserved a 64gb iphone and ,I was given a 16gb one.

They accidentally picked the wrong code.

Just be careful to check the code and the white label on the box.

Didn't think that was possible on their system. Did you pay the 64GB or 16GB price?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

degsie wrote: »
    Didn't think that was possible on their system. Did you pay the 64GB or 16GB price?

Happened to me on an iPad Air. Paid for a 16GB, got a 64GB.......naturally I returned it for the cheaper model with less storage................:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

degsie wrote: »

I reserved and paid for a 64GB one, as I was walking to the carpark I noticed the codes did not match up, and it was a 16GB one.

When I kicked up a fuss, they found by 64 GB one, from the stock of "reserved ones", mine was reserved.

Not sure if it was an innocent accident or not. Always as well to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

RossieMan wrote: »
    thats equally your fault for not checking when you received it.

They'll swap it back if you've got the receipt anyway.

Had trouble getting it changed, said I could wait to see if the 64GB one was returned.

When I asked to speak to the manager one was found :).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Not much in the way of reductions on games, loads of them have gone way up over night, best deals so far seems to be a bogof on Lego Dimensions figures.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

joujoujou wrote: »

Nah it won't seem to actually make an order reservation, just errors

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Tinie wrote:

Same here..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Tinie wrote: »
    Colser wrote: »
    Same here..

Usually means there's no stock :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Tried a few times today from different stores. Getting blank emails with no reservations.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭sob1467

Tried a few times today from different stores. Getting blank emails with no reservations.

Just reserved it and got reservation email no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

sob1467 wrote: »
    Was there actually a code in the email? Igot OOS message on site then blank email!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Getting email ok...not much use with no bloody reservation number as mentioned above it usually means no stock....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,996 ✭✭✭dodzy

What store? Tried several, and same result as the other folks. If you don't get a res number in this situation, it's not gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

dodzy wrote: »
    What store? Tried several, and same result as the other folks. If you don't get a res number in this situation, it's not gonna happen.

Most likely he got the blank email.

Reserved one myself stock available followed by blank email.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭sob1467

Only tried one store: Letterkenny and it worked first time. Also got email confirmation.

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Most likely he got the blank email.

Reserved one myself stock available followed by blank email.

Yup, hopeless so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

I tried reserving early this morning while waiting for the kids to wake. Said there was one in Carlow and Arklow, but gave same error message and email

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭derekbro

Beware of ordering things from Argos when it's available for order like this. 3 times before Christmas I had the order confirmation number and the item was never actually ordered into the store.

derekbro wrote: »
    Beware of ordering things from Argos when it's available for order like this. 3 times before Christmas I had the order confirmation number and the item was never actually ordered into the store.
    If you get a confirmation number by email, with the reduced price (for anything in Argos) , you're hone dry pretty much all of the time. Argos are excellent in terms of honouring in these situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

There were a few of those in stock early yesterday morning , I got 2 one for my son and myself yesterday morning early while waiting on family to get up.

To make the deal even sweeter anyone who got one can avail of the special offer below valued at €60 .

Get a free TomTom Curfer to track your driving skills when you buy a TomTom Go 520 620 5200 or 6200. Redeem at www.tomtom.com/gopromo. Offer ends 16/01/2017

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭liam7831

The Muppet wrote: »
    There were a few of those in stock early yesterday morning , I got 2 one for my son and myself yesterday morning early while waiting on family to get up.

To make the deal even sweeter anyone who got one can avail of the special offer below valued at €60 .

Get a free TomTom Curfer to track your driving skills when you buy a TomTom Go 520 620 5200 or 6200. Redeem at www.tomtom.com/gopromo. Offer ends 16/01/2017

I think the Garmin are much better than Tomtom

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

liam7831 wrote: »
    I think the Garmin are much better than Tomtom

I've had both , don't see much difference between either tbh. The handsfree and inbuilt sim on this unit means one less gadget/lead in the car as I plan to replace my current tomtom sat nav and hands free parrot kit with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭phill106

cant seem to order it online either, says out of stock when you go into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

If you get a confirmation number by email, with the reduced price (for anything in Argos) , you're hone dry pretty much all of the time. Argos are excellent in terms of honouring in these situations.

I had reserved the only one in Galway yesterday morning. Collected no issues at 9am

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

phill106 wrote: »
    cant seem to order it online either, says out of stock when you go into it.

Same prob here, says in stock but cannot reserve it, error on webpage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

I dont see why anyone would want a Tom Tom or any dedicated sat nav, if you have a decent phone, as most do, then your phone is far superior. A sat nav is just another item to take out of your window everytime you park.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

the link doesn't work, it cant be ordered, can we move on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I dont see why anyone would want a Tom Tom or any dedicated sat nav, if you have a decent phone, as most do, then your phone is far superior. A sat nav is just another item to take out of your window everytime you park.

Yeah, any modern phone sat nav such as here maps or Google maps that I've used, is miles ahead of these slow, clunky sat navs. Not to mention, as you said, the theft issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Code gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Tinie wrote: »
    Yeah, any modern phone sat nav such as here maps or Google maps that I've used, is miles ahead of these slow, clunky sat navs. Not to mention, as you said, the theft issue.

Lots of people use then for driving on the continent. Not having to reply on phones. Off line maps and data charges.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement