Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Folks does anyone know if Argos are open today? I've tried ringing my local store but there is no answer.

Even if they are, they are never open before 11 on a Sunday anyway are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,079 ✭✭✭✭muffler

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Folks does anyone know if Argos are open today? I've tried ringing my local store but there is no answer.
    Google is your friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,067 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

muffler wrote: »
    Google is your friend :)

Thanks for that but I wasn't sure if they'd be open seeing as it's New Years day and the above only relates to normal Sunday hours as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

I reserved something yesterday and on the email it said that they were closed today

Argos in Naas is open, was in it earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

fixed again :)

Broken again :)

Bad Gateway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

dingding wrote: »
    Broken again :)

Bad Gateway.

Cheers for letting me know, the way i restart it when i'm in work is using the continuous deployment I have set up (wercker) using my phone, but im having some issues logging in.

I'll keep trying though!

EDIT: should be back now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Brilliant,

working again, Steam Iron purchased.

Many thanks.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

VeVeX wrote: »

I guess these would be no use with fast charge devices. ? S6 or one plus 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

brightkane wrote: »
    I guess these would be no use with fast charge devices. ? S6 or one plus 3?

They would charge perfectly well but not using the fast charge feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Mandzhalas

Platinum wedding rings

2mm - 186
    4mm - 192
    6mm - 288

Cheapest platinum rings i can find on internet. 4mm makes especially good value. On top argos currently running deal - when 2 wedding rings are purchased 20% discount is applied. http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2031228/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CJewellery+and+watches%7C14416987/c_2/3%7C19780838%7CRings%7C14416988/c_3/4%7Ccat_14416988%7CWedding+rings+and+bands%7C14417005/Trail/searchtext%3EPLATINUM.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Mandzhalas

Platinum wedding rings

2mm - 186
    4mm - 192
    6mm - 288

Cheapest platinum rings i can find on internet. 4mm makes especially good value. On top argos currently running deal - when 2 wedding rings are purchased 20% discount is applied. http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2031228/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CJewellery+and+watches%7C14416987/c_2/3%7C19780838%7CRings%7C14416988/c_3/4%7Ccat_14416988%7CWedding+rings+and+bands%7C14417005/Trail/searchtext%3EPLATINUM.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Not sure if it this is the right place to ask this but what are argos like re: taking returns on items that have been opened but unused? Got a moto g4 for someone but they don't like the big screen. The seal has been broken and the plastic cover removed from the front of the phone but that's it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Not sure if it this is the right place to ask this but what are argos like re: taking returns on items that have been opened but unused? Got a moto g4 for someone but they don't like the big screen. The seal has been broken and the plastic cover removed from the front of the phone but that's it.

From my experience, not very good. Afaik they only accept returns of faulty items or items unopened and not exempt from thirty day return policy, which I think anything with memory is, so a phone would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Tinie wrote: »
    From my experience, not very good. Afaik they only accept returns of faulty items or items unopened and not exempt from thirty day return policy, which I think anything with memory is, so a phone would be.

Cheers looks like it'll be going up on done deal so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

I brought a Nexus 5x back a few months ago and was told that once the phone hasn't been setup they will take it back. I have found them very good at taking stuff back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

How much was the Moto g4 on Argos?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭DopeTech

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Thanks, thought there was a bargain alert for a lot less a while ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,446 ✭✭✭corkie

VeVeX wrote: »

Picked up a pack today, for charging a Nexus 9 it maxed out at 1010 mA!
    They are still available, today.

Edit: - My Redmi Note 3 maxed out at 1620mA but average 1420mA

I know nothing about electrics....are these very difficult to install/setup? I mean would I need an electrician? Please forgive my ignorance!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,421 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I know nothing about electrics....are these very difficult to install/setup? I mean would I need an electrician? Please forgive my ignorance!

if you know nothing about electrics then gets a sparks to put it in. shouldnt take them more than 10 minutes.

Same as any other socket!
    • Turn off the power from the fuse/switch board that powers the socket.
    • Unscrew 2 side screws, on the socket that is there.
    • Unscrew 3 wires from old socket.
    • Connect the 3 wires (live, neutral and earth) to right terminals of the new socket.
    • Screw in the 2 side screws.
    • Turn on the Power.

Didn't have a lock for the fuse board, nobody else was in the house when I did it.

Didn't have a power tester, but connect a light bulb to the socket to know I had switch of the right power on the switch board.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

This is one of those times where it's safer to say if you have to ask get someone who knows how to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

When the Argos website says something is out of stock, but that it can be ordered for collection the next day, how do you actually do that?

Whenever I follow through with trying to reserve it on the website, it let's me no further than the Out of Stock screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

When the Argos website says something is out of stock, but that it can be ordered for collection the next day, how do you actually do that?

Whenever I follow through with trying to reserve it on the website, it let's me no further than the Out of Stock screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

Hate to be that guy, but those USB wall socket things are useless, better off getting individual dedicated plugs. Those sockets are always drawing current and there's no way to switch them off, and since this is a bargain alert forum, I'm alerting you of the bargain of saving electricity by using the chargers that you can physically plug out :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Apt8 wrote: »
    Hate to be that guy, but those USB wall socket things are useless, better off getting individual dedicated plugs. Those sockets are always drawing current and there's no way to switch them off, and since this is a bargain alert forum, I'm alerting you of the bargain of saving electricity by using the chargers that you can physically plug out :P

The 3 pin part or the usb part?

• Advertisement

Apt8 wrote: »

You nearly had me concerned for a moment, bit of research and The Vampire Power these sockets would equate at 5 to 10 cent per year of usage.

Tested: Should You Unplug Chargers When You’re Not Using Them?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement