Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,547 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Its allowing me to reserve the toolbox for collections in Portlaoise, might give it a miss tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

i reserved one in Drogheda, last one there i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭delboy76

Just reserved one in Killarney

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

The link on page 33 is working fine reserved one in sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Regarding the broken links.

The Argos affiliate link generator seems to be broken for their mobile site, this happened when they first launched the mobile site too.

• Advertisement

Regarding the broken links.

The Argos affiliate link generator seems to be broken for their mobile site, this happened when they first launched the mobile site too.

VeVeX wrote: »

These are even cheaper now at €12.50. Moreover the brushed steel ones are also reduced to €18.74.

I still didn't get around to putting in the white ones. I'm tempted to bring them back and get the steel ones. I don't know if there's a massive difference though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,446 ✭✭✭corkie

These are even cheaper now at €12.50. Moreover the brushed steel ones are lso reduced to €18.74.

I still didn't get around to putting in the white ones. I'm tempted to bring them back and get the steel ones. I don't know if there's a massive difference though.

Also saw a single pack of them in Aldi (different brand and probably not as good) costing I think about €19.99!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Anyone know if the likes of home20 or furn20 codes will apply to washing machines? Need to pick one up today and might chance it

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Argos stock check is not working. Any idea what's all about it?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭arkrow

mac.in wrote: »
    Argos stock check is not working. Any idea what's all about it?

Scanner is broke aswell according to the ould fella, I don't use it. Hasn't worked in 3 days??

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

arkrow wrote: »
    Scanner is broke aswell according to the ould fella, I don't use it. Hasn't worked in 3 days??

I used the site on last Fri/Sat when it was working fine.

It's a great resource but it's down a lot. And it doesn't get fixed until someone here has to be the bad guy and post about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Does anyone know if I can use an Irish argos gift card in a UK argos store?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭a_noodle_jenny

As far as I know you can't... you can use Tesco club card up north, great deals in Argos U.K. But sometimes dearer too... I'm guessing you're after something specific you have seen up there..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I'm after a dual sim phone - for some reason they don't sell them in Ireland but I'll be in UK in April so wanted to get one but I have a gift card so I was hoping to use it in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

Lads, I purchased a PS4 with a free game on Sunday for €280. Now they've changed the offer to also include an extra controller to the worth of about €60. Is there any way that I can avail of this now? Would a manager be able to help me at all, or am I just out of luck?

It'd make me hesitant about any big purchases from Argos in the future.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Lads, I purchased a PS4 with a free game on Sunday for €280. Now they've changed the offer to also include a extra controller to the worth of about €60. Is there any way that I can avail of this now? Would a manager be able to help me at all, or am I just out of luck?

If you haven't opened the game and it's not one that is bundled in the PS4 box then they might exchange it for you and give you the new offer.

If you haven't opened the game and it's not one that is bundled in the PS4 box then they might exchange it for you and give you the new offer.

That ship has already sailed, unfortunately. Ah well, these things happen I suppose. Thanks!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That ship has already sailed, unfortunately. Ah well, these things happen I suppose. Thanks!

Misread your post earlier. I thought you said they were giving a controller instead of a game but as well as the game. Hence why I said as long as the game isn't open because they'd have to take it back. I'd go back in and ask the manager. Can't see why they wouldn't do it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

So just go in ask Argos for a free controller?

Not a hope in hell they oblige!

Nope. They would refund the old bundle and resell the new bundle. The OP didn't pay any extra so is essentially getting a free controller and Argos' stock file isn't affected either. I used to work in an electrical retailer and we did this type of thing quite regularly. Even if something dropped in price we'd do a refund resale if a customer asked and have them the difference back. With in reason of course.

Not exactly, I mean if I had exercised some patience and waited a couple of days I'd have gotten the console, game and the controller for the very same price as I actually got just the console and the game. I'll admit it's unlikely, but I find it annoying that they reduced the price and put up the offer when they were just going to make it better a few days after.

Misread your post earlier. I thought you said they were giving a controller instead of a game but as well as the game. Hence why I said as long as the game isn't open because they'd have to take it back. I'd go back in and ask the manager. Can't see why they wouldn't do it.

Thanks a million for the help, and just one last question - I'm in Galway until Friday, do you know if I be would able to go down to the Argos here and bring it up with the manager or would I be better off waiting and going to the store I bought the PS4 from originally?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Not sure why that'd be the case as this could happen in absolutely any shop, Argos however are one of the best when it comes to customer care so I'd definitely go back with your receipt and your bundle to ask nicely if they could oblidge you with the updated offer, obviously you should be sound about it and not act like they've done you wrong somehow.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Not sure why that'd be the case as this could happen in absolutely any shop, Argos however are one of the best when it comes to customer care so I'd definitely go back with your receipt and your bundle to ask nicely if they could oblidge you with the updated offer, obviously you should be sound about it and not act like they've done you wrong somehow.

They're not nearly as customer centric as they used be- since they were taken over by Sainsburys- there have been big changes.

Thanks a million for the help, and just one last question - I'm in Galway until Friday, do you know if I be would able to go down to the Argos here and bring it up with the manager or would I be better off waiting and going to the store I bought the PS4 from originally?

Try the one in Galway and see what happens. Worst case scenario they say no. I wouldn't even ask for a manager just ask at customer service. Bring your receipt with you as well. If you bought it on a card bring the card you used to buy it with. If there is a small difference in price (even 1 cent) and they need to refund it back to you they might be only able to refund it back on the card you paid for it with.

I enquired in Galway and was politely told there was nothing they could do about it as it was just "bad timing". I sent Argos an email to see if I could get a more official line on it, but I'm not hopeful. At least I tried though, it was down to luck after that!

Thanks anyway for the advice lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I enquired in Galway and was politely told there was nothing they could do about it as it was just "bad timing". I sent Argos an email to see if I could get a more official line on it, but I'm not hopeful. At least I tried though, it was down to luck after that!

Just buy another and return the first as an unwanted gift although you may end up with store credit :eek:

• Advertisement

It is unfortunate timing, but I don't think its an unreasonable stance for them to take. It would be going well above what is expected of them to add the controller in after the fact.

Not unheard of mind, Amazon have refunded me the difference once or twice if something dropped in price after I got on to customer service. But I would have been covered by distance selling regulations so I could have returned the order for a refund and just re-ordered so I was in a stronger position than you.

If the only thing is stopping you being able to return the bundle is that you have opened the game, you could buy a sealed copy of the game and sell it CEX afterwards. Its a lot of hassle though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement