Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Sound Asleep Pillow - was € 39.99 - now € 11.99

So does this pillow improve your sleep ?

How or is it a gimmick ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

Sound Asleep Pillow - was € 39.99 - now € 11.99

So does this pillow improve your sleep ?

How or is it a gimmick ?.
    That post is 3 years old, it was a pillow with a built in speaker for a MP3 player

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Completely off topic , but Amazon have completely removed price matching after you order. You've got to return it and reorder.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Their hostility towards customers has been increasing of late, can't understand why they think making online shopping more difficult is the way forward.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Their hostility towards customers has been increasing of late, can't understand why they think making online shopping more difficult is the way forward.

Money- plain and simple.
    They have a new owner- who has different priorities than their predecessors.
    Its the sort of business which doesn't have a lot of alternates in an Irish context- its a combo bricks and mortar/online operation- people prefer this sort model to the pure online model.

They have their customers by the goolies- only the vast majority of their customers don't realise this............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Are the last 3 posts talking at cross purposes or am i failing to keep up?

No it's not just you....I'm not sure whether they're discussing Amazon or Argos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

No it's not just you....I'm not sure whether they're discussing Amazon or Argos.

I have it as Amazon...Amazon.... Argos?
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

It is unfortunate timing, but I don't think its an unreasonable stance for them to take. It would be going well above what is expected of them to add the controller in after the fact.

Not unheard of mind, Amazon have refunded me the difference once or twice if something dropped in price after I got on to customer service. But I would have been covered by distance selling regulations so I could have returned the order for a refund and just re-ordered so I was in a stronger position than you.

If the only thing is stopping you being able to return the bundle is that you have opened the game, you could buy a sealed copy of the game and sell it CEX afterwards. Its a lot of hassle though

I got a reply back from Argos customer services which said to return back to the store with my receipt and they'd honour the offer since the price changed within 30 days after I had purchased it. The email was a bit hard to understand as it was phrased unusually, possibly written by a non-native English speaker, so I'm not sure if they misunderstood, thought I hadn't opened the PlayStation and just wanted to swap the lot out for the other offer. It's probably past the point of them being willing to entertain the idea now, and I think their deal has changed again but it'd be nice to have a precedent for this kind of situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

15m garden hose 5.99
    720/7710
    4 in Dundrum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

Back to the Argos Thread
    Wrapping paper. 4m rolls. 0.01 thats right 1 cent per roll.
    Boxes of Christmas Cards for 0.49. Actually they probably realise that at 1 euro each to post, no one will want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

Back to the Argos Thread
    Wrapping paper. 4m rolls. 0.01 thats right 1 cent per roll. Got heaps this morning in Waterford
    Boxes of Christmas Cards for 0.49. Actually they probably realize that at 1 euro each to post, no one will want them.

cathalj wrote: »
    The 8GB for 45Euro might be a better option if you're planning to add an SD card anyway..... just a thought

+ its easier to root and/or install Google Play store- than the 16Gb variant (Argos have the later software version on it :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

+ its easier to root and/or install Google Play store- than the 16Gb variant (Argos have the later software version on it :( )
    Is this easy to do? Do I need to root it to get the playstore on it?
    Any step by steps tutorials?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

How easy is easy. I got one of these for kids but the amazon UI is terrible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 qir

https : / /forum .xda-developers.com/amazon-fire/general/how-to-install-google-play-store-fire-t3486603

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Quazzie wrote: »
    Is this easy to do? Do I need to root it to get the playstore on it?
    Any step by steps tutorials?

Have a look at the Android tread, this is an Argos thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 qir

I thought I posted a step by step?? Was it deleted?

qir wrote: »

I think both our posts got nuked- probably as they were offtopic :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Posts weren't deleted, they were in the No Chat Argos thread. I have moved them here now.

Anymore questions or how to posts are more relevant in the android forums as this will get will get totally derailed thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

qir wrote:

iwillhtfu wrote:

Search for RootJunky on YouTube and he has a step by step tutorial on his channel to root and flash a new ROM, it's time consuming but easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

qir wrote:

iwillhtfu wrote:

Search for RootJunky on YouTube and he has a step by step tutorial on his channel to root and flash a new ROM, it's time consuming but easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

What's this about?
    Hammock cover for €6.95 but only for Home Delivery.

But then in the description:
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When the weather takes a turn for the worse, this cover is ideal for protecting against showers, frost and wind. With minimal self assembly, the green polyethylene design ensures it blends into the garden. This item is also available for in-store collection, please see cat number 1337253.[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
    Then that's €35.49?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

The Last of Us (Remastered version) on PS4 for €24.99

Limited availability, just nabbed one in Ilac Centre

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2473336/Trail/searchtext%3ETHE+LAST+OF+US.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is the checkargos app still being supported?

Doesn't seem to be working for me, no price history etc.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Witnessmenow can confirm, as the dev, but the app is an older version of the site.
    The app allows you to check all stores, but it doesn't have price changes.

Visit checkargos on a mobile browser and you will get the same look as the app, but it will have a limit on the stores and it will show the prices over time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Witnessmenow can confirm, as the dev, but the app is an older version of the site.
    The app allows you to check all stores, but it doesn't have price changes.

Visit checkargos on a mobile browser and you will get the same look as the app, but it will have a limit on the stores and it will show the prices over time :)

Ah cheers for that, had a got a new phone, forgotten it was just a bookmark.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Hi guys, quick question that i'm sure can be answered pretty easily. Was going to buy something on line that I found to be cheaper in argos as there is a good discount. Problem I have is i'm working abroad at the moment and returning for the summer. I don't think argos does on-line payments even for reserve and collect. My question is, can I give my debit card details to someone to pay for the goods when they collect after I reserve on line? I'm thinking its no different to paying for anything by card over the phone but instead, someone is doing it in person on my behalf and with my consent. I don't want to ask this person to pay with their own money or want to ask for their bank details to transfer money to them so i'm hoping this is a runner. Any thoughts? Can this be done? Thanks.....

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Hi guys, quick question that i'm sure can be answered pretty easily. Was going to buy something on line that I found to be cheaper in argos as there is a good discount. Problem I have is i'm working abroad at the moment and returning for the summer. I don't think argos does on-line payments even for reserve and collect. My question is, can I give my debit card details to someone to pay for the goods when they collect after I reserve on line? I'm thinking its no different to paying for anything by card over the phone but instead, someone is doing it in person on my behalf and with my consent. I don't want to ask this person to pay with their own money or want to ask for their bank details to transfer money to them so i'm hoping this is a runner. Any thoughts? Can this be done? Thanks.....

No, is the short and simple- debit or credit card payments when picking up- is strictly with chip-and-pin only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MarcusP12 wrote: »

Can you not get someone to to buy for you, you can transfer the money to them via bank transfer.

Argos also sell some of the items on ebay you could check if they have the same price and get it deliver to a friend or family as they only post within Ireland or buy from argos.co.uk or Argos on ebay UK, get it deliver to Parcel Motel, Parcel Wizard, etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement