Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

DaisyDLady wrote: »
    Did u try it instore?????
    Did it work??????

Haven't tried it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Best/Cheapest way to get a TV delivered from the UK website? Well over €100 in the difference. Would it be worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

stuba wrote: »
    Best/Cheapest way to get a TV delivered from the UK website? Well over ?100 in the difference. Would it be worth it?
    Could try Richer sounds, get them to price match?
    https://www.richersounds.ie/t-pricebeat.aspx

They could ship here cheaper. Ask the lads here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1105

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    (Quote from the bargain thread)

£549 pounds on the UK site http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6344461

So looks like a misprice.

Graph on checkargos looks like its a legit bargain http://checkargos.com/product/6344461

I just tried to reserve and got email but no reservations number so looking like a misprice. Pity as it's a decent machine but not worth the original price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

I just tried to reserve and got email but no reservations number so looking like a misprice. Pity as it's a decent machine but not worth the original price.

I managed to get a reservation number yesterday but not coming in store till thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

johnf26 wrote: »
    I managed to get a reservation number yesterday but not coming in store till thursday

I'm trying to get a reservation number but it isn't allowing me to reserve in Clonmel or Waterford. What store did you reserve in?

I'm trying to get a reservation number but it isn't allowing me to reserve in Clonmel or Waterford. What store did you reserve in?

In kilkenny,just tried to do a second one there for a friend,coming up as can be ordered but when i did it says out of stock

It says out of stock to me as well but I have emails saying my reservation is accepted (about 7 of them, oops), so I'll wait and see if I get anything else from them. I did try Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

It says out of stock to me as well but I have emails saying my reservation is accepted (about 7 of them, oops), so I'll wait and see if I get anything else from them. I did try Kilkenny.

Unless you have a reservation number you have no chance!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

They mean nothing unless you have an actual reservation number. If there isn't it means there's no stock.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

stuba wrote: »
    Best/Cheapest way to get a TV delivered from the UK website? Well over €100 in the difference. Would it be worth it?
    Cheapest is parcelwizard
    Last time they just charged me the standard rate of €3.85 :D
    Not sure how you take out extra insurance with them and besides glass isn't covered.

Parcel motel you'd have to go to the depot (perhaps an M50 toll too) or pay to get it delivered and they'll sell you extra insurance.
    http://www.parcelmotel.com/extend-liability/ €500 Cover – for 14 days at a cost of €3.50

Addresspal , Where an item exceeds the maximum dimensions of 72cm X 31cm X 25cm, you will be contacted by An Post by phone. The item will be made available in your local delivery service unit and the cost for delivery will be €25.00.

Parcel connect drop to a local shop , so no I would not use for a TV.

IMHO if you are getting a TV at 50% off from Argos or Amazon or Tesco then it's probably worth it. Don't forget warranty and returns could get very messy.

Don't forget warranty and returns could get very messy.

Friends dad is going through this with amazon atm,
    some pain in the hoop as its a 70" TV

I will always recommend richersounds to every one.
    you can usually work a deal for 6 years cover and free delivery into the deal

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

branners69 wrote: »
    Unless you have a reservation number you have no chance!

even with a reservation number it seems to mean nothing

even with a reservation number it seems to mean nothing

Why? People with reservation numbers have been picking them up? Mine is ready for collection!

Why? People with reservation numbers have been picking them up? Mine is ready for collection!

no, i got told by branch manager it was a failed reservation as they didnt have enough stock.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

no, i got told by branch manager it was a failed reservation as they didnt have enough stock.

Ditto.
    Have reservation no. for Liffey Valley- advised its not available and won't be.

They must have copped on to the error!

They must have copped on to the error!

manager said it wasn't a pricing error.

Received a message today saying its ready to pick up but wont get in there today to see but have until Saturday to collect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Was I the only one that failed to see the bargain in that laptop? Yes looking at RRP figures quoted it looked like a bargain but thought the size/spec a bit meh..

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Was I the only one that failed to see the bargain in that laptop? Yes looking at RRP figures quoted it looked like a bargain but thought the size/spec a bit meh..

do you know anything comparable or better?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I can't say I've looked but yes I'd imagine there is better. Also those combo notebooks are a bit of a gimmick imo.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Asus Transformer Pro?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Asus Transformer Pro?

That's 4 times the price, how is that comparable?

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I can't say I've looked but yes I'd imagine there is better. Also those combo notebooks are a bit of a gimmick imo.

right, thanks for the contribution. I've actually been looking all day and cant find anything comparable within 250 euro of this.

johnf26 wrote: »
    Received a message today saying its ready to pick up but wont get in there today to see but have until Saturday to collect

which store?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭paddym1

Hi, if anyone has a confirmed reservation for the laptop Dublin/Leinster that they won't be using, I'd be very grateful if you could pass it on. Thanks.

which store?

Kilkenny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

If anyone else has a code anywhere in Dublin or surroundings that they don't need I'd be delighted with it, niece needs a laptop for college and this would be way better than a crappy netbook. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement