Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

CH3OH wrote: »
    just a heads up that lots of Clearance Items can be found using:

http://www.checkargos.com/clearance.php

you might be lucky and find something useful in your local store
    Thanks for that!

The only thing that remotely looks interesting IMO are the reduced Apple cases but I'm an Android user so it's no good to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

CH3OH wrote: »
    just a heads up that lots of Clearance Items can be found using:

http://www.checkargos.com/clearance.php

you might be lucky and find something useful in your local store

I just checked all the Dublin and Kildare stores for 'all sections' and am getting nothing coming up. Do I need to enter min.price and max. price 'cos I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    I just checked all the Dublin and Kildare stores for 'all sections' and am getting nothing coming up. Do I need to enter min.price and max. price 'cos I didn't.

Yes you do need to enter the min and max price, if you don't you should see the message "Please set a minimum price, set a maximum price" but you do not need to select a Section, that can be left as All

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Make sure to set a min-max price.

I just did 0 to €300

• Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

The "all sections" option is terribly named, i need to change it, or maybe remove it.

Basically at one stage they had a store specific search for clearance items, that could be any type of item, but I don't think they have had that type of search since, so it doesn't work anymore.

EDIT: Ha, it does work! It normally doesn't! my comment below about limiting the criteria is still true though.

You'll have to try individual sections for the moment.

Just another thing I should fix is that if your search returns too many results it will fail, basically the script times out waiting for the data to return. I should break up the search into chunks. For the moment if it doesnt work, please narrow your price range.

As always any recommendations/feedback welcome!

And sure if anyone wants to fix these issues the link to code is in my sig :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Thanks nava. I hadn't set min. and max. but no message came up. Just tried that now and its sorted. Off to see if there are any treasures waiting for me now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

As always any recommendations/feedback welcome!
    Is there any chance of an option to sort the % discounts in order?

Shamrok wrote: »

Was thinking the same when looking at the page!

The current "technology" behind the table, not really-ish. It would be possible but it would be super hacky.

Let me look into to using something different for displaying the data

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Shamrok wrote: »

For the time being, if you have Excel on your PC you can copy the table, paste it in there and sort.

Free versions of excel around like gnumeric, but havent tried it on that

• Registered Users Posts: 43,862 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Let me look into to using something different for displaying the data
    Plenty of javascript libraries out to produce sortable tables..

e.g Sorttable

It's very very easy with that library - took down your source, downloaded and embedded that Javascript in it, added class="sortable" to the table and voila..

6CLX76.png

(fecking 0% saving.. you're breaking your heart Argos!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

Best options would be datatables. give me a shout if you need help using it (PM)

Cheers Basq! That looks pretty perfect to me! Am pretty busy at the moment working on my game, but If I can free myself for a few minutes I'll make the change.

I saw that ok MuffinsDa and it does look really good, but Basq's solution looks good and really simple so I might just go with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭mcw92

Argos have this 32" Bush TV for sale at 179.99 ATM. There's a good bit of stock around too.

WsqusPl.jpg

HD ready.
    USB for movies.
    Saorview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

mcw92 wrote: »
    Argos have this 32" Bush TV for sale at 179.99 ATM. There's a good bit of stock around too.

HD ready.
    USB for movies.
    Saorview.

This is good for resizing images.6yze4T_thumb.jpg

This is good for resizing images.6yze4T_thumb.jpg

Not sure what you mean tbh.
    I'm on phone so can't see if pic is too big, if that's what your on about......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

mcw92 wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean tbh.
    I'm on phone so can't see if pic is too big, if that's what your on about......

Yeah its Huge. I use that link to resize. It was passed onto me from someone here a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Do you have the Argos order number for that TV by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭davehey79

I can't find it in the argos online store or checkargos.com. Is it a store specific thing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Corholio wrote: »
    Do you have the Argos order number for that TV by any chance?

Bottom left of attached photo it looks like it says 138/4828 but the Argos site returns no results for that number. It could have been removed from the database and it's a case of going to your local store to check stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

ncur wrote: »
    Bottom left of attached photo it looks like it says 138/4828 but the Argos site returns no results for that number. It could have been removed from the database and it's a case of going to your local store to check stock.

138/4828 is correct you have to go to local store to check .. got one this afternoon in crusies street limerick was only two in stock and one was reserved watching England v Italy on it now

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

Living Bamboo Steamer 20cm. €3.99 was €13.99

Living Bamboo Steamer 20cm. 145/4246 http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=561908

plenty of stock available

enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

this is fairly decent too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

this is fairly decent too

Got the last one in Clonmel - great buy, thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

Probably the 2012 model, Google Nexus 7 €124.99

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8141222/Trail/searchtext%3ENEXUS.htm

Good stock available

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

magicEye wrote: »

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8141222/Trail/searchtext%3ENEXUS.htm

Good stock available

Enjoy!

just reserved, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Also reserved the Nexus. Thank you :)
    I've a housewarming gift of a 50e one4all voucher plus a ten euro voucher to use too. Nice one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Might be nice in a girls bedroom

Here

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭magicray

magicEye wrote: »

Good stock available

Enjoy!

Anyone know anything about these - are they any good, my Mum is not very techy at all but wants a tablet, she will only use it for browsing the net and email

• Advertisement

magicray wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about these - are they any good, my Mum is not very techy at all but wants a tablet, she will only use it for browsing the net and email

Best 7" Tablet of 2012/early 2013, only to be replaced by the new Nexus.
    Still a very good tablet, and best tablet you will find for that money or even more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement