Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1088935.htm

What course would this student be doing

1st year secondary school so basic is okay but some peeps have recommended better/faster ones so I'm still looking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭mcw92

Soarer wrote: »
    Spotted that yesterday.

The description is for a Sammy 50", but the catalogue number is for a 32" Toshiba or something. Would've chanced my arm with it, but there was no 32" in stock!

It the catalogue no. was for the 32", its what you would have gotten I'd say.
    How does it show up on them touch stock checkers if you type in the Cat. No.?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Soarer

mcw92 wrote: »
    It the catalogue no. was for the 32", its what you would have gotten I'd say.
    How does it show up on them touch stock checkers if you type in the Cat. No.?

Didn't check that. Used checkargos.com to check the stock.

Would've been interesting to see what holds more water; the description or the catalogue number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭kooga

yesterday when the catalogue came out i checked the stock checker and there were a few of the samsungs around.........now none! i wonder did anybody manage to get one for the lower price?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I checked aswell ..nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I wonder if Argos staff are on some sort of commission to sell that 3 year accidental damage cover? I bought something in Argos today, and the girl at the desk kept asking me if I wanted to purchase it. Money making racket if you ask me. Still, compared with most stores, the Argos staff are better than most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

I wonder if Argos staff are on some sort of commission to sell that 3 year accidental damage cover? I bought something in Argos today, and the girl at the desk kept asking me if I wanted to purchase it. Money making racket if you ask me. Still, compared with most stores, the Argos staff are better than most.

i've asked them before are they on commission and they said no.(i suggested they should be)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,872 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I think it simply pops up before they can complete the sale, so they should be asking. Following rules, you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭marty_crane

I was asked that once when I bought a shredder. The shredder cost me €11. The replacement insurance was €12

I was asked that once when I bought a shredder. The shredder cost me €11. The replacement insurance was €12

That's cause they quoted you the wrong price :P

When the item goes on sale, unless you check the little leaflet about it for the price, the price usually offered is the price of it for the pre-sale price(its the price that pops up on till.

It is NEVER more than 50% the price of the actual item. Its usually around 1/3 or 1/4 the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sikie

Don't knock the Argos Insurance, I always got it with portable DVD players for the kids as it was a one way bet that the unit would be broke within 18 months and they always replaced them no quibble

Sikie wrote: »
    Don't knock the Argos Insurance, I always got it with portable DVD players for the kids as it was a one way bet that the unit would be broke within 18 months and they always replaced them no quibble

Very handy for Tablets too.
    Buy a tablet for €129.99, cover is €42.99.
    One and half years later your tablet 'breaks', you have €129.99 to buy the latest tablet, or whatever you want really.
    If it breaks down under the 1 year manufacturer warranty, then the €42.99 is put towards the new replacement item, or refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,269 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Ah, post-count building? Welcome to Boards!

Please do not reply to this post unless you are genuinely trying to build you post-count. :)

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭marty_crane

....although I did think it was amusing at the time

One and half years later your tablet 'breaks', you have €129.99 to buy the latest tablet, or whatever you want really.
    If it breaks down under the 1 year manufacturer warranty, then the €42.99 is put towards the new replacement item, or refunded.

Well, in real terms you have €129.99 minus the €42.99 you paid for the insurance one and a half years earlier, which means you have €87 to buy the latest tablet ;)

Well, in real terms you have €129.99 minus the €42.99 you paid for the insurance one and a half years earlier, which means you have €87 to buy the latest tablet ;)

But you have a physical €129.99 to pay for the new tablet with.
    In real real terms it would be paying €172.98 for a new tablet, and 1.5 years later you have €129.99 to pay for a new one.:p

But you have a physical €129.99 to pay for the new tablet with.
    In real real terms it would be paying €172.98 for a new tablet, and 1.5 years later you have €129.99 to pay for a new one.:p

Pretty much sums up the difference between a pessimist and an optimist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

You are covered by law for electronics for up to 6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

I've heard of 2 years but never 6. Can you reference that please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

the_pod wrote: »
    I've heard of 2 years but never 6. Can you reference that please?

From http://www.rte.ie/tv/theafternoonshow/2010/0330/warrantiesandguarantees894.html
    In Ireland as the statute of limitations is 6 years it means you have the right to take a complaint against the retailer to the small claims court for example, within 6 years of purchase. Your consumer rights do diminish with time so that must be taken into account. In addition you have to take into account the expected life span of the product in question. Also, you do not have these rights if you damage or break something yourself.

Paddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

One day I'll click on this thread and there'll be an actual Argos bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

One day I'll click on this thread and there'll be an actual Argos bargain.

2013's best bargain was at Argos.. the LG 3D Smart TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

jpb1974 wrote: »
    2013's best bargain was at Argos.. the LG 3D Smart TV.

I think he means to much chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Lego Figure Torch, 2 for €20 or €13.50 each, takes 3xAAA Batteries so must be large enough. Stock levels not too good.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=9113754

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Deedsie wrote: »
    Would anyone here have any idea when the next €5/10 off your next purchase promotion will be announced?

They have an offer on at the moment - but only for a very limited time! 16/08/2014 - 19/08/2014

Spend €30 on toys and get a €5 voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Anyone know if reductions that happen in the UK branchs follow over here? Have an eye on something and it just got reduced in the UK but not here..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Doge

Sikie wrote: »

The Sale Of Goods act covers us for upto 7 years, so insurance is a waste of time.

Do a search for threads on here about and youll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Doge

ch750536 wrote: »
    You are covered by law for electronics for up to 6 years.

Ooop, didnt see your post first!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

Doge wrote: »
    The Sale Of Goods act covers us for upto 7 years, so insurance is a waste of time.

Do a search for threads on here about and youll see.

You're only covered if it's a fault that occurs. Insurance for most people would be accidental damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

jameshayes wrote: »
    Anyone know if reductions that happen in the UK branchs follow over here? Have an eye on something and it just got reduced in the UK but not here..

is it a bike?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement