Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

So I got a reservation code for 2 of the Asus Memo Pad tablets for €59.99 each off 'Fergald'. He was kind enough to e-mail
    the confirmation onto me so I could print it out and bring it with me. I drove from Wexford down to Clonmel this afternoon.

I went up to the girl at the till, she entered the reservation code into the system. It came up as todays price of €99.99
    each for the tablets. So, I pointed out I had reserved them and the price said €119.98 for both of them. She said oh yeah that's no problem. We
    should honour them alright. So she went and got her manager who entered the over-riding codes into the till. They then went
    out of their way to put them through in such a way that I could get them even cheaper again! :D

They put through 1 tablet and 1 case first of all, charged me €69.48 for the 2 of them. Then gave me a €10 voucher and then proceeded to use that €10
    voucher off the balance of the second tablet & case which cost me €59.48 and then to top it all off as if it couldn't get any better, gave me a €15 voucher
    to use on something else the next day :D

So all in all I got 2 tablets, 2 cases & a €15 Argos voucher for an unreal price of €128.96 :eek: :cool:

Thanks very much once again Fergald, and also soundddd Argos :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Claire222

Anyone have code for Xbox one?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=226%2F7937+

Good reviews and should go nicely with the Vax steam mop:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

When you buy something you reserved in Argos how many days do you have to return it and get your full money back?

When you buy something you reserved in Argos how many days do you have to return it and get your full money back?

"Want to return something you bought in Store?
    Why not take advantage of our great 30-day money-back guarantee?ˆ
    To get your money back, simply return your unwanted item(s) to any store. The item(s) must be unused, in the original packaging and in a saleable condition. Bring your receipt with you* and we'll give you a refund."

http://www.argos.ie/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/ReturnsAndRefunds.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Anyone any codes for Asus they are not using for Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

So has the buy one get one half price on homewares offer finished ? Can't see it on the site or find the post on here ! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Happymchappy

Hi bigcon, can I please have the code. Would love to get it today for my daughters Christmas pressie 🎅

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Also watch out to see if it's exempt from the 30 day guarantee, as you can't return it.

Is Argos the best place to get Titanfall xbox 360 + Wireless Controller, i'm getting it for a nephew for xmas?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Anyone have code for Asus tablet they don't need Waterford/Kilkenny or Clonmel please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Assassins Creed Black Flag €25.99 for PS4 (Probably same for Xbone) Limited enough stock.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1411746.htm

zerks wrote: »
    Assassins Creed Black Flag €25.99 for PS4 (Probably same for Xbone) Limited enough stock.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1411746.htm

I know this is the Argos thread and not everyone wants digital downloads but just so people know you can get Assassins Creed IV Black Flag digital download code for Xbox for just under €9 here:http://gamedealdaily.com/xbox-one/assassins-creed-IV-black-flag-full-game-download/

*Sorry for going off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭smallgarden

I've a spare ps4 bundle reservation for swords, Pm if interested

Gone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    So I got a reservation code for 2 of the Asus Memo Pad tablets for €59.99 each off 'Fergald'. He was kind enough to e-mail
    the confirmation onto me so I could print it out and bring it with me. I drove from Wexford down to Clonmel this afternoon.

I went up to the girl at the till, she entered the reservation code into the system. It came up as todays price of €99.99
    each for the tablets. So, I pointed out I had reserved them and the price said €119.98 for both of them. She said oh yeah that's no problem. We
    should honour them alright. So she went and got her manager who entered the over-riding codes into the till. They then went
    out of their way to put them through in such a way that I could get them even cheaper again! :D

They put through 1 tablet and 1 case first of all, charged me €69.48 for the 2 of them. Then gave me a €10 voucher and then proceeded to use that €10
    voucher off the balance of the second tablet & case which cost me €59.48 and then to top it all off as if it couldn't get any better, gave me a €15 voucher
    to use on something else the next day :D

So all in all I got 2 tablets, 2 cases & a €15 Argos voucher for an unreal price of €128.96 :eek: :cool:

Thanks very much once again Fergald, and also soundddd Argos :cool:

It's stories like this that would make you return to Argos in the future. Well done
    OP and very well done Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

If I buy something using Argos vouchers then return it would I get a voucher or cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭mcw92

damian139 wrote: »
    If I buy something using Argos vouchers then return it would I get a voucher or cash?

Vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,135 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I presume there's nobody with an Asus Memo Pad reserved at €60 that they don't want? Bought a 10 inch tablet for €180 but couldnt turn down the Asus for €60....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I have a code for the PS4 LBP bundle (349euro) for Childers Road Limk. Reserved until close of business, tomorrow evening. Drop me a pm if interested

Update: 01/12/2014 (5:40pm) this code is now gone.

mfceiling wrote: »
    It's stories like this that would make you return to Argos in the future. Well done
    OP and very well done Argos.

It's bargains like this that make me love boards! Wouldn't have known about it only for boards and wouldn't have got the reservation code if it wasn't for a boardsie (Fergald)! :D :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Will Argos have Cyber Monday deals? Going live at 1am I presume like Black Friday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Will Argos have Cyber Monday deals? Going live at 1am I presume like Black Friday?

Per website their current offers ends Monday

784gt6.png

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

I have a code for the Asus memo for Ashbourne store. Email says 59.99, for collection Tuesday 2nd til Thursday 4th. None showing in stock as of now. Anyone want it?

I collected one today in Drogheda. Reservation had said available Wednesday til Thursday but I checked stock levels and collected it early. No problems getting it at the reduced price and I got a €10 voucher too. Very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Siobh73 wrote: »
    I have a code for the Asus memo for Ashbourne store. Email says 59.99, for collection Tuesday 2nd til Thursday 4th. None showing in stock as of now. Anyone want it?

I collected one today in Drogheda. Reservation had said available Wednesday til Thursday but I checked stock levels and collected it early. No problems getting it at the reduced price and I got a €10 voucher too. Very impressive.

I'd love it if you still have it. Tried for a few hours the other nt but had no joy.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

I'd love it if you still have it. Tried for a few hours the other nt but had no joy.
    Thanks.

Just sent you a PM with code

• Registered Users Posts: 9,996 ✭✭✭dodzy

Tipping my had for a memo pad code in the unlikely event one turns up in the greater dublin area :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Ragin'. Bought that Lenovo A10 for 189 the day before they started giving 20 euro vouchers with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Wing126 wrote: »
    Ragin'. Bought that Lenovo A10 for 189 the day before they started giving 20 euro vouchers with it.

Would you recommend it? Have been considering investinh

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

The Lenova Yoga 8" 16gb tablet is back in stock end of this week - current price of 139.99 is valid until tomorrow - I've reserved one at this price - from posts here I am hoping that they will honour that price for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

RockinJoe wrote: »
    Have a PS4 & LBP 3 reservation code for Castlebar I won't be using

PM sent, would appreciate code if you still have it please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gaeilgebearla

If anybody has any of the reservation codes for any ps4 deal in Cork it would be greatly appreciated :)

thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement