Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I got the Dyson on Friday for €189 which is now €279. There was only one in Limerick Extra, saw the leaked HUKD list on Thursday so reserved it at full price and collected at reduced. Girl at collection point gave out because she said she wanted it and at 12:01am it was gone. :D

Tried to argue that it shouldn't be allowed as it was an unfair way of reserving the item. She begrudginly stamped the receipt and off I went with it. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Anyone know that Seagate 2TB HDD that works as a PS4 HDD replacement? was linked in here or another bargain thread recently and I can't find it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

folks, who got their Memo pad how do you find it. Is it worth? Is it fast enough / is the touch screen responsive? any info appreciated.
    I have one reserved for collection.

The Bottom Line For those looking to save a buck, for its low price, the Asus Memo Pad HD 7 has a bevy of useful features, though there are better performing options out there. - CNET Review

http://www.cnet.com/products/asus-memo-pad-hd-7/

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Anyone know that Seagate 2TB HDD that works as a PS4 HDD replacement? was linked in here or another bargain thread recently and I can't find it

Me too reserved the WD 2tb one , hoping it would work for Xbox 360! How much is Seagate 2tb?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,776 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    So I got a reservation code for 2 of the Asus Memo Pad tablets for €59.99 each off 'Fergald'. He was kind enough to e-mail
    the confirmation onto me so I could print it out and bring it with me. I drove from Wexford down to Clonmel this afternoon.

I went up to the girl at the till, she entered the reservation code into the system. It came up as todays price of €99.99
    each for the tablets. So, I pointed out I had reserved them and the price said €119.98 for both of them. She said oh yeah that's no problem. We
    should honour them alright. So she went and got her manager who entered the over-riding codes into the till. They then went
    out of their way to put them through in such a way that I could get them even cheaper again! :D

They put through 1 tablet and 1 case first of all, charged me €69.48 for the 2 of them. Then gave me a €10 voucher and then proceeded to use that €10
    voucher off the balance of the second tablet & case which cost me €59.48 and then to top it all off as if it couldn't get any better, gave me a €15 voucher
    to use on something else the next day :D

So all in all I got 2 tablets, 2 cases & a €15 Argos voucher for an unreal price of €128.96 :eek: :cool:

Thanks very much once again Fergald, and also soundddd Argos :cool:
    It took a lot of arguing with the manager in jervis but eventually I got my asus memo pad 7 for 59.99...its definitely at the managers discretion

• Advertisement

Why is there so many of the laptops on sale not available to purchase ? Is it possible for the store to re order them if you go in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

gmisk wrote: »
    It took a lot of arguing with the manager in jervis but eventually I got my asus memo pad 7 for 59.99...its definitely at the managers discretion

Will let you know how I get on in Dundrum later this week. Don't hold your breath. Still annoyed there is doubt about this. As advertised price with a confirmation mail should be enough to get that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

Re Asus Memo, I just had a quick try last night and found it very responsive. The screen is very clear and I had no problems loading apps for my DD after a slight delay in connecting to Google Play. The camera resolution wasn't great but I was testing it in a somewhat gloomy room so might be better in daylight. It does feel a bit "chunkier" than the Samsung equivalent and the power and volume buttons are awkward to reach but all in all I think it is great value at 59.99 and perfect for my 6yr old from Santa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

damian139 wrote: »
    Would you recommend it? Have been considering investinh

It's not mine, Bought it as a birthday present for my father. But I researched tablets for quite a while and it ended up being recommended as one of the top for that price, so I went with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

gmisk wrote: »

The girl behind the till looked at my reservation email and just changed the price back from 99.99 to 59.99 on Saturday. Even gave me a 10 euro voucher too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

anyone get a memo at 59.99 today? interested to see if they're still honouring it.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

I have a code for the half price Assassins Creed ps4 game in Castlebar if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,776 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

RossieMan wrote: »
    anyone get a memo at 59.99 today? interested to see if they're still honouring it.
    I got mine today at 1ish...took a lot of arguing

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭craggy2

craggy2 wrote: »

Picked up a few of these today and theres an extra 15%off, ends today!! Got 4 annuals for €10.20.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Orchid

Hi guys, is Dyson D35 animal plus free accessories kit a good deal at 219.99? I have a code and I don't know whether to use it or wait for a better offer.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4068196/Trail/searchtext%3EDYSON.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Orchid wrote: »
    Hi guys, is Dyson D35 animal plus free accessories kit a good deal at 219.99? I have a code and I don't know whether to use it or wait for a better offer.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4068196/Trail/searchtext%3EDYSON.htm

Yes. Don't think that it can be got any cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Jervis wouldn't honour my Alien Isolation reservation from friday this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

sweetie wrote: »
    Jervis wouldn't honour my Alien Isolation reservation from friday this evening.

Price went back up Saturday morning, strange thing is the PS3 and 360 versions doubled in price but the PS4 and Xbox One didn't change. I am due to go in there tomorrow to get an Asus tablet if they come in may not bother now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Price went back up Saturday morning, strange thing is the PS3 and 360 versions doubled in price but the PS4 and Xbox One didn't change. I am due to go in there tomorrow to get an Asus tablet if they come in may not bother now.

oh I know it was a one day offer but thought the Asus was too and were honoured. I could have argued but for the sake of a few quid didn't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Sorry should have been clear they were honouring the price on Saturday for Alien Isolation at least they did in my case, I reserved the Asus at €59.99 for collection tomorrow on the kiosk in Jervis so I might get lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 tadhgluis

I bought the Dyson 35 on Sat - love it. Suction is great , very nifty

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭krustycustomer

Couldn't trust that she'll hold her change with that much power.

Got the Dyson DC19T2 today after reserving it on fri and found it best value, 10 euro voucher too, and rang them at 20.50 asking about the extra 15% off, no problem, calling in tomo to collect the vouchers. nice 30 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Quick Q - if you have reservation code available between X and Y date, do you have to wait for another text to confirm it's actually in store or is it available on all/any of those days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭mcw92

Quick Q - if you have reservation code available between X and Y date, do you have to wait for another text to confirm it's actually in store or is it available on all/any of those days?

The 'X' date is the it is supposed to be coming into store via the Delivery. Assuming the item is on the delivery you will get a text that day when the delivery is finished.
    Your best bet to ring the store after lunch to see is the item in.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

George Foreman 19931 7 Portion Entertaining Grill.
    Was €116.99 now €28.99

3 left http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=2283306

Lettekenny, Tullamore and St Stephen's Green, Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Thanks, will try that tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

Marje wrote: »
    Was €116.99 now €28.99

Stephens green one gone unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Orchid

Couldn't trust that she'll hold her change with that much power.

Got the Dyson DC19T2 today after reserving it on fri and found it best value, 10 euro voucher too, and rang them at 20.50 asking about the extra 15% off, no problem, calling in tomo to collect the vouchers. nice 30 quid

I ended up buying the DC35. I got the 10 euro voucher but no one mentioned extra 15% off. Is this up to the shop? I'm in Mahon Cork. What number did you call to check?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,996 ✭✭✭dodzy

Marje wrote: »
    Was €116.99 now €28.99

29 was a good price, but 117 - not a chance in hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭nedd

Philips Head Clippers, Less than half price.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4441586/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHealth+and+personal+care%7C14418350/c_2/3%7C19805475%7CMen%27s+beard+trimmers+and+hair+clippers%7C14418417/c_3/4%7Ccat_14418417%7CHair+clippers%7C14418426.htm

I had one of these and it recently broke (my fault) and I wanted to get a new one, mine was a present that cost the guts of €100. This is a great clipper for people who DIY. The newer one seem quiter and stronger than my original as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement