Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,006 ✭✭✭Autumn Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Was in Stephens Green yesterday collecting a reserved black Friday deal that wasn’t in stock on the day. I had a printout of my reservation. Guy at counter kept saying it was showing up at a higher price. I wasn’t in the mood to call a manager so I said forget it.

Person on next till overheard and said to the guy that she would override the price. She told him herself or a manager could override the price if the customer had a printed copy of their reservation showing the price they reserved it at. She said she always tell customers to bring in printed copies of their reservations showing the reduced price.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Weyhey wrote: »
    Was in Stephens Green yesterday collecting a reserved black Friday deal that wasn’t in stock on the day. I had a printout of my reservation. Guy at counter kept saying it was showing up at a higher price. I wasn’t in the mood to call a manager so I said forget it.

Person on next till overheard and said to the guy that she would override the price. She told him herself or a manager could override the price if the customer had a printed copy of their reservation showing the price they reserved it at. She said she always tell customers to bring in printed copies of their reservations showing the reduced price.
    Wow, opportunity for abuse there with a bit of tweaking in Photoshop!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

I'm just back from the Dundalk store, where I had reserved both the Lenovo Yoga and the Asus Memopad. I put the Memopad in the pay machine and it came up at €99.99, so I cancelled the transaction, the Yoga was €139.99, so I paid for that and got €20 vouchers, I called the manager over and showed her the reservation text ( no email, as I'd reserved instore as the site was close to crashing), a phone call to upstairs, got the Memopad for €39 with the vouchers, paid and got another voucher!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 panman

I managed to reserve a Phillips Bluetooth Speaker for €22.79 on Saturday morning. It's current price is €106.94.

Have to collect from wednesday. What's the odds that they will honour this price?

It's the Philips Bluetooth Portable NFC 10W Speaker BT3500B. Can't post links....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

panman wrote: »
    I managed to reserve a Phillips Bluetooth Speaker for €22.79 on Saturday morning. It's current price is €106.94.

Have to collect from wednesday. What's the odds that they will honour this price?

It's the Philips Bluetooth Portable NFC 10W Speaker BT3500B. Can't post links....

From their terms and conditions (Payment Section)

4.3 The price you pay is the price displayed on the website at the time we receive the reservation or order, apart from the following exception:
    a) Online price errors. If we discover an error in the price of goods ordered or reserved, we will inform you as soon as possible (this may be a conversation in store) and provide you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you choose to cancel and have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
    If you reserve a product and the price changes before you get to store to collect the item you will pay the price you reserved the item at. If your reservation expires however the price paid for the item will be the "current" selling price of the item when the purchase is made
    Please note that this does not include FastTrack orders where the price you pay is the price specified at the point of placing an order and not the price on collection of your products from the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

thanks for the heads up...just got the text confirming my order is ready for collection...i'll print the reservation email.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Whats happening

Asus reserved at €59.99 on Friday honored in limerick Childers road today..

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Asus reserved at €59.99 on Friday honored in limerick Childers road today..

Cheers. Hoping Dundrum do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

ninty wrote: »
    From their terms and conditions (Payment Section)

4.3 The price you pay is the price displayed on the website at the time we receive the reservation or order, apart from the following exception:
    a) Online price errors. If we discover an error in the price of goods ordered or reserved, we will inform you as soon as possible (this may be a conversation in store) and provide you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you choose to cancel and have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
    If you reserve a product and the price changes before you get to store to collect the item you will pay the price you reserved the item at. If your reservation expires however the price paid for the item will be the "current" selling price of the item when the purchase is made
    Please note that this does not include FastTrack orders where the price you pay is the price specified at the point of placing an order and not the price on collection of your products from the store.

Just checked and 4.3 (a) has now changed

www.Argos.ie/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/TermsAndConditions.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

MICKEYG wrote: »

Notice these were last updated on the 23rd May 2007,my one is last updated July 2014 but may be from the English site,trying to track it down again but if your right we seem to be treated differently here.Yes it is link

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Imaginext Castle €33.49 http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=2621418

Imaginext stuff is brilliant as it's nearly indestructible,my kids have great fun with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

zerks wrote: »
    Imaginext Castle €33.49 http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=2621418

Imaginext stuff is brilliant as it's nearly indestructible,my kids have great fun with it.

Great price. Smyths are €64.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Got my Asus tab in Argos this afternoon, had to be fairly definite that I wasn't moving before they agreed. Manager went off to ring somebody and eventually came back with a YES.

Thanks so much to Siobh73 for the code. Really appreciate it :)

... and thanks to OP for tipping us all off. Gotta love BA thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Picked up an Asus tab this afternoon, (reserved at the reduced price but had to be ordered) it was available for collection from today.

No hesitation from staff about giving it at the reduced price.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

Delighted you got it deiseindublin! One more thing off the list.... Strange how different stores have such different approaches. I had no difficulty at all in Drogheda Store on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Picked up Asus tab in Waterford today no problem whatsoever in giving it for the 59.99 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

In the desperate hope that some one has a reservation they don't want, please pm me!

For the Asus tab, ta

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Anyone recommend a case stand for the Asus?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

In the desperate hope that some one has a reservation they don't want, please pm me!

For the Asus tab, ta

pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

any reservations for the asus in Castlebar would go down a treat. Tried reserving friday but didnt get a code in my email. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Anyone have a spare reservation code for the Asus for a Cork or Killarney store? Would be very grateful. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 celbo75

Have a reservation number for Memopad in Liffey Valley, Dublin which can be collected from tomorrow until Friday. Price on reservation says 59.99 - anyone need it?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Me please

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭craggy2

celbo75 wrote: »
    Have a reservation number for Memopad in Liffey Valley, Dublin which can be collected from tomorrow until Friday. Price on reservation says 59.99 - anyone need it?

Yes please!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 celbo75

fall wrote: »
    Me please

Will pm you the details now

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Brilliant thank you so much

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Anyone have code for Asus in Waterford they are not using would love to get one at reduced price.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Adrian4

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2440819/Trail/searchtext%3ESTUBBLE.htm

Wahl WM8541-802X Lithium Stubble Trimmer was €14.10 tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I was watching till screen today for a different product that had gone up since reserving and manager selected option of pay at reserved price. There was also option of emailing me my receipt....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement