Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Adrian4 wrote: »
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2440819/Trail/searchtext%3ESTUBBLE.htm

Wahl WM8541-802X Lithium Stubble Trimmer was €14.10 tonight.

Great work, thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,996 ✭✭✭dodzy

How are the Asus memopad res codes still doing the rounds ? I thought the deal was well finished, along with the 48hr codes ??

I'd gladly take one or two though!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

TheDriver wrote: »
    I was watching till screen today for a different product that had gone up since reserving and manager selected option of pay at reserved price. There was also option of emailing me my receipt....

bought something in Argos 2 weeks ago, still waiting for email of receipt....

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

nedd wrote: »

I just reserved this and it is coming up at slightly less than the advertised price of €31.87.

When I click reserve, the price changes to €29.99

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I just reserved this and it is coming up at slightly less than the advertised price of €31.87.

When I click reserve, the price changes to €29.99

Just clicked on that link and it comes up straight away as €29.99 for me. Maybe they were in the middle of adjusting the price when you reserved it? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭TechFreak

I know this is probably hopeless but does anyone have a spare reservation code for the Asus in Dublin or Kildare?

Looks like I seriously missed the boat on this one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

TechFreak wrote: »
    I know this is probably hopeless but does anyone have a spare reservation code for the Asus in Dublin or Kildare?

Looks like I seriously missed the boat on this one :(

PM sent - St Stephens Green. Reserved at 59.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Green Luxury Imperial Christmas Tree - 6ft - €17.80
    Green Luxury Imperial Christmas Tree - 7ft - €24.59

Cheap for articifical trees so close to Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

nedd wrote: »
    Philips Head Clippers, Less than half price.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4441586/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHealth+and+personal+care%7C14418350/c_2/3%7C19805475%7CMen%27s+beard+trimmers+and+hair+clippers%7C14418417/c_3/4%7Ccat_14418417%7CHair+clippers%7C14418426.htm

I had one of these and it recently broke (my fault) and I wanted to get a new one, mine was a present that cost the guts of €100. This is a great clipper for people who DIY. The newer one seem quiter and stronger than my original as well.

Had the old 1 and broke the plastic head, entirely my fault. If this is anything like the old model then its a steal at 30. Thanks for the find.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Guffy

So I know I'm late to the party but if anyone has code for asus in Galway/Dublin or surrounds I would be very appreciative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

celbo75 wrote: »
    Have a reservation number for Memopad in Liffey Valley, Dublin which can be collected from tomorrow until Friday. Price on reservation says 59.99 - anyone need it?
    Collected it this morning. No fuss about the price. Thanks so much for the code. I am delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Basq wrote: »
    Green Luxury Imperial Christmas Tree - 6ft - €17.80
    Green Luxury Imperial Christmas Tree - 7ft - €24.59

Cheap for articifical trees so close to Christmas!

darn picked up the 6ft one on Monday for 26
    decent tree for the price

if you can get the much better quality one for 25 in b&q

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Any other asus memopad tablet codes for dublin (pref centre), naas, carlow on the go please? Apparently my folks want one of them androids for festivus now... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Hey look!
    A separate thread for Argos reservation codes - what a great Idea!

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057337978/1/#post93288885

Just got this e-mail off Argos saying a PS4 with Last of Us, Fifa 15 and The Crew for €349.99. Knew it was too good to be true! Obviously a mistake, comes up as €399.99 on website.

QYLsGRJ.png

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dawnied

Breville halo health fryer 905/5908 was €169.99 now less than half price at €77.99

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Just got this e-mail off Argos saying a PS4 with Last of Us, Fifa 15 and The Crew for €349.99. Knew it was too good to be true! Obviously a mistake, comes up as €399.99 on website.

QYLsGRJ.png

Seems like Argos have trouble with currencies. It's £350 on the UK site

Seems like Argos have trouble with currencies. It's £350 on the UK site

Yeah I kind of figured that afterwards when I had a look on Argos.co.uk

My brother in law is looking to get a PS4 for my nephew for Christmas so sent him this. It's probably the best price for one....

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Zane97

Wonder will they honour it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Argos are actually really showing up all the other retailers lately with their offers, especially so in tech.

Robbie G wrote: »
    Wonder will they honour it?

Possibly but the thing is you'd have to reserve it, unless you got really lucky, and when you reserve it it'll show as the proper price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Collected two of the Asus tablets from Argos (Stephens Green) this morning. Showed up as €99.99 on the self-service but showed the emails with the €59.99 price and it was no problem. Even got a €10 gift card for each one. Great result.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

Will appreciate if someone can send me asus tablet code for Dublin.
    Thank in advance

Will appreciate if someone can send me asus tablet code for Dublin.
    Thank in advance

There's a new thread for asking for reservation codes now :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057337978&page=1#post93288885

Edit: Only need to post there, posting there and here defeats the purpose of the other thread! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Collected my two Asus 7" tablets today in Dundrum. No problem in giving me reservation price despite what I was told on Saturday. Also gave me 2 €10 vouchers. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

After reading the aggro some people got in Dundrum trying to get the Asus tablets for €59.99 I was dreading going in today but I am sitting here happy as Larry having gotten the tablet for the cheaper price AND I got the €10 voucher. Manager had to over ride the displayed price but she was lovely about it, no issue whatsoever.

Phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Guffy

Just a question with regard picking up the Asus tab on reservation. Will I need to show them a copy of the email or will the code on its own be enough? (got a code from a fellow bordsie so heading to blanchardstown tomorrow)

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

gufc21 wrote: »
    Just a question with regard picking up the Asus tab on reservation. Will I need to show them a copy of the email or will the code on its own be enough? (got a code from a fellow bordsie so heading to blanchardstown tomorrow)

as far as I know, and from previous posts you need the printed confirmation, maybe he/she can forward you on the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

gufc21 wrote: »

I think the code shows the regular price when they input it. I'd want the email if it was me. Picking one up later myself and I'll have the email at the ready. If I just had the code I'd find it hard to explain the different price. Maybe request that you get forwarded the email?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭mcw92

Kindle HDX 16GB back down to €129

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement