Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

gufc21 wrote: »
    Just a question with regard picking up the Asus tab on reservation. Will I need to show them a copy of the email or will the code on its own be enough? (got a code from a fellow bordsie so heading to blanchardstown tomorrow)

If you can, get them to forward the email or even just take a screenshot of it and send it to you then have it on your phone or tablet to be safe

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Needed to replace my beard trimmer after loosing the old one's charger. Found this.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2745277/Trail/searchtext%3EREMINGTON+BEARD.htm

Had two €10 vouchers for argos, and yesterdays price was 21.49. And micro usb charging. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Phantom99

gufc21 wrote: »
    Just a question with regard picking up the Asus tab on reservation. Will I need to show them a copy of the email or will the code on its own be enough? (got a code from a fellow bordsie so heading to blanchardstown tomorrow)

It may depend on who you are dealing with. I just gave the code with no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭flyandrain

the Dyson DC 35 cost me 219 on Sunday, did not realise the promotion code has not been used at the time of purchase until today, went back to Dundrum Argos, the lady in red jumper went off with receipt, came back in a few secs,and told me there is no 15% off applied to Dyson, cos it is not home-ware. but i insist to get customer care office number, she opens one argos book and quotes telephone number (1800535091) from the book,but when i got home, make a call with number, it says the number is not reachable from my region.

so my question is whether the 15% applied to Dyson? and what should i do now?

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

flyandrain wrote: »
    the Dyson DC 35 cost me 219 on Sunday, did not realise the promotion code has not been used at the time of purchase until today, went back to Dundrum Argos, the lady in red jumper went off with receipt, came back in a few secs,and told me there is no 15% off applied to Dyson, cos it is not home-ware. but i insist to get customer care office number, she opens one argos book and quotes telephone number (1800535091) from the book,but when i got home, make a call with number, it says the number is not reachable from my region.

so my question is whether the 15% applied to Dyson? and what should i do now?

thanks.

That number is for home deliveries, (and they have different numbers for that depending on whether you phone from a landline or mobile). I don't think hoovers come under "Home ware".

Here's the contact numbers and email address:

CONTACT US

If you can't find the information you're looking for on this page or any of our other customer services pages, you can contact us by email, phone or post. In order to get the quickest answer possible, please use the appropriate contact details below.
    For general enquiries about our website:

Email info@argos.ie (please enter Argos Ireland website enquiry in the email subject line)
    Telephone 0044 845 640 2020*
    Write to us at Argos Direct, Acton Gate, Stafford, ST18 9AR, England.

*The Internet Customer Service team is usually available during the following times:

Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm
    Saturday 8am to 5pm
    Sunday 9am to 5pm

(For security and training purposes, telephone calls to and from Customer Service Centres may be recorded and monitored)

For enquiries about Argos or any of our stores:

Email info@argos.ie (please enter Argos Ireland general enquiry in the email subject line)
    Telephone 0044 845 640 3030
    Write to us at Argos LTD, 489-499 Avebury Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 2NW, England.

For enquiries about existing home delivery orders:

Telephone 1800 535 091 (landline) or 015245387 (mobile).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Anyone else still waiting on the asus tablet to come back into stock? I have a reservation for carlow telling me it should be in between 1 & 3rd, no stock in yet & girl at customer services told me this evening that my reservation runs out tonight, ??? Anyone else the same? She also told me i wouldn't get it at the reserved price anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

denis160 wrote: »
    Anyone else still waiting on the asus tablet to come back into stock? I have a reservation for carlow telling me it should be in between 1 & 3rd, no stock in yet & girl at customer services told me this evening that my reservation runs out tonight, ??? Anyone else the same? She also told me i wouldn't get it at the reserved price anyway?

I've just had the same experience and have sent the following email to info@argos.ie

Am very annoyed!

To whom it concerns

I went to pick up this order today and was told it was unavailable. Why?

I spent one hour trying to reserve it on Friday and was finally successful. I then took time off to go in to the store today to pick it up. What a disgrace!

I am furious and was given no explanation by customer service other than they had none and none would be coming.

I would appreciate a response at your earliest convenience.
    I should have been offered a superior model at the reserved price.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 9,996 ✭✭✭dodzy

Grawns wrote: »
    I've just had the same experience and have sent the following email to info@argos.ie

Am very annoyed!

To whom it concerns

I went to pick up this order today and was told it was unavailable. Why?

I spent one hour trying to reserve it on Friday and was finally successful. I then took time off to go in to the store today to pick it up. What a disgrace!

I am furious and was given no explanation by customer service other than they had none and none would be coming.

I would appreciate a response at your earliest convenience.
    I should have been offered a superior model at the reserved price.

Regards
    Eh, no you should not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

dodzy wrote: »
    Eh, no you should not.

In the uk people who reserved dyson 35's were given dyson 44's presumably as dyson 35 were out of stock. I'm not asking for special treatment, I'm asking for similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭krustycustomer

Orchid wrote: »
    I ended up buying the DC35. I got the 10 euro voucher but no one mentioned extra 15% off. Is this up to the shop? I'm in Mahon Cork. What number did you call to check?

Also In Mahon, Went in the yest and they didnt honour the code.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

In the uk people who reserved dyson 35's were given dyson 44's presumably as dyson 35 were out of stock. I'm not asking for special treatment, I'm asking for similar.

They are under no obligation to give you anything , theres no contract or anything close to one. They don't have it. If you want a dyson 44 can't reserve you one of those and pay for that. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

Picked up the Asus earlier in Stephen's green @ 59.99. No issue whatsoever. Probably wasn't the first today tho which helps. Came With a 10EUR voucher. Excellent service all round. Used the 10 off the kindle fire at 129 which gave a further 20 in vouchers. Some presents sorted.

In all fairneess, I think Argos have been right up there this year. Some fantastic deals, and seldom any unhappy punters once they brought the reservation details. They have gained a fan here, for sure.

If I had got an Asus tab, I'd have taken a picture of it with my new Nikon D3200 and posted it here as proof :D

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blackphoenix626

Anyone here know what the story with the argos PS4 E399 bundle is, no where in Ireland has the last of us to complete the bundle deal.

I have all the other things necessary reserved until friday, anyone any idea when they will restock it.

Its pretty dumb if you ask me, there last deal was ps4 and the last of us for E379, that sold out and now they bring on a new deal and add in a item thats sold out...wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Is there a new ps4 coming out soon? Different size hard drive or something like that? would explain why they seem to be letting their stocks go down so low.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭private

calex71 wrote: »
    They are under no obligation to give you anything , theres no contract or anything close to one. They don't have it. If you want a dyson 44 can't reserve you one of those and pay for that. :confused:

I think there is some kind of contract. It happened to me and when I phoned the helpline I got an apology and then was put in a queue but hung up after 5 mins as I didn't want to pay phone bill to UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭creambun

Got the Asus for €59.99 in Waterford tks to op

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Is there a new ps4 coming out soon? Different size hard drive or something like that? would explain why they seem to be letting their stocks go down so low.

Could be but they'd probably announce it at E3 first which isn't until next Summer. But they're also having an event this weekend so could also announce that there

private wrote: »
    I think there is some kind of contract
    Nope, there ain't. Not at reservation stage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Anyone here know what the story with the argos PS4 E399 bundle is, no where in Ireland has the last of us to complete the bundle deal.

I have all the other things necessary reserved until friday, anyone any idea when they will restock it.

Its pretty dumb if you ask me, there last deal was ps4 and the last of us for E379, that sold out and now they bring on a new deal and add in a item thats sold out...wtf?

Agreed. How dumb is this. How are Argos able to advertise a bundle that is valid only with all participating items being available, but one of the items is sold out entirely throughout the country????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

they had a few of them at the beginning. Its now sold out. good deals sell out quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

ando wrote:
    Agreed. How dumb is this. How are Argos able to advertise a bundle that is valid only with all participating items being available, but one of the items is sold out entirely throughout the country????

I'm sure if you went into the store they would override and give a different game

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

dunworth1 wrote: »
    I'm sure if you went into the store they would override and give a different game

Depends on who you get.
    I tried that in mahon point with the Xbox deal last month and got nowhere...: (

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blackphoenix626

dunworth1 wrote: »

Tried that today and they didnt want to hear about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Would love a code for Waterford please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Scared Hitless 2

creambun wrote: »
    Got the Asus for €59.99 in Waterford tks to op

What was the Asus deal?

What was the Asus deal?
    Tablet. 7". Memopad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

dodzy wrote: »
    Tablet. 7". Memopad.

How did you get this? Might be an ideal present for me to buy to donate to SVP coz was thinking of making a donation of about €40 in gifts but could go the extra bit and make some child's Christmas amazing.

Witchie wrote: »
    How did you get this? Might be an ideal present for me to buy to donate to SVP coz was thinking of making a donation of about €40 in gifts but could go the extra bit and make some child's Christmas amazing.
    I was one of the sods that was working when it went live so I missed it. Plenty of boardsies secured the deal and there were codes floating around right up till today. I've been asking on the Argos Reservation Codes thread here. No joy unfortunately :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

what time are the argos reductions applied to stock?

I presume it is early as when I go to stock checker the item I was watching was long gone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement