Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Phantom99 wrote: »
    Yes but sometimes with great difficulty. I tried 3 checkouts yesterday in my local Tesco and only 1 would do it

Was it a self service or was it the manned till person that was refusing?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Phantom99 wrote: »
    Yes but sometimes with great difficulty. I tried 3 checkouts yesterday in my local Tesco and only 1 would do it

Just back from Tesco where I used the Aldi €20off€100 to purchase Argos and Tesco gift cards, no issue, got €300 for €240

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Kneelson

slave1 wrote: »
    Just back from Tesco where I used the Aldi €20off€100 to purchase Argos and Tesco gift cards, no issue, got €300 for €240

nice!! Money for nothin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

Off into Argos to get the BT8500 Tripe Pack for €103.99 (cheapest I could find in Dublin).

Are there any verbal codes, nods, winks or secret hand shakes worth trying to get a few sheckles off at this late stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

slave1 wrote: »

When i asked yer wan in the Customer service till, she looked at me like i had two heads, as i was getting less than a few things at till inc phone credit & enquired about the vouchers for gift cards, as it could be handy for someone there after xmas.

What's the process, just buy €300 & give over 3 vouchers...

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Does anyone know when the 25% off homeware ends? I've reserved a light but it won't be in.until Monday so am just wondering if I'll still get 25% off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Cathy.C wrote: »
    Off into Argos to get the BT8500 Tripe Pack for €103.99 (cheapest I could find in Dublin).

Are there any verbal codes, nods, winks or secret hand shakes worth trying to get a few sheckles off at this late stage?

Absolutely, and if you find a leprauchan they will bewitch the cashier as well.:D

I never knew Tesco did gift cards for Argos. I'm wondering if it's a Dublin thing only....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

Absolutely, and if you find a leprauchan they will bewitch the cashier as well.:D

They're on Jervis St too. Perfect ;D

I've reserved it now anyway so most likely too late to use a code or voucher for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I never knew Tesco did gift cards for Argos. I'm wondering if it's a Dublin thing only....
    Nope. Bought 4x €25 in the Crescent yesterday, and no fuss with the Aldi voucher either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Phantom99

Armelodie wrote: »
    Was it a self service or was it the manned till person that was refusing?

I tried self service one of the days but they said the card had to be activated at the till.

At the tills 3 out of 4 refused me even with 50 euro groceries and 50 euro gift card to total 100 euro.

Dont bother trying in Headford road, Galway.

In the end I got a sweet old lady who just read the Aldi conditions and put it through for me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

When i asked yer wan in the Customer service till, she looked at me like i had two heads, as i was getting less than a few things at till inc phone credit & enquired about the vouchers for gift cards, as it could be handy for someone there after xmas.

What's the process, just buy €300 & give over 3 vouchers...

Thanks.

Three separate transactions, I got two €50 Tesco Vouchers each time and handed an Aldi €20 coupon, did it at the customer service desk...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

jellybear wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the 25% off homeware ends? I've reserved a light but it won't be in.until Monday so am just wondering if I'll still get 25% off.

Think it ended today.

peckerhead wrote: »
    Nope. Bought 4x €25 in the Crescent yesterday, and no fuss with the Aldi voucher either.

Brilliant!! I've changed tactics however....I'm gonna try for Tesco gift cards to the value of €100 for €80 and give them to someone who does a big shop there and hopefully get the €20.

Peckerhead did you go to the hardware/toys section or the regular groceries part?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Just the regular groceries section. At the end of several checkout aisles there's a display stand with various different gift cards/vouchers. The cashier actually had a bit of hassle getting the Argos gift cards to scan, and had to get a manager over to do it, but neither of them raised an eyebrow at me using the voucher. The only other thing I bought was a packet of paracetamol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

peckerhead wrote: »
    Just the regular groceries section. At the end of several checkout aisles there's a display stand with various different gift cards/vouchers. The cashier actually had a bit of hassle getting the Argos gift cards to scan, and had to get a manager over to do it, but neither of them raised an eyebrow at me using the voucher. The only other thing I bought was a packet of paracetamol.

No real headaches either way so...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

Cross Men's Strap Watch and Pen Set. 238/9372 - €13.99 was €69.99

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Hitachi 42" LED Smart tv down to €299. Anyone got any experience with these. Mixed reviews online. Very tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭ALS

any reservation codes for Dublin ?

="drinkingwater;93568073"]Cross Men's Strap Watch and Pen Set. 238/9372 - €13.99 was €69.99[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Hitachi 42" LED Smart tv down to €299. Anyone got any experience with these. Mixed reviews online. Very tempting.

Looking at this myself. Bargain price! Would saorview guide and all work perfectly on this?

• Advertisement

Hope everyone's happily enjoying their bargain Asus tablets this morning. I sure am :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭mcw92

Very good value laptop on sale for a actual shop with good stock

The CPU, is comparable to a lot of popular i3's such as the i3-3210M.
    6GB and 1TB HD is more than enough IMO.

Down from €479.99 to €359.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭seanl77

I have a spare reservation code for the cross watch & pen set €13.99 for the store in Naas. Managed to get one closer, PM me if interested

Code gone ...

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Cross Men's Strap Watch and Pen Set. 238/9372 - €13.99 was €69.99

Anyone have code for Waterford they don't want?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Hope everyone's happily enjoying their bargain Asus tablets this morning. I sure am :D

What ones are these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Tinie wrote: »
    What ones are these?

Black Friday Argos ones I presume.

Tinie wrote: »
    What ones are these?
    Black Friday Argos ones I presume.

Yeah this Asus 8gb tablet was down to €59 for black Friday sales with a €10 bonus voucher too.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2827487/Trail/searchtext%3EASUS+TABLET+8GB.htm

Very pleased with mine, absolute bargain for the price :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I got a code from seanl77 for the Cross Watch and Pen for Naas and wont be able to make it to collect tomorrow.

PM me if you want it.

Code Gone !!

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

All xmas annuals reduced to 0.99 Linky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    All xmas annuals reduced to 0.99 Linky

Cheers, just bagged a few.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement