Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Has anyone tried reserving one over the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I got an email confirming my reservation at the cheap price for 2 of them. Hopefully they honour them when I collect next Tues.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I had that blank e-mail thing as well. Same happened with luggage I spotted on HUKD. Ah well. Worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

There will probably be a bulletin on the till for the sales assistant to read out explaining that there was an error on the website. The price doesn't have to be honored if you are told about the error at point of purchase. I will check it out when I'm back in work tomorrow and let ye know.

It says on website you can pay by card for items reserved on the quick pay machines .Would that be better chance of getting them if they arrive into store ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

shardylan wrote: »
    It says on website you can pay by card for items reserved on the quick pay machines .Would that be better chance of getting them if they arrive into store ?

Yup, I'd say so too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭cena

I just reserved an item but it won't be available from tomorrow till Saturday. Offer ends on Friday for the item.
    Well I still get it at that price it is at till Friday, if it doesn't come in till Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

if you bring in the email they'll usually honour it.
    Can this information be added to a sticky? its asked every single page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

RossieMan wrote: »
    if you bring in the email they'll usually honour it.
    Can this information be added to a sticky? its asked every single page.

Even when the email doesn't have a reservation number?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Guffy

With regard printing out the email. I assume showing it to them on the phone is ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

shardylan wrote: »

It depends which price comes up on the kiosk I have a feeling it will be the higher price though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Tried calling to reserve the drawers and it says "sorry we have just run out of stock and I cannot make a reservation". It won't arrange for pick up either

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Alright, I kind of found a glitchy loophole to order for collection but it's very unreliable and only worked for me once, but for those who REALLY want these drawers and are willing to possibly spend an extra €97.98 to get the 1 drawer bedside set, do this:

Click to reserve the 4 drawer set like normal

When you get to your trolley, there will be an option to add the 1 drawer set to your order. Click this.

This will make two two appear in your trolley for a total of €120.96

When you choose which stores to deliver to, choose TWO DIFFERENT STORES. This will more than likely also reserve both for delivery and ready for collection on different start dates but end on the same date.

If it works, it will show up with both being reserved like normal but the last few times I've tried again it's shown up as only the 1 drawer set being reserved and the 4 set highlighted as 'out of stock', so like I said it's pretty unreliable.

Proof it worked for me:

Edit: lol, clearly not thinking straight, left the res codes uncensored , let's just hope any boardsies who may have seen are honest :p

ctT2b8D.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Coming up as:

The following items were not purchased
    New Denver 4 Drawer Chest - White. 333/7062

€91.92

Out of stock

(For the record- If I got 4- they are for use at home, we need them- they are not for resale- we have a stupid amount of clothes etc- and having some matching furniture for the children's bedrooms would be great.)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Claire222

Alright, I kind of found a glitchy loophole to order for collection but it's very unreliable and only worked for me once, but for those who REALLY want these drawers and are willing to possibly spend an extra €97.98 to get the 1 drawer bedside set, do this:

Click to reserve the 4 drawer set like normal

When you get to your trolley, there will be an option to add the 1 drawer set to your order. Click this.

This will make two two appear in your trolley for a total of €120.96

When you choose which stores to deliver to, choose TWO DIFFERENT STORES. This will more than likely also reserve both for delivery and ready for collection on different start dates but end on the same date.

If it works, it will show up with both being reserved like normal but the last few times I've tried again it's shown up as only the 1 drawer set being reserved and the 4 set highlighted as 'out of stock', so like I said it's pretty unreliable.

Proof it worked for me:

Edit: lol, clearly not thinking straight, left the res codes uncensored , let's just hope any boardsies who may have seen are honest :p

ctT2b8D.jpg

Didn't work for me :( anyone have a spare code for Dublin :)

I swear- someone in their IT department must be monitoring this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Claire222

I swear- someone in their IT department must be monitoring this thread!

I reckon so 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

of course we are

of course we are

In which case- you can cancel all those orders for the 1 drawer set @ 90 Euro odd each- none of us have any intention of picking them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

In which case- you can cancel all those orders for the 1 drawer set @ 90 Euro odd each- none of us have any intention of picking them up.

like we f**king care about your fake orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

I asked a member of staff in my local store who said they were that price on the Argos system and there was no bulletin about the price being wrong and I should get it for that price when reservation arrives :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

if argos honour that price they deserve massive credit. Can't see why in the world they would though.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

nava wrote:
    Getting same as you, maybe they have x number on the system so once it goes over that number we get out of stock, or as you said they noticed the mistake.

yeah i got a confirmation email today but no details of my order on it. no text received yet either. not looking good!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

GaGa21 wrote: »
    yeah i got a confirmation email today but no details of my order on it. no text received yet either. not looking good!

Just ordered one now in Dublin, it showed up on check argos got confirmation text and email, will head over to store to collect in the morning, hopefully no problems.Has anyone managed to pick one up yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

One in stock in Limerick (Childers rd)

yellow hen wrote: »
    One in stock in Limerick (Childers rd)

Wasn't there when I got mine, worth keeping an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

meathman0 wrote: »
    Wasn't there when I got mine, worth keeping an eye on.

Yep gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

Anyone actually get one- are they nice quality?

Looks like they may have done a little work on the website overnight.
    Some of the ambiguities during the ordering process- have been ironed out.
    Suffice to say- this is no longer available- pity.........
    Well done to anyone who got it- it seems like a very good buy.

Looks like they may have done a little work on the website overnight.
    Some of the ambiguities during the ordering process- have been ironed out.
    Suffice to say- this is no longer available- pity.........
    Well done to anyone who got it- it seems like a very good buy.

Pricked mine up on Nutgrove just now, thanks OP , they couldn't find it offered me refund and €10 good will voucher, said no then they found it😪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement