Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

They are available to be reserved in cruises street limerick now. Get a code and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 FiftyTwo

I have a reseveration code for Swords - valid until tomorrow (I reserved one in Ilac instead) if it's any use to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Pinkycharm wrote: »
    They are available to be reserved in cruises street limerick now. Get a code and all!

They can be ordered in a few places now
    http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=333%2F7062

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Orchid

It says that it can be ordered for collection in Blackpool Cork but I am unable to reserve it. If it works for anyone and they don't need the code I'll be eternally grateful to get it...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,947 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Even though it is saying that it's available for colletion it doesn't let you do it. Goes to all the way to the end but then says the items were not ordered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Instead of making moolah, why not be a saint and give them to your 2 favorite uncles, Vincent and Paul

It would never make it to a worthy person, staff would have it gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭mydogjack

Have two ordered since couple days ago, can anybody tell me will I actually get them for the €22.98????
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,947 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

mydogjack wrote: »
    Have two ordered since couple days ago, can anybody tell me will I actually get them for the €22.98????
    Thanks

You won't. Just send me a PM with the reservation code and I'll dispose of it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23 FiftyTwo

Thanks

Print out your reservation confirmation and go to the customer service area with it - should be no problem. Would appreciate hearing what the quality is like when you have put it together.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭mydogjack

My reservation email was generic and blank. NO reservation number, is this normal? I did a print screen of the reserving process with my number, email, price and location.

Has anybody else received an email without a reservation code?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

My reservation email was generic and blank. NO reservation number, is this normal? I did a print screen of the reserving process with my number, email, price and location.

Has anybody else received an email without a reservation code?

Happened me before for the cheap Asus tablets. Didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

mydogjack wrote:

same here and still waiting on the text with code too. supposed to be ready tomorrow so will see what happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

If you get an email with no reservation number you are very unlikely to get it. This happens when the system mistakenly shows more stock than is actually there. Happened to me a few times before.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Thanks

Yes. It's that price because it's being cleared from stock apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Yes. It's that price because it's being cleared from stock apparently.

Got the new catalogue last night and I'm sure these are still in it for €111.00 ?

Did anyone manage to collect their reservation for this for the €22.89 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

It dosent seem this item is being discontinued its in the new catalogue

I have a reservation for it at 22.89 has anyone had any problems collecting their reservation at this price ?

2640097. Mispriced Mac Book Air for €110. Out of Stock and wouldn't let me reserve!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Is there a general tip or trick for spotting mispriced items, or is it purely pot luck guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Is there a general tip or trick for spotting mispriced items, or is it purely pot luck guys?

Well the Mac can be seen here: http://argos.scanner.today/ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Thewife wrote: »
    It dosent seem this item is being discontinued its in the new catalogue

I have a reservation for it at 22.89 has anyone had any problems collecting their reservation at this price ?

I got mine Thursday at €22.98 on self service , price now gone up to €111.99
    so you will have to go to customer service with your reservasion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 niamhdeego

I have a reservation for the MacBook at €110 what is the chance of the reserved price being honoured.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

niamhdeego wrote: »
    I have a reservation for the MacBook at €110 what is the chance of the reserved price being honoured.

Thanks

Give it to me and i'll let you know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,143 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Thanks

They have no obligation to sell at that price. Argos have been very good at honouring stuff in the past but this would be madness for them to sell. They would be making a €700 or 800 loss

Edit: They seem to be doing E-receipts now if you buy a reserved product.

I reserved a 40W soundbar from the other thread and my girlfriend is buying it today, and I just got an email with the reciept. The price was completely wrong (i reserved it at €35, price on the receipt is €130) I rang her there and she said she is in the middle of sorting it, interesting to see what happened!

DOUBLE EDIT: seems to be a reverse mac book :)

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1527197.htm

Save €15, Was €50 now €129.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

Thanks

For lettekenny? I was so close to getting that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Thanks

Go into the store and pay using the kiosk, you might have some luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,143 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Serious price for this:

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1339361

€24.99

91-1339361SPA80UC1431327M.jpg

found via argos.scanner.today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Serious price for this:

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1339361

€24.99

found via argos.scanner.today

Awwwww out of stock most places :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭EITS

calex71 wrote: »
    Awwwww out of stock most places :(

Near galway at all? Reserved a code for a mate but if he doesn't want it (waiting for a reply) I can pass it on to a fellow boardsie

• Registered Users Posts: 25 niamhdeego

Lau2976 wrote: »
    For lettekenny? I was so close to getting that!

You can have my reservation if I don't get to collect it I'll know in the morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

EITS wrote: »
    Near galway at all? Reserved a code for a mate but if he doesn't want it (waiting for a reply) I can pass it on to a fellow boardsie

Other side of the country , more a case of greed over need for me anyway :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement