Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Hococop wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that tech, what did they say?

Anyone here remember the HP touchpad Fiasco - some boardsies had ordered them to store (me included) got delivery text, SOME managers got wind of the bargain cancelled the reservation and bought them themselves. One admitted to me that is what he had done and basically said tough.

If anything spectacular like the macbook was able to go at that price I would say the same would happen again Given the margins on those there is no way it would go unnoticed selling Macs at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1087479/Trail/searchtext%3ESONY+BLUETOOTH.htm

Good price for a well reviewed set of Sony Bluetooth headphones. Was about to buy them yesterday when they were a 10er more!

Got them for cheaper than that in Argos Black Friday + Vodafone were doing them for €30 Christmas + Carphone Warehouse doing them Free with a €89.99 phone - leads me to believe the RRP is inflated a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

wingnut wrote: »
    Got them for cheaper than that in Argos Black Friday + Vodafone were doing them for €30 Christmas + Carphone Warehouse doing them Free with a €89.99 phone - leads me to believe the RRP is inflated a bit.

Damn you man,why didn't you tell me then!! :P:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

I made checkargos , Thankfully argos have not significantly changed their site in over 3 years :pac:

http://argos.scanner.today/ie/ is made by maxiiim, Its a great site and I really think its currently under used!

Sorry for being a little off topic here but did it take you long? Not that I mind the ads on maxiim's site but yours seems to have none which makes it even better, do you pay to keep it up out of your own pocket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Thewife wrote: »
    Does any of you fabulous people have a mac book code for waterford , kilkenny , clonmel or wexford pretty pretty please ?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057337978

• Registered Users Posts: 7,143 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Sorry for being a little off topic here but did it take you long? Not that I mind the ads on maxiim's site but yours seems to have none which makes it even better, do you pay to keep it up out of your own pocket?

It took a couple of weeks maybe, I first made it just as something to do while I was waiting for a new job to start. After I had a proof of concept up and running I shared the link with people here and they seemed to really like it. I implemented some of the suggestions they had at the time (making the calls ajax for example) and released it publicly, have only done minor work to it in the mean time.

All the code is on my github if you are interested in it, should be in my sig below.

Yeah its run out of my own pocket at the moment, its not overly expensive though. Currently I'm hosting it on a VPS with digital ocean which costs $5 a month and it seems to be well able for the load it gets. The domain is €8 or 9 every year too so all in all it costs about €60 a year or so to run at the moment. I have had more expensive hosting in the past, including two months this year at $50 a month (I let a trial expire :o) )

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Claire222

Mac book code for dublin anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Claire222 wrote: »

Go to the designated thread and quit begging here.

Claire222 wrote: »

Go to the designated thread and quit begging here.

• Advertisement

It took a couple of weeks maybe, I first made it just as something to do while I was waiting for a new job to start. After I had a proof of concept up and running I shared the link with people here and they seemed to really like it. I implemented some of the suggestions they had at the time (making the calls ajax for example) and released it publicly, have only done minor work to it in the mean time.

All the code is on my github if you are interested in it, should be in my sig below.

Yeah its run out of my own pocket at the moment, its not overly expensive though. Currently I'm hosting it on a VPS with digital ocean which costs $5 a month and it seems to be well able for the load it gets. The domain is €8 or 9 every year too so all in all it costs about €60 a year or so to run at the moment. I have had more expensive hosting in the past, including two months this year at $50 a month (I let a trial expire :o) )

Well its a fantastic resource to have, thank you.

Send me on your PayPal address and I will throw a few euro your way. Help you out a bit with the hosting.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

zerks wrote: »

All stores were rang today and told to cancel the Mac book Pro reservations as they are a system error due to the catalogue change over. You won't get €1000 off of a Mac Book I'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,143 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Well its a fantastic resource to have, thank you.

Send me on your PayPal address and I will throw a few euro your way. Help you out a bit with the hosting.

Thanks for the offer and I really appreciate it, but if its ok with you could I ask you to donate the few euro to a charity that means something to you I think they could make much better use of than me.

Personally I get a lot out of running the site, It's a great feeling seeing something you've made being used by so many people. Sure it would be nice to make some money from it but I am lucky enough to be in a position where I don't need it to.

Thanks for the offer and I really appreciate it, but if its ok with you could I as you to donate the few euro to a charity that means something to you I think they could make much better use of than me.

Personally I get a lot out of running the site, It's a great feeling seeing something you've made being used by so many people. Sure it would be nice to make some money from it but I am lucky enough to be in a position where I don't need it to.

Not a problem, fair play to you. :)

Should setup a couple of ads on it, one above the banner and one at the bottom of the page, I'd click them every time I used the site which has been a lot lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Corholio wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Did you have to go to the customer service?

No, the price was wrong in the system but a manager just overwrote it at the till when he saw the email price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭dan786

Got the MacBook for €110 this morning, without any hassle. Have two codes for Carlow but there is no way I can make it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

I'll take one for Carlow if available pm please

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭raviravi

dan786 wrote: »
    Got the MacBook for €110 this morning, without any hassle. Have two codes for Carlow but there is no way I can make it there.

Would love one if you still have it and if valid for tomorrow worth a spin😃

I have one code for 2 macbooks. Not 2 codes. My mistake.

I will post it here if I dont get a swap for a code in dublin by tomorrow evening. Code is valid until monday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

I have one code for 2 macbooks. Not 2 codes. My mistake.

I will post it here if I dont get a swap for a code in dublin by tomorrow evening. Code is valid until monday night.

What store did they sell you the Macbook at 110 in? No hassle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Me and raviravi will work something out. I'm not far as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Go Halfs with you. You take one I take one :)
    raviravi wrote: »
    Would love one if you still have it and if valid for tomorrow worth a spin😃

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭EITS

Dibs?

How did you manage to get one? I wanna see proof :D

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Please please please I'm begging you

• Registered Users Posts: 25 niamhdeego

I'd love a mac code for Carlow could trade a code for hard drive naas.

Apologies for blocking up thread with code request.

Best of luck to ppl trying to get mac book 😉

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭EITS

Fair play, at least someone got on :D

Lmao that is insane, hope you shook the managers hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 niamhdeego

Well done

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement