Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Soarer

Not to go all Joe Duffy on it, but surely if you have a reservation code and pay at the kiosk, a contract is formed, payment is made, and the goods are yours? Irrespective of what the manager might say?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭dan786

Soarer wrote: »
    Not to go all Joe Duffy on it, but surely if you have a reservation code and pay at the kiosk, a contract is formed, payment is made, and the goods are yours? Irrespective of what the manager might say?

Contract is made once the payment is made. Then they have to give it you. No matter what.

They have the right to change the price before you hand over any money and its up to you to decide if your still willing to buy it for the changed price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

dan786 wrote: »
    Contract is made once the payment is made. Then they have to give it you. No matter what.

They have the right to change the price before you hand over any money and its up to you to decide if your still willing to buy it for the changed price.

Was it the self service you used?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Soarer

dan786 wrote: »

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

So if you price you reserved at comes up on the self serve and you pay there and then, the goods are yours.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Soarer wrote: »
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

So if you price you reserved at comes up on the self serve and you pay there and then, the goods are yours.

Yep, reservation is pretty much the same as you going into Tesco and seeing it priced at €110 and taking it to the checkout, the pricing is an 'invitation to treat' basically them offering the product at that price but only when payment passes over do Tesco accept your 'offer' i.e. payment, once payment is accepted then the contract is complete.
    Fair dues to the Argos letting the Mac go for that price and even though I thanked the guy who got it already he truly deserves another congrat, January and the Argos deal of the year winner already.
    I tried and failed to reserve but I got two of the €25 hard drives for the bro and I so happy out.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Since we're getting legal then the contract is completely unlawful. There's no "consensus ad idem" between the parties and could also be voided for Mistake.

Of course none of that crap matters once you get it into your hot little handies and run out of the store for dear life! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Three things to create a contract - Offer (the goods are for sale), Acceptance (accepting the offer to purchase) and Consideration (money or payment must occur) all three in there? then it's a legal binding contract - now back to more BARGAINS !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

vicwatson wrote: »
    Three things to create a contract - Offer (the goods are for sale), Acceptance (accepting the offer to purchase) and Consideration (money or payment must occur) all three in there? then it's a legal binding contract - now back to more BARGAINS !!!

Yes but the contract can be voided:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mistake_%28contract_law%29

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

I think the legal discussion forum is over there
    >

Where? This way? <

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭theintern

Sennheiser CX 300 ii for €27. Decent deal for good headphones down from €44.99.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2580834.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Are white earphones a No No for the male population? Didn't know that!

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Admldj

Have a mac code for tullamore and went in to get it about an hour ago, on the stock checker it shows as €110 but when i tried to pay at the self service kiosk the price is €1100 so no joy, chanced my arm with the manager and no dice would have been a serious bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Admldj wrote: »
    Have a mac code for tullamore and went in to get it about an hour ago, on the stock checker it shows as €110 but when i tried to pay at the self service kiosk the price is €1100 so no joy, chanced my arm with the manager and no dice would have been a serious bargain

you must have went easy on them, I wouldn't have left without my Mac :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Called outvto blanchardstown with my chest of drawers reservation to find none in stock.
    They are going to transfer one from swords at full price and honour the reservation price.

Ive to call out tomorrow so i'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 niamhdeego

muffler wrote: »
    I'll be in Letterkenny this afternoon so if the code is still available Id be delighted to have it please :)

You can have it

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

Rang argos Tralee just now about my reservation for the chest of drawers, apparently the delivery never arrived and will not be coming :(

• Registered Users Posts: 46,082 ✭✭✭✭muffler

niamhdeego wrote: »
    You can have it
    Much appreciated. :)

Was over earlier this afternoon but they were having none of it. As it turns out someone else was there before me in the last day or two so they were well aware of the mis-priced item.

Pity though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 thelids

Hi guys,
    First time poster in here. I'm wondering if anyone has bought the Hoover S2IN1300C Steamjet Steam Mop and if so, how do you rate it?
    It's currently listed at €49.99 (down from €135).
    Link:w ww.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3557976/Trail/searchtext%3EHOOVER.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Jakel

th283 wrote: »
    Hi guys spotted this chest of drawers, 3337062. the white colour is €22.98 but the oak and black versions are €223.98. According to check argos it can be ordered for collection everywhere in the country

Thanks for the tip, got two today in Limerick. They originally wanted the new price but I showed them the Email on my phone and they had no problem with honouring it at the reserved price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Not a macbook but reasonable value on panasonic pro power alkalines. AA as AAA 8 & 8 free, so 16 for for €4.99

Panasonic Pro Power AA Batteries - 8 Pack + 8 Free. 980/5866

Panasonic Pro Power AAA Batteries - 8 Pack + 8 Free. 980/5873

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Denver drawers weren't in for me today neither, said it was down to the bad weather and the ships couldn't get over. Said they should be available to collect tomorrow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Jakel wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip, got two today in Limerick. They originally wanted the new price but I showed them the Email on my phone and they had no problem with honouring it at the reserved price.

Just something to bear in mind: they're not obliged to give it to you at the reserved price: http://www.argos.ie/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/Reserving.htm
    Please note that our prices change, sometimes on a daily basis. The price you pay is the price in store on the day you collect your items.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Got my Denver collect code today. Thing is my email was blank so no price on it so cannot prove the reservation price. Text was never received till today. Surprised me really.

Will go in and see what the upright self service thing says but I've nothing to back up my price argument with though.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭mell61

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Got my Denver collect code today. Thing is my email was blank so no price on it so cannot prove the reservation price. Text was never received till today. Surprised me really.

Will go in and see what the upright self service thing says but I've nothing to back up my price argument with though.

I see stock in my local store, didn't get a text quote (i only half expected one today), and my email reservation was 'empty'... think i'm out of luck, although I printed off the price at the time of reservation screenshot! Time to check out ikea drawers again!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

I'm trying to find the phone number to call and check if my order's in store yet because I went in the other night and they weren't, but i can't seem to find it on the site. Does every store not have their own individual customer service line?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

My reservation code just says "limerick" and normally it says the store name as there are three and I did try unsuccessfully at each store with those blank emails coming back.

Chances of me getting it at the extra store at the misprice is unlikely but it will only take a few minutes to check. If it's more than the misprice then I'll head off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ditto- if anyone has the phone number for the Ilac centre branch- I'd be really grateful.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement