Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Ditto- if anyone has the phone number for the Ilac centre branch- I'd be really grateful.

Thanks!

Is this the number? (01)2161616

http://www.goldenpages.ie/argos-dublin-D1/8/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Ditto- if anyone has the phone number for the Ilac centre branch- I'd be really grateful.

Thanks!

I emailed them and got this included as part of the automated responses, and it would be fine but the fuking links lead to broken pages when I click on them lol.

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ArgosStoreLocatorMain?storeId=10151&GiftMode=Reset&action=ArgosStoreLocatorMain%3FlangId%3D110&langId=110&ddkey=http:ISALTMStockAvailability

And it has this information, about Irish stores, on the UK site. What's the point of that? I would never thought to check the UK site for Irush details.It's like they really don't want customers to find their store numbers easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Think you get an extra day if the reservation falls on a Sunday, if I remember right.

Not 100% on that though :)

I reserved something on Sunday night, only gave me until yesterday evening to collect.

Anyway, Jamie Oliver knife set (think it was mentioned on here before?) reduced from €35 to €9.99

Gets decent enough reviews on Amazon.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=Jamie+Oliver+knife+&authToken=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I reserved something on Sunday night, only gave me until yesterday evening to collect.

Anyway, Jamie Oliver knife set (think it was mentioned on here before?) reduced from €35 to €9.99

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=Jamie+Oliver+knife+&authToken=

I think if you reserve Saturday, you will have until close of business Monday to collect

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I'm just back from Ilac Centre and still nothing in the system. The girl said they were taking the delivery in at the moment. Looking like tomorrow but said I could try this evening if I wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Turns out the reservation text I got to tell me my item was in wasn't for the chest but for the locker.

Locker came up as €44.98 and a kind user here had sent me the email for the chest showing €22.98. Showed it to cashier and neither of us(idiots) spotted it was for a different item so she changed the price and I only noticed when the tiny box came out. Lol. Got a refund anyway.

FYI. The price for the chest of drawers is now €111 in store so getting them from €45 to €23 was easy. Maybe €111 to €23 will be a step too far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Picked up my drawers for 22.98.

The 500 GB hard drives are due into Blanch tomorrow for 25 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

*wolfwhistles*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭uli84

The 500 GB hard drives are due into Blanch tomorrow for 25 euro.

was that the one they transferred from Swords? - must be the one i didn't manage to pick up after was given the code from one of the users here :D (seen the PM too late) :D

• Advertisement

Got the chest of drawers. Manager even carried stuff to the car. Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I got a text saying that my chest of drawers were in so going to collect them in about an hour.

Will let you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Has any one got the drawers yet where the email was blank? Still haven't recieved text yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

GaGa21 wrote: »
    Has any one got the drawers yet where the email was blank? Still haven't recieved text yet.

MOST of the time if you get a blank email means your reservation didnt go through

Went up a third time today and was told the drawers still weren't there. Now being told tomorrow. Cashier was very apologetic but it's still bad form, I was told earlier they were unloading the delivery and now they aren't getting it until tonight. Don't know whether to even bother tomorrow now as it's not looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭DaisyDLady

How big is the box with the drawers ???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

DaisyDLady wrote: »
    How big is the box with the drawers ???????

It won't fit in your mini. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

DubDJ wrote: »
    Went up a third time today and was told the drawers still weren't there. Now being told tomorrow. Cashier was very apologetic but it's still bad form, I was told earlier they were unloading the delivery and now they aren't getting it until tonight. Don't know whether to even bother tomorrow now as it's not looking good.
    Did you get a text to say your order was in? I got an "order is ready" text today for the drawers. Was planning to pick up tomorrow. Not sure if you are saying that the system told you the item was in when it wasn't?

leck wrote: »
    Did you get a text to say your order was in? I got an "order is ready" text today for the drawers. Was planning to pick up tomorrow. Not sure if you are saying that the system told you the item was in when it wasn't?

Nope got no text, but I've never gotten one before from any reservations. I usually just go up and collect on the date given. More annoyed after being up three times and getting told different things each time, obviously not their fault that the weather has caused delays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Just on the knives, picked mine up earlier, and have to say, this is my personal favourite buy in Argos in a long time.

Really high quality, worth every penny of the tenner on them.

Have a spare reservation code for portlaoise if anyone wants it, good until tomorrow evening.

(stock came back in to Naas so I didn't need it)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Got the drawers with no issues, manager was actually laughing about the price reduction. It came in two thin but long boxes. Also picked up the one drawer bedside set to go with it since it was half price.

Anyone who's assembled them yet? Opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lorna16

Took two visits but picked up my drawers today. Price was showing at new one showed t snapshot of my original order no problem with adjusting it. Thanks op 😀😃

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Any ilac people collected the chest of drawers? I intend on going in tomorrow but would like to be sure they're there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I went to the self service checkout and the price for the drawers had gone up so went to customer services and it took a while but the girl sorted it and I got my 2 sets no bother.

Well chuffed. Thank you to the original poster of this coz they are much needed so delighted to have gotten them so cheaply.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

After being told the drawers weren't coming in, surprisingly my collection text came today! Collected them no problem
    Anyone who's assembled them yet? Opinions?
    I just assembled mine, fairly easy to do, just make sure you have a hammer handy! They are very sturdy and bigger than I expected

th283 wrote: »
    After being told the drawers weren't coming in, surprisingly my collection text came today! Collected them no problem

I'm confused. I got a reservation number when I ordered them and a window to collect. Do I still need to wait for a collection text? The ilac is a real pain so i be totally peeved if i haul myself in there during peak traffic, pay to park and then find out they're not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

yellow hen wrote: »
    I'm confused. I got a reservation number when I ordered them and a window to collect. Do I still need to wait for a collection text? The ilac is a real pain so i be totally peeved if i haul myself in there during peak traffic, pay to park and then find out they're not there.

When I ordered them I got the text and email saying they would be in stock between Friday and Monday, usually with this you get a text when they come into stock and get the usual 3 days to collect it. I rang the store yesterday and they said they hadn't and wouldn't be coming in, but then today I got a text saying they were instore.

My advice would be ring before you go all the way in

Built chest. I like assembling things. It's fine for €29 but by god if I paid more I'd be pissed off. It's certainly worth nowhere near €110 or whatever it is.

I'm happy with my €29 chest of drawers but it's only average. Frankly ikea stuff is better.

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Built chest. I like assembling things. It's fine for €29 but by god if I paid more I'd be pissed off. It's certainly worth nowhere near €110 or whatever it is.

I'm happy with my €29 chest of drawers but it's only average. Frankly ikea stuff is better.

Uh that doesn't excite me. I think is one ikea stuff is utter cardboard so if this is worse........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭a_noodle_jenny

My ETA was today or tomorrow when I ordered them last week. Got text today saying to collect. Picked them up this eve. Two boxes (one set of drawers comes in two boxes) fit on seat and floor of front seat of my car. Will put together at weekend. €22.98 is a good price - ikea you'd pay more than that!
    Price came up same as catalogue from kiosk so the cashier apologized and said it was a great bargain and another customer in Sligo had walked out with 4 sets earlier... One chest of drawers is enough for me!
    Thanks to original poster :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement