Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Phantom99

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Built chest. I like assembling things. It's fine for €29 but by god if I paid more I'd be pissed off. It's certainly worth nowhere near €110 or whatever it is.

I'm happy with my €29 chest of drawers but it's only average. Frankly ikea stuff is better.

Having bought a couch, wardrobe and lockers from Argos I wouldn't buy furniture in Argos ever again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I havent collected mine yet. Do people really think this wasnt worth the €29? If not, I might just leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Phantom99 wrote: »
    Having bought a couch, wardrobe and lockers from Argos I wouldn't buy furniture in Argos ever again

I've bought from Homebase being the same company and the quality of the solid oak was excellent. Then again you can view the furniture in a Homebase store before ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,766 ✭✭✭✭L1011

yellow hen wrote: »
    Uh that doesn't excite me. I think is one ikea stuff is utter cardboard so if this is worse........

Argos flat pack is utter junk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,143 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

L1011 wrote: »
    Argos flat pack is utter junk

Hit and miss I guess. I have had some luck with their stuff. I have a corner TV stand for a good few years that was holding a larger TV than the recommended for the entire time and only replaced recently as it was starting to slightly bow and there was not enough room for my AV reciever vents anymore. Also had a desk of theirs all through college

But would agree with the consensus that Ikea stuff is better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I havent collected mine yet. Do people really think this wasnt worth the €29? If not, I might just leave it.

It is 22.98 not €29. Definitely worth it though. Certainly not worth the original 229.80 though nor the 111 new price.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Any ilac people collected the chest of drawers? I intend on going in tomorrow but would like to be sure they're there.

I've rang this morning- they said they're not coming back in.
    I'm not sure what to make of this (given the reservation etc).
    Its a bit of a bitch for me to drive in- I'm in Celbridge- I'd rather not go in unless I knew they were there.

If anyone can confirm what the story is with the Ilac Centre- I'd be really grateful.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I've rang this morning- they said they're not coming back in.
    I'm not sure what to make of this (given the reservation etc).
    Its a bit of a bitch for me to drive in- I'm in Celbridge- I'd rather not go in unless I knew they were there.

If anyone can confirm what the story is with the Ilac Centre- I'd be really grateful.

Thanks!

Considering they are taking a loss on all the reservations it is possible they just cancelled any pending shipment.

Ilac Centre update.......

1 physically in stock
    All orders for the drawers have been cancelled on the system- when you go to the pay and collect terminals- the order isn't recognised. On querying at the customer service desk- the manager was called- The Manager is willing to sell the single one in stock @ 111- under no circumstances will he discount it to the 22.97.

Oh- the phone number for the Ilac branch (which isn't on either their website- or in the phone book)- is 01-8147061

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭DaisyDLady

1 physically in stock
    All orders for the drawers have been cancelled on the system- when you go to the pay and collect terminals- the order isn't recognised. On querying at the customer service desk- the manager was called- The Manager is willing to sell the single one in stock @ 111- under no circumstances will he discount it to the 22.97.

Oh- the phone number for the Ilac branch (which isn't on either their website- or in the phone book)- is 01-8147061

i collected mine in Athlone an hour ago .
    no questions no hassel at all.

ring argos head office and ask them direct

• Advertisement

I've been onto them already :(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Not quite as cheap as the last chest of drawers but may be of use to someone .....

Chest of drawers

Not much stock I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Not quite as cheap as the last chest of drawers but may be of use to someone .....

Chest of drawers

Not much stock I'm afraid

I took a chance on these yesterday, and I'm in the process of disassembling them today to return them. Terrible items - there's no laminate (read 'paper-thin layer) on the bottom edge of the drawer fronts and I've already scratched my hand twice on the rough surface underneath. Avoid at all costs!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

Yep +1

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Had a reservation for the chest of drawers was to collect by tmw in waterford , the store just rang me to say the price is wrong and they have cancelled my reservation ... I am not happy !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just back from Ilac, wish I'd seen the above post first and saved my time. Monday I was told by a manager they'd be there Tuesday, then on Tuesday morning I was told come back the evening. Came back and was told definitely today.

Just been told now all those orders were cancelled because of the incorrect price. Told her it was my fourth visit, after organising somebody to drive up each time and was told sorry they're cancelled with not much as an apology. I left highly annoyed, needed to pick up something else but left it as I'd rather not give them my business.

If I was told no chance on Monday I'd be fine, but the fact I've been sent around in a circle for three days wasting time and money on petrol has me furious. Think I'll leave them a complaint for wasting my time.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ah well, it's not the end of the world.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Just back from Ilac, wish I'd seen the above post first and saved my time. Monday I was told by a manager they'd be there Tuesday, then on Tuesday morning I was told come back the evening. Came back and was told definitely today.

Just been told now all those orders were cancelled because of the incorrect price. Told her it was my fourth visit, after organising somebody to drive up each time and was told sorry they're cancelled with not much as an apology. I left highly annoyed, needed to pick up something else but left it as I'd rather not give them my business.

If I was told no chance on Monday I'd be fine, but the fact I've been sent around in a circle for three days wasting time and money on petrol has me furious. Think I'll leave them a complaint for wasting my time.

They don't seem to give a rat's ass about complaints imho

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

1 physically in stock

Oh- the phone number for the Ilac branch (which isn't on either their website- or in the phone book)- is 01-8147061[/QUOTE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

did you not wait for the text to your phone? Argos have been great for fulfilling prices over the last few months. They obviously just don't have much stock of these. Its a massive price error to be fair. i wouldn't have expected them to honour it.

• Advertisement

They don't seem to give a rat's ass about complaints imho

I'd imagine so but I'd still like to do it anyway on the off chance that it did get back to somebody. The manager took my phone off me on Monday and had a look at the reservation and all, nothing was said to me.

DubDJ wrote: »
    I'd imagine so but I'd still like to do it anyway on the off chance that it did get back to somebody. The manager took my phone off me on Monday and had a look at the reservation and all, nothing was said to me.

Please let us know how you get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

meathman0 wrote: »
    might take mine back for €111 credit :D

THIS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I've one reserved in Jervis, collecting tomorrow, hope they have it!

THIS!

?????

Please let us know how you get on!

I'd be surprised if I even got a reply :D

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

?????
    If you return item without receipt they give you a credit note for the current price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

If you return item without receipt they give you a credit note for the current price.

Would the box need to be unopened to return it like that? And what if the people who sold it to you are on the til again lol, they'd probably remember

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

"*If you don't have your receipt, as long as you have proof of purchase, we'll exchange the item or give you a refund with vouchers. "

Has anyone returned something without a receipt OR proof of purchase?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement