Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    "*If you don't have your receipt, as long as you have proof of purchase, we'll exchange the item or give you a refund with vouchers. "

Has anyone returned something without a receipt OR proof of purchase?

What would proof of purchase be? All I can think of is if we used a bank card to pay and showed them the statement on the online banking, in which case they'd see the original price we paid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

meathman0 wrote: »
    might take mine back for €111 credit :D
    Bargains are great but trying to cash out by returning a €23 worth of merchandise in order to fool Argos into giving back €111 in credit is dishonest and not something we should condone on this thread. Maybe you said that in jest but you could give others the idea to try this.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Please let us know how you get on!

I've said it before: they're not obliged to give you an item based on the price on an email, text or image. It says it on their website: http://www.argos.ie/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/Reserving.htm
    Please note that our prices change, sometimes on a daily basis. The price you pay is the price in store on the day you collect your items.

So, if something is reserved at €20 and you go to collect, but price appears as €40 on the till... then that's the price you're being asked to pay - if you don't like, you decline their 'offer'.

Argos have been very fair to let people away with the price issues... but they're well within their rights to decline to offer you the goods at the 'incorrect' price.

Now, can we please move back onto some bargains??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

leck wrote: »
    Bargains are great but trying to cash out by returning a €23 worth of merchandise in order to fool Argos into giving back €111 in credit is dishonest and not something we should condone on this thread. Maybe you said that in jest but you could give others the idea to try this.

I think that the smiley after the post illustrated that it was a joke.

For one thing, Argos will refund you what you paid.
    For another, we're not morons.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

leck wrote: »

I would'nt want to give people the wrong idea, so I will remove my post, I do not want to promote dishonesty on boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

meathman0 wrote: »
    I would'nt want to give people the wrong idea, so I will remove my post, I do not want to promote dishonesty on boards.

Relax.

Nobody with any sense thinks that you were serious or that you were trying to scam Argos, or even (if you did try) that Argos would refund you €111 for a receipt worth €23.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Tabasco Burger Press

Was 19.99 Now 5.99

18-2438948aSSUC17579170M.jpg

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=+243%2F8948
    Limited stock in Arklow, Athlone. Letterkenny, Castlebar & Cork Queens Old Castle

Thank you for posting about something other than a set of crappy chipboard drawers!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dueaug

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

It might not be as good a price as when tassimo were doing the deal with £20 credit, but i have noticed some boxes have the deal on them anyways. Might be worth checking if any of these have them
    heres the stock

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1221943.htm

tassimo16cj3l.jpg
    tassimo2wqkfq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Have that machine. It's great.

Saw the machine in argos galway this morning and the stickers definitely said £10/€15 credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

soc wrote: »
    I've said it before: they're not obliged to give you an item based on the price on an email, text or image. It says it on their website: http://www.argos.ie/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/Reserving.htm

So, if something is reserved at €20 and you go to collect, but price appears as €40 on the till... then that's the price you're being asked to pay - if you don't like, you decline their 'offer'.

Argos have been very fair to let people away with the price issues... but they're well within their rights to decline to offer you the goods at the 'incorrect' price.

Now, can we please move back onto some bargains??

Please don't include me in your ridiculous rant

Check your facts in the interest of accuracy

Don't jump in half way through thread discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 21 backslapper

Cheers dude couldn't agree more

Lots of people jumping in with crossed wires

very annoying when someone refers to a comment wrongly

I'm actually interested too in how that customer complaint works out

regards

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

So it's one of those ironic usernames then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Picked up the drawers this morning. Reserved since the 16th and stock due in today. No issues. Thanks to OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,971 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

daytob wrote: »
    It might not be as good a price as when tassimo were doing the deal with £20 credit, but i have noticed some boxes have the deal on them anyways. Might be worth checking if any of these have them
    heres the stock

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1221943.htm

tassimo16cj3l.jpg
    tassimo2wqkfq.jpg

Are the capsules easy to get?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Yes, a lot of tesco have them now * even my ****ty ashbourne one has 2 different kinds at times :eek:, I scheduled 5 packs of whatever * sometimes its 8, sometimes its 16, to come from amazon. works out for me and the o-h just over 30c per drink. The coffee is nice and hot * for both of us and it taste good enough for our liking. its not barista made and sometimes we dont have the time to get that done but its cheaps as chips and does its job.

its about 4-7e for a pack in tesco 8 or 16 in a pack, but on amazon and tassimo they do regular deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭stevegrace

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Are the capsules easy to get?

All major shops stock them tesco , dunnes , Supervalu also in powercity.
    Tesco seem to have specials on them at least once a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,971 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Cheers folks, think I'll make a purchase :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Proco Jr. wrote: »

I'm Im-pressed. ;)

Does the sauce come with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Gits_bone wrote: »
    I'm Im-pressed. ;)

The description says, "Includes Burger press and mini bottle of Tabasco sauce."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

burger press outa stock ...jayzuz

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

burger press outa stock ...jayzuz

There was feck all stock to begin with, although that one in cavan is still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Sister went in to Ilac to collect drawers and was told it was a pricing error & they're gone back up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Gits_bone wrote: »
    I'm Im-pressed. ;)

Bought one of these last week (for the reduced price), the bottle of sauce is minuscule. 3.7ml, less than a teaspoon :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1415807

Not a big hit in Monaghan it appears!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

degsie wrote: »

Don't worry, the Dubs have reserved them up in the hopes for a swap :rolleyes:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93960605&postcount=504
    Claire222 wrote: »
    Have a hard drive for Monaghan, will swap for one in Dublin if possible. Cheers.

So at what point are the mods going to step in and actually stop this reserving for a swap bullsh1t?

Edit: serial swapper -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93963136&postcount=510
    Claire222 wrote: »
    I'll swap Athlone for Dublin for hard drive if possible ?

So why are people like Claire222 allowed to carry on this nonsense. No doubt she'll continue to snap up codes all over the country just to seek one for Dublin thus preventing codes for others outside of Dublin.

I have a suggestion - People like this must supply their codes without a swap on thread or else be banned - either temporary or permanently if a serial culprit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,143 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

zarquon wrote: »
    Don't worry, the Dubs have reserved them up in the hopes for a swap :rolleyes:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93960605&postcount=504

So at what point are the mods going to step in and actually stop this reserving for a swap bullsh1t?

So why are people like Claire222 allowed to carry on this nonsense. No doubt she'll continue to snap up codes all over the country just to seek one for Dublin thus preventing codes for others outside of Dublin.

I have a suggestion - People like this must supply their codes without a swap on thread or else be banned - either temporary or permanently if a serial culprit.

Going forward this is now no longer allowed, codes can only be shared in the following thread, requests of any kind (including swaps) are no longer allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

zarquon wrote: »

gees had a look at that account, 77 posts with the majority in the Argos thread trying to swap codes from Dublin. Not a single post alerting others to bargains anywhere. Talk about a free loader :rolleyes:

500 post minimum to reply yo threads in
    BA unless you're starting a thread, that'll solve this sh1te and keep the freeloaders away :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I posted the Caterpillar Jacket in 2013 from Sportsdirect. I really need to get myself posting something else soon. :D

I know I'm a freeloader though. I even select "Do not Seed" with Frostwire. :eek::eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement