Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

ninty wrote: »
    LG 24MT46 24 Inch Full HD LED TV €159.99 link and €10 voucher this weekend

This TV is now down to €129.99 and the 22" is €119.99

Still not sure whether its been cleared up if it has saorview or not. There's a discussion about in the previous pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

tvercetti wrote: »
    This TV is now down to €129.99 and the 22" is €119.99

Still not sure whether its been cleared up if it has saorview or not. There's a discussion about in the previous pages.

Bought at the weekend, it has Saorview.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

manu2009 wrote: »

Good to hear, did you get it at €129.99 or was it still €159.99?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Trying to order some pencils for collection, where the/how the heck to order for collection ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

vicwatson wrote: »
    Trying to order some pencils for collection, where the/how the heck to order for collection ???

Click reserve?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Click reserve?

very good, but it doesn't work y'know

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Ring the store. You can reserve by the phone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Working on IE and Chrome. Try another browser maybe.

*didn't go as far as clicking final reserve button as I didn't want to hold them up on someone who wanted them. Worked as 'item available' and 'item can be ordered'.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Try it later- seems to be down at the moment- though I'm kicking myself- I really wanted to get that telly............ :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Try it later- seems to be down at the moment- though I'm kicking myself- I really wanted to get that telly............ :(

Have you tried booking by calling the Argos reservation number 012161616 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Not a bargain, but Is anyone having trouble with the reservations not going to their phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Not a bargain, but Is anyone having trouble with the reservations not going to their phones?

Yup! Made 2 reservations this week and neither came to the phone, but both came to email.

Yup! Made 2 reservations this week and neither came to the phone, but both came to email.

I wonder how long they've been off, first that & now the lotto ;)

Also I just found these, although it'll probably not shed light on above :p

Buy Argos Value Range 40W SES Reflector Bulb 4 Pack. at Argos.ie - €1.99

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=432%2F8551

• Registered Users Posts: 46,083 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yes. I did receive email alerts for the last 2 items I reserved but no text messages. I sent them an email and received a very bland standard reply..........
    Dear muffler,

Subject: Argos reservation texts.

Thank you for your email regarding our reservation texts.

I'm sorry to read that you have not been receiving text messages for reservations you have placed with us. I have passed this information on to the relevant department and improvements should be seen shortly.

We're always looking to improve the business to provide a better level of customer service so all feedback is really appreciated and acknowledged.

Please visit us at www.argos.co.uk/help where you will find answers to many frequently asked questions, product information and all of our full contact details.

Regards,

Thomas Russell
    Argos E-Commerce Customer Service Team.

muffler wrote: »
    Yes. I did receive email alerts for the last 2 items I reserved but no text messages. I sent them an email and received a very bland standard reply..........

Looks like, don't call us, we'll call you, not by text anyway ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Same here, thought it was my phone. Obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

4k tv in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

KingJamsie wrote: »
    4k tv in stock

The original price quoted for that TV is either a misprint or just completely misleading, just check it out on Argos uk and you'll see the true original price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sappy404

slave1 wrote: »
    Pro Fitness Dumbbell Tree Set, 302/4399 these are okay quality and perfect if your fitness thoughts turn out to be short term

€12.99 and in stock everywhere

31-3024399A71UC557582M.jpg

Careful with this. The holder is made of pieces of cheap plastic that you screw together; it had a sharp edge that I cut my finger on pretty badly once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Reservation system has gone bananas

I reserved something & got the text with the reservation number but no record of it in store.
    Reserved using a different phone number but no text received yet the reservation was on the system in store.

Emails have been hit and miss too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭kooga

manu2009 wrote: »

i have one on hold, glad to see it has saorview, does it by chance have a satellite connection?

i have looked at the spec sheet on the LG website and dvb s is mentioned

kooga wrote: »
    i have one on hold, glad to see it has saorview, does it by chance have a satellite connection?

i have looked at the spec sheet on the LG website and dvb s is mentioned

You can see all the connections here, it just has the normal aerial connection not the satellite one.

tvercetti wrote: »
    Good to hear, did you get it at €129.99 or was it still €159.99?

Paid 159.99e unfortunately, with the 10e voucher though so 20e more for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Picked up the 24" LG tv today - just to add it can play movies straight from usb stick, I know this was an issue with a previous B.A. (19" tv from carphone warehouse).

cathalj wrote: »
    Picked up the 24" LG tv today - just to add it can play movies straight from usb stick, I know this was an issue with a previous B.A. (19" tv from carphone warehouse).

happy with it ?
    i have one reserved

• Registered Users Posts: 43 onetwofourthree

First time poster here - thanks for all the interesting stuff in on this particular board over the last while.

Regarding this Argos LG TV, I'm reasonably incompetent - if anyone can tell me if the TV can pick up non-Irish Saorview TV channels (aka 'free to air satellite channels', from the Saorview website), that would be appreciated.

I think it can't (non-satellite?), but am not sure. Thanks.

First time poster here - thanks for all the interesting stuff in on this particular board over the last while.

Regarding this Argos LG TV, I'm reasonably incompetent - if anyone can tell me if the TV can pick up non-Irish Saorview TV channels (aka 'free to air satellite channels', from the Saorview website), that would be appreciated.

I think it can't (non-satellite?), but am not sure. Thanks.

when you say non irish saorview channels ? do you mean uk channels?

It has been confirmed that this tv will pick up irish saorview channels if you live in the ROI and the uk freeview channels if you live in NI. It will not pick up any channels via a satellite dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 onetwofourthree

Thanks for that, Kooga.
    kooga wrote: »
    when you say non irish saorview channels ? do you mean uk channels?

It has been confirmed that this tv will pick up irish saorview channels if you live in the ROI and the uk freeview channels if you live in NI. It will not pick up any channels via a satellite dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

kooga wrote:
    happy with it ? i have one reserved

Yeah, it's perfect....ideally I'd have liked a 28" , but you're talking at least double the price and that's hard to justify for 4" extra ! All in all its well worth 130.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Seems like they've started included the response time info on a lot of TVs from what I've seen, always wanted more TV sellers to provide it so glad to see it. But it seems like most are <10 Ms, even the cheaper models, which I thought was only done on high end Bravias etc. There's no way they could be giving lower stats than the TVs actually do, right? Or are TVs response times generally a lot better nowadays since most models would have gaming modes available?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement