Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭wilser

There is one in Tallaght but its coming up @ €47.99 cat no. 129/7850

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

They don't come up on stock checkers. You can only order instore.

What so people not understand about these? The sooner the are gone the better. Pages and pages of pure crap.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Crayola widescreen light designer- now up to 19.99
    Offer expired......

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

TriStar6 wrote:
    Which checker? I checked instore not online. They could also be gone.....

Checkargos.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭wilser

RossieMan wrote: »
    They don't come up on stock checkers. You can only order instore.

What so people not understand about these? The sooner the are gone the better. Pages and pages of pure crap.

Not sure if your comment was directed at me but the one I posted about was in store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Remington hair dryer for €25.

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=2786669

Seems like a good deal for a hairdryer. Not much stock (Longford, Monaghan and limerick) but might be worth a look if you want or need one!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ancapallliath

Crayola widescreen light designer- now up to 19.99
    Offer expired......

i bought it last week for 7.99 and is worth that. not worth 19.99 though.

also on the prices, I also picked up the Chad Valley Christmas Bumper and the Bracelet set. they increased prices on these also but I had proof in email of the price I ordered them at so they honoured the prices

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The crayola light designer was a big hit with my niece and nephew at the weekend.... a bargain at 7.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Cheers to the op who posted the crayola lighty upy thing.
    ordered for collection and when I went to pick it up the bloke behind the counter said 19.99, told him I ordered it at 7.99 and he just changed the price there and then. As much as there are sometimes bitchy comments about argos, the way they dont even flinch yet change the price has got to be praised.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

daytob wrote: »
    ordered for collection and when I went to pick it up the bloke behind the counter said 19.99, told him I ordered it at 7.99 and he just changed the price there and then. As much as there are sometimes bitchy comments about argos, the way they dont even flinch yet change the price has got to be praised.

I was just going to ask that. I reserved mine at 7.99 but won't be able to collect until tomorrow, good to know I'll get it for that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

Same here - thanks OP.
    daytob wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Picked up Sklyanders Trap team for €25.99,gone up to €74.99 now.I qualified for the free gift too but they had none in stock,what's the craic there? Do I keep the receipt and try to get it at a future date? The staff weren't exactly forthcoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I have a code for 4 psn 12 month subs that need to be collected tonight before close in Blanchardstown...quick ,who can collect them...there the €15 ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭xECompanyx

12 month psn sub back up to 47.99 last time I checked, yesterday..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

I have a code for 4 psn 12 month subs that need to be collected tonight before close in Blanchardstown...quick ,who can collect them...there the €15 ones.

Gone?

Has anybody had any issues with the Crayola light thing? I gave it to my daughter this evening and all of a sudden it stopped working after less than an hour, I tried different batteries but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Has anybody had any issues with the Crayola light thing? I gave it to my daughter this evening and all of a sudden it stopped working after less than an hour, I tried different batteries but no joy.

Water get into or on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

No probs just take it back for replacement

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

vicwatson wrote: »
    No probs just take it back for replacement

It says its specifically excluded from Argos's 28 day return's policy. Can you still bring it back if it develops a fault?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

It says its specifically excluded from Argos's 28 day return's policy. Can you still bring it back if it develops a fault?

Yes of course, the 28 day exclusion doesn't apply to normal warranty issues

No water anywhere near it, she was sitting at a table and using a dry cloth to clean it. I'll try return it this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You need to use a wet cloth initially, then a dry cloth to finish. If you just used a dry cloth, then maybe you've smeared the marker all over the screen and that may prevent new writing/drawing from showing through?

Mr E wrote: »
    You need to use a wet cloth initially, then a dry cloth to finish. If you just used a dry cloth, then maybe you've smeared the marker all over the screen and that may prevent new writing/drawing from showing through?

The problem was with the lights, they just weren't turning on. All sorted now though, changed it for a new one today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

€44.99 RRP €59.99

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=9063330&authToken=%252d1002%252c8RvTgzRQUIkiaCQg1wd0wg264Io%253d

The Sega Megadrive plus 40 games is the perfect gift for those who love classic Sega games. This wireless console is ready to plug and play. With two controllers and a total of 60 classic games on the Megadrive and separate cartridge, this package gives you hours of gaming fun!
    Plug in and play on your TV.
    Includes two wireless controllers and cartridge loaded with 40 bonus games, AC power adaptor, scart connector, AV cable and instruction manual.
    Mains operated.
    Rechargeable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

That's sweet. Definitely getting one for the "kids"

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    €44.99 RRP €59.99

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=9063330&authToken=%252d1002%252c8RvTgzRQUIkiaCQg1wd0wg264Io%253d

The Sega Megadrive plus 40 games is the perfect gift for those who love classic Sega games. This wireless console is ready to plug and play. With two controllers and a total of 60 classic games on the Megadrive and separate cartridge, this package gives you hours of gaming fun!
    Includes two wireless controllers and cartridge loaded with 40 bonus games, AC power adaptor, scart connector, AV cable and instruction manual.
    Mains operated.
    Rechargeable.

Damn you! I was in Argos an hour ago and now I'm miles away from one :(

Great Bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    €44.99 RRP €59.99

Mains operated.
    Rechargeable.

A lot of terrible reviews on Argos about it not being compatible with all tv's, very bad picture quality and lag with the wireless controllers.
    Even if it did run as well as we remembered the kids would laugh at it compared to what they're used to now.
    I reckon we'd enjoy it more than the kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

No saving games either. I didn't realise there was reviews on Argos. I might give it a pass so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭rockihudson

nike size 5 premier league ball half price now 12.99
    228/3296

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement