Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

pah wrote: »
    My sister's looking for something windows cheap and cheerful for the basics. I'll send her the link thanks

If all you want a laptop for is facebook, youtube, some word processing and the likes then you cant go wrong with a chromebook since their light, portable and have very good battery life. Also dont get viruses.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,130 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Okay deal, you can also add Project Cars for €29. Stock seems okay too out in the usual Dublin spots though.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=3310773

The Witcher 3 also comes free with this bundle, see "Special Offer 1"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,079 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Plascebo wrote: »

Nice one. Just got the last one in Wexford. Now to convince herself that a PS4 will be useful :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Plascebo wrote: »

You can only avail of one special offer with it- aka if you take 'The Witcher' free with the console- you can't get a discounted copy of Project Cars.

Each to themselves- but I'd rather Project Cars.........

If you try to put both special offers in your order- only one of them gets discounted.

Anyone want a reservation with Project Cars for Liffey Valley- has to be collect before COB this evening (I'm not going to be able to make it, unfortunately)?

Liffey Valley- one reservation- any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone want a reservation with Project Cars for Liffey Valley- has to be collect before COB this evening (I'm not going to be able to make it, unfortunately)?

Liffey Valley- one reservation- any takers?

call them and they will extend it for a few more days

sweetie wrote: »

The reason I'm not going to be able to make it- is a budgetary one- a few days isn't going to help....... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,130 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Witcher 3 has only been added to the system since today, great offer for 2 games and the PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

That PS4 with GTA V is mainly sold out all over Ireland :mad:

One for Liffeyvalley- going if anyone wants it. Has to be collected this evening.

Just a side note the PS4 could potentionally be got for 290/300 euro if you get 7 vouchers for the 10 euro off a 50 and buy the giftcards in Tesco I think it should work. Just have a load of gift vouchers for payment in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭wilser

Argos have a Miele vacuum cleaner reduced to €130, the same one in Powercity is €180 am on my phone so cant link.
    Item no. 3596951

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

wilser wrote: »
    Argos have a Miele vacuum cleaner reduced to €130, the same one in Powercity is €180 am on my phone so cant link.
    Item no. 3596951
    Seems like a good price, but out of stock in a lot of stores already - http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=3596951

• Registered Users Posts: 28,079 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Guys I have a code for a PS4 and GTA 5 and the Witcher 3 in Argos Wexford that needs to be collected tonight.

If anyone wants it let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

TallGlass wrote: »
    Just a side note the PS4 could potentionally be got for 290/300 euro if you get 7 vouchers for the 10 euro off a 50 and buy the giftcards in Tesco I think it should work. Just have a load of gift vouchers for payment in Argos.

Sorry to go off topic but do tesco have a sale on gift cards again? Any chance it includes iTunes? Checked the tesco forum but couldn't find it

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Off topic but as far as I know you can't use the 10 euro off Lidl vouchers to buy vouchers in Tesco.

Remouad wrote:
    Off topic but as far as I know you can't use the 10 euro off Lidl vouchers to buy vouchers in Tesco.

I believe some tescos will let you if its part of a larger shop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I have a code for the PS4 bundle for Portlaoise if anybody wants it, has to be collected by this evening.

• Advertisement

Anyone know when the stock checker updates? I missed out on my code want to see if I can grab it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Remouad wrote: »

My local tesco let me, never heard them not letting anyone....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

sweetie wrote: »

I have a PS4 deal reserved to collect tomorrow Saturday in the Ilac. I cant make it until Monday so can I ring the Ilac to extend it or do I ring Customer Service?

Thanks

branners69 wrote: »
    I have a PS4 deal reserved to collect tomorrow Saturday in the Ilac. I cant make it until Monday so can I ring the Ilac to extend it or do I ring Customer Service?

Thanks

You have to ring CS and they will put you through to Ilac, there is no direct line for Ilac iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

branners69 wrote: »

Thanks

Try 018147061, found on internet but could be old number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

nava wrote: »
    Try 018147061, found on internet but could be old number.

That was the one, cheers!

So I drove all the way out to Drogheda Extra to collect the PS4 w/GTA5 it I forgot to check online did they have the Witcher 3 to go with the deal, so I asked in store online to be told no they don't. So just decided to check there and they have 2 in stock. I am actully fuming here.

Should I ring tomorrow and ask for the manager to see if anything can be done? I'm just annoyed because I drove all the way out there and asked nicely if they had it in stock. The women never even checked, but I work in retail so took her word on it. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

So I drove all the way out to Drogheda Extra to collect the PS4 w/GTA5 it I forgot to check online did they have the Witcher 3 to go with the deal, so I asked in store online to be told no they don't. So just decided to check there and they have 2 in stock. I am actully fuming here.

Should I ring tomorrow and ask for the manager to see if anything can be done? I'm just annoyed because I drove all the way out there and asked nicely if they had it in stock. The women never even checked, but I work in retail so took her word on it. :mad:

Most likely they were reserved by people but didn't pick them up before close of business. Just reserve one and go back tomorrow?

Most likely they were reserved by people but didn't pick them up before close of business. Just reserve one and go back tomorrow?

Thing is I am in Dublin in an hour drive away to get it and 2 tolls.

• Advertisement

TallGlass wrote:
    Thing is I am in Dublin in an hour drive away to get it and 2 tolls.

That's how it works, they were reserved for someone else

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement