Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with graduation video!

Options
  • 04-01-2014 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

I graduated today (obviously not IT qualification) and my husband shot a video of same using a digital camera. Unfortunately when I uploaded it to my laptop it is tiny and has also lost audio. I haven't a clue how to resize the video to something watchable without losing picture quality or how to restore audio either. Any advice would be great thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭gaza4

can you give any info on the format of the file??? right click the file and select properties. the first tab(general) will note the file type. what programs have you tried using to open the file??? VLC is great fro opening any type of video file and playing it correctly.

finally in the properties window go to the details tab and copy down whatever info is there, specifically under the Video and Audio headings. that will help determine if the video itself was shot too small or without audio or if your simply having a software problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Thanks a million for responding.

Type of file is Video Clip Avi and opened with Windows Media Player.

Video Frame width 160
    height 120
    data rate 321kbps
    total bitrate 385kbps
    frame rate 10 frames/second

audio rate 64kbps
    channels 1 (mono)
    audio sample rate 8khz

Is this still fixable?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sounds like he used a cheap point and shoot with the minimum quality video preset.

160x120 is tiny. Like uselessly tiny.

160x120.gif

Its not really salvageable, sorry. He either needs to set his camera to the best quality possible for future work, or maybe get something more capable.

Advertisement